Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2002 4:28:14 PM EDT
Sitting here at my PC just after dark when I hear something crunching though the snow outside the house here on LI, NY and then there's a knock at the front door(everyone who knows us always uses the walkway to the rear porch entrance).  I knew something was up so I peaked through the blinds before opening the inside door to find a 6'6" person of minority persuasion standing there.  He says, " we were painting in the neighborhood and ran out of gas and desperately need your help sir",  "I need money for gas so I can get home").   Now I live in a log house at the end of a 600 ft. driveway and you cannot see my  house from the road so all the red flags are now full up and I tell him wait here I'm on the phone long distance.  I go and actually get the phone along with my Bushmaster M4 which I loaded, locked and cocked.  I put the Giles single sling over my shoulder so the rifle hung in front of me and went back to the front door with the phone to my ear and the rifle prominently displayed.  I looked him square in the eyes and loudly  told him, "I can't help you and you have to leave this property NOW!  He almost stumbled off the steps and fell over backwards and quickly walked down and away and disappeared down the long driveway.  I then called the police and told them that there either really was someone broken down on my street in 18 degree weather or some skell was panhandling or looking to do push in robberies and they agreed with me and sent a car to check it out.  

You just never know what's going to happen when you're surfing Ar15.com and when the wife came home she was real glad her husband is a gun freak er enthusiast.

Happy Holidays and be safe!
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 4:30:42 PM EDT
[#1]
That happens around here, expect they don't ask - they just steal the gas right from your tank.

Quoted:
Sitting here at my PC just after dark when I hear something crunching though the snow outside the house here on LI, NY and then there's a knock at the front door(everyone who knows us always uses the walkway to the rear porch entrance).  I knew something was up so I peaked through the blinds before opening the inside door to find a 6'6" person of minority persuasion standing there.  He says, " we were painting in the neighborhood and ran out of gas and desperately need your help sir",  "I need money for gas so I can get home").   Now I live in a log house at the end of a 600 ft. driveway and you cannot see my  house from the road so all the red flags are now full up and I tell him wait here I'm on the phone long distance.  I go and actually get the phone along with my Bushmaster M4 which I loaded, locked and cocked.  I put the Giles single sling over my shoulder so the rifle hung in front of me and went back to the front door with the phone to my ear and the rifle prominently displayed.  I looked him square in the eyes and loudly  told him, "I can't help you and you have to leave this property NOW!  He almost stumbled off the steps and fell over backwards and quickly walked down and away and disappeared down the long driveway.  I then called the police and told them that there either really was someone broken down on my street in 18 degree weather or some skell was panhandling or looking to do push in robberies and they agreed with me and sent a car to check it out.  

You just never know what's going to happen when you're surfing Ar15.com and when the wife came home she was real glad her husband is a gun freak er enthusiast.

Happy Holidays and be safe!
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 4:35:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 4:39:15 PM EDT
[#3]
What if he really did run out of gas? Hahahaha!

I would have done the same thing though. I'm not scared to run somebody off the porch.
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 4:46:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What if he really did run out of gas? Hahahaha!

I would have done the same thing though. I'm not scared to run somebody off the porch.
View Quote

I did think about that but there are at least 6 other houses that you can see right on the road near the end of my driveway and wouldn't you ask for help first?  This mooch asked for money right up front.  Besides I've seen homeless people with cell phones, if this guy really was a painter where was his?  I don't feel bad cause if he really was broke down the police would help him out.
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 4:47:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 4:52:22 PM EDT
[#6]
If he had asked to borrow a gas can....I might have believed him...

However under the conditions listed above.....

LOCK N LOAD !!!

Of course here in Canada I would just call 911 and wimper.
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 5:09:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd always wonder why is it that the people doing this are usually 6 feet or higher. Of any minority persuasion. I mean, I'm sure we rarely see a 5 ft 6 in guy doing this.
Well except for me when my motorcycle broke down. I tried to wait for the bus but it was a weekend, so I said F' it. I had a nice lunch at a diner then saw a nice young couple and asked if they could give me a ride to the Mall where there would be a bus back.
Did you wonder when you went back he would of followed you in?
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 5:24:58 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't care if it's:

1. A woman
2. 4 foot in height
3. Purple in color
4. Any or all or none of the above combinations

I NEVER answer the door without something in the waistband.
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 5:38:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I don't care if it's:

1. A woman

View Quote

Neither do I.

[;)]
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 6:02:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I don't care if it's:

1. A woman
2. 4 foot in height
3. Purple in color
4. Any or all or none of the above combinations

View Quote
ditto!
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 6:10:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top