Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/9/2002 7:11:47 AM EDT
If you are so inclined -

Mrs.QS is working on her Master's in library science, and is within a hairsbreadth of getting her lifelong dream job, being a children's library department head.  She interviewed today for 1.5 hours at a library in Indianapolis, and really, REALLY wants this job.  We could really use the extra money, but more importantly, I think it's awesome to KNOW what you want to do since childhood and then actually get a chance to do it.  Prayers for her success would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
QS
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 10:15:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Is your wife a member of one of the protected classes of minorities?  If so, she probably has the offer all sewn up.  If not, don't be disappointed if someone who doesn't look like Marian the Librarian is hired.
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 10:28:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Done!
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 10:49:43 AM EDT
[#3]
SENT
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 10:56:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Is your wife a member of one of the protected classes of minorities?  If so, she probably has the offer all sewn up.  If not, don't be disappointed if someone who doesn't look like Marian the Librarian is hired.
View Quote

Probably not an issue...the list of black librarians is almost as short a list as 'Negroes I Have Met While Yachting'.

Thanks, though.
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 11:09:01 AM EDT
[#5]
God helps those who help themselves, She is doing her part by asking for the job and being qualified. So God willing, pray sent

I will do a little dance.
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 11:38:28 AM EDT
[#6]
I hope she will help influence those youngins and isn't gun shy.

Sent my best wishes... For all needing that one job.
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 5:45:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Mrs. QS here...thanks all for prayers and wishes!  QS and I have had a not so great year...dog attack, money issues and other fun and exciting stuff so this job would mean a ton to us.  I am hoping that it will be an early Christmas present...thanks again!
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 4:12:49 AM EDT
[#8]
You guys rock..thanks.

Love you, honey![:I]
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 4:14:35 AM EDT
[#9]
up bound
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 4:22:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Good Luck and Best Wishes, hopefully you will get your early Christmas present.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top