Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/8/2002 11:55:51 PM EDT
I am planning on taking a carbine course next year and was hoping to get some feedback on these two facilities.  Is one better than the other?  How was your experience etc, etc etc?  All comments would be appreciated.  thanx in advance.
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 12:06:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Due to recent events at Gunsight all members will be telling you Thunder Ranch. I believe some memers here might even get a bit angry if you mention Gunsite/Frontsight. (It's late.)
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 12:17:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Frontsight is not GunSite.

I'd do both if I had the $$$.  Never been to either, would like to do both (GS & TR)
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 6:26:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I took the Gunsite Tactical Carbine classes.
A fun time for all.

If you're interested, e-mail me, and I'll tell you about them, and the accommodations in the area.

They have a really nice camping area now too.

Jay

Link Posted: 12/9/2002 6:44:57 AM EDT
[#4]
My uncle is an instructor at Gunsite, so I'd go with that one.
Not sure what THellURider is talking about "recent events", but the fact taht he thinks Gunsite and Frontsight are the same things makes me think he doesn't know what he's talking about.
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 6:56:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 7:36:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Jeff Cooper no longer owns Gunsite, but it is my understanding that he still resides on or adjacent to the property.
I believe that the current owner(s) do get along with Cooper, and he is actively involved in the facility again.  The owner before this one seemed to have had a falling out with Cooper, and as such Cooper wasn't involved.
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 9:10:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
My uncle is an instructor at Gunsite, so I'd go with that one.
Not sure what THellURider is talking about "recent events", but the fact taht he thinks Gunsite and Frontsight are the same things makes me think he doesn't know what he's talking about.
View Quote

Geez. My bad. I never said I knew what I was talking about. It was ore just a BTT kind of post. I was talking about Frontsights recent legal activity. i know they're not very popular at the moment.
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 9:23:12 AM EDT
[#8]
THellURider;
No offense intended, but the net and boards like this are becomming hot topics in the legal world.  People are really going to have to watch what they say and how they say it.  Notice that my whole post says things like "I believe" and "its my understanding"?  This is not only with an eye towards the recent batch of lawsuits and threats of lawsuits, but is also an attempt to let others know that I really don't know for sure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top