Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/9/2002 12:07:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/9/2002 12:08:20 PM EDT by Kevin]
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 1:22:41 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Kevin: My father's aging eyes are causing him to have problems with judging distances. He is mainly having this problem when hunting in low light conditions. I was thinking a laser rangefinder would make a good Christmas present, so I have two questions: Do any of you have any opinions on the Bushnell Yardage Pro series (Sport, 400, 500, 600)? Have you found a source for some great bargains on rangefinders?
View Quote
I've had all the Bushnell Series, and they're great, as is Nikon. Stay away from the Leica - they are overpriced and have some annoying glitches- they definitely are Johnny-come-latelys in the budget rangefinder game. I use the Yardage Pro 1000, and that's what I'd recommend, even if your dad doesn't shoot all that far. The reason is that it is more likely to give a reading under adverse condtions such as bright sunlight or nonreflctive targets than the models rated for lower yardage; I don't know if it's because it has a stonger laser, or what, but unless price is an issue, consider it. Next is the small and very sexy Nikon 800 - a very nice size. As far as source, check out [url]http://www.swfa.com[/url]. Merry Christmas!
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 1:39:23 PM EDT
As above...check out SWFA and click on the "Sample List" link. Check often, stock changes.
Top Top