Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/9/2002 8:06:45 PM EDT
Trent Lott commented that, "I want to say this about my state: When Strom Thurmond ran for president, we voted for him. We're proud of it. And if the rest of the country had followed our lead, we wouldn't have had all [red]these problems[/red] over all these years, either." Since then, Al Whore has said, "Lott's remarks were "divisive" and fit the "definition of a racist comment." Jesse "The bastardizer" Jackson said that Lott should resign, which implies that he believes the comment was racist. From those statements, I think it can be implied that they believe blacks are a problem these days, which is why these two asshole liberals made such a racist issue out of it, while in fact, it was while honoring a publicly elected official who currently holds the record for longest time in senate. (But I guess that means the people are racist too, RIGHT?) Personally, I think it amusing that the first "problem" that came to their minds was black people. Am I overanalyzing this whole thing or what? It just seems that when honoring a man's achievements, its ok to pour it on a little thick. What he stands for now in morals and decency (what are those again?), means more now than when 50 years ago he ran a different (and acceptable at the time) agenda. Full Story: [url]http://www.cnn.com/2002/ALLPOLITICS/12/09/lott.comment/index.html[/url]
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 10:48:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/9/2002 10:49:51 PM EDT by Redmanfms]
There are a Hell of a lot of blacks in South Carolina. If they thought Thurmond was so racist they should have gotten off their asses and voted him out. The truth is, he stayed a Senator for SOOO long because he pork-bellied a whole shitload of military bases into SC. He's like the Republican version of Byrd. Lott's a great guy. Both Jackson and Algore are shitbirds who are like the cockroaches you've been stomping for the last five minutes who don't realize they are fucking dead.
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 3:59:30 AM EDT
I will never allow race hustlers like Gorp and JJ define racism for me, and the only voters that care about such issues already reside at Camp Loser.
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 8:42:38 AM EDT
Top Top