Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 10:09:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Individually machined projectiles? That'll be expensive.

Another gimmick ammo.  

ETA: EXTREME SHOCK!!!!! page ownage.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 10:17:58 AM EDT
[#2]
This looks like a troll video from somebody like Dynamic Pie Concepts. Nobody without a completely Tapco-fucked or Magpul-fucked gun can take it seriously.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 10:20:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If he wants a good avatar he should pay and get one from me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Im not a familiar or trying to advertise for any company. I just have never seen those before and thought they were interesting. If I would have said " look at these stupied shitty bullets that these people arr trying to make cool that obviously dont work well at all" then you guys wouldn't have accused me.

You've got to have pretty thick skin around here my friend.

Also. You should get this for your avatar.
http://i.imgur.com/nqFEc0c.gif

Inside joke.
I know the OP.
He's ok.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 10:21:41 AM EDT
[#4]
I think these guys already have an energy drink out too.

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 10:29:06 AM EDT
[#5]
I would like to see the 12 guage slug but that is only because i liked the now discontinued remington slug that had 4 pedals that would break off.

But as others have said, shedding the mass of an expanding projectile so that none of its parts properly penetrate isnt a great idea.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 10:41:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Low post count member promoting a sketchy product ...........   Shocking!!!!!  

View Quote

This shit has been blowing up on facebook since this morning. Gun and non gun folks have been posting it. I specifically checked in to find the inevitable thread on it here. I doubt the OP has any affiliation with this product.

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 10:56:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I think these guys already have an energy drink out too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRuNxHqwazs
View Quote

Not that one, this is it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 10:59:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:00:37 AM EDT
[#9]

Friendly voice: "...then, the 14 petals flower, harmlessly dispersing ambition into a spiral arrangement leaving only very small holes that the body's natural defenses seal off almost immediatly
The lightweight center post then slows rapidly and stops after leaving most of it's mass and kinetic energy behind on it's journey inside bellyfat.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:16:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Countdown until they paint the boxes green and start selling it as zombie ammo............

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:34:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Countdown until they paint the boxes green and start selling it as zombie ammo............
View Quote

Probably will paint the copper flourescent green that glows in the dark.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:42:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Maybe we could trade a ban on these for lifting the hughes amendment
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:01:21 PM EDT
[#13]
lol buddy just posted about this ammo stuff on facebook.  

good video on wounding and shit

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:08:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Is Jesse Jackson going to come out and say it was made to kill black people?
View Quote

Any day now.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:45:51 PM EDT
[#15]
A bullet designed to lose its mass on impact? That doesn't make any sense.

It would probably be leathal, after many hours and possibly nicking something casuing a slow bleedout. Immediate incapacitation seems unlikely, the main projectile loses too much mass to go further. Also "ripsaw effect" lol.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:46:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Is that real ballistic gelatin?  It looks thinner.  The pieces that break off have no penetration.  The single piece that penetrates deeper doesn't expand.  Explain to me why this round is better than 9mm FMJ?  It has a smaller diameter than 9mm so will do even less damage than. 9mm FMJ.  Pure gimmick and I would strongly recommend staying away from it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://thelibertydigest.com/2014/01/24/the-new-ammunition-that-has-gun-owners-drooling/

These things are pretty sweet.

Is that real ballistic gelatin?  It looks thinner.  The pieces that break off have no penetration.  The single piece that penetrates deeper doesn't expand.  Explain to me why this round is better than 9mm FMJ?  It has a smaller diameter than 9mm so will do even less damage than. 9mm FMJ.  Pure gimmick and I would strongly recommend staying away from it.

This fine gentleman from the live free or die state speaks the truth. Different day, same exotic ammo snake oil sales pitch that we've heard before. Stick to the proven performers. (HST, Gold Dot, Ranger-T, etc)
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 1:41:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

You sure do seem to have this site figured out.

Pretty impressive for the join date.

Familiar?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Am I missing something here ?

This site has a history of shills. Basically, people with low post counts making posts about gimmicky new gun stuff and asking for opinions all the while basically providing free advertisement for the new product. Typically, the person making the post is tied to the company in someway. Do a search for Anderson Manufacturing's AR15 "top of the line".

Cliffnotes: you're being (passive aggressively) accused of being a shill for Liberty Defense. We eat our own here. Sometimes it's justified. Mostly it's not.

FIFMyself

You sure do seem to have this site figured out.

Pretty impressive for the join date.

Familiar?

You're kidding right? I've bought 5 memberships in less than a year, utilized the EE, and might have got an Arfcomer a job at my company during my impressive year. However, I learned about the shilling when I googled Anderson XM-15 and found their shill posts here.

Arfcom isn't a fucking enigma. Just a few cool people thrown in to a pile of morons waiting for the next "OMGBBQ epiCness" to happen. But I digress, you're not even a member...
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 1:54:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Inside joke.
I know the OP.
He's ok.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Im not a familiar or trying to advertise for any company. I just have never seen those before and thought they were interesting. If I would have said " look at these stupied shitty bullets that these people arr trying to make cool that obviously dont work well at all" then you guys wouldn't have accused me.

You've got to have pretty thick skin around here my friend.

Also. You should get this for your avatar.
http://i.imgur.com/nqFEc0c.gif

Inside joke.
I know the OP.
He's ok.

Okay, didn't know the op was a lumber jack.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 1:59:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Solid copper is fine.   Solid brass is a no go as it would be AP.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Awesome gif!

Aren't solid copper handgun bullets a no-no?

Solid copper is fine.   Solid brass is a no go as it would be AP.

Thanks, I confused my metals.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 2:42:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
It sure leaves a nasty  shallow wound.
View Quote

FIFY

speed
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 2:48:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

This site has a history of shills. Basically, people with low post counts making posts about gimmicky new gun stuff and asking for opinions all the while basically providing free advertisement for the new product. Typically, the person making the post is tied to the company in someway. Do a search for Anderson Manufacturing's AR15 "top of the line".

Cliffnotes: you're being (passive aggressively) accused of being a shill for Liberty Defense. We eat our own here. Sometimes it's justified. Mostly it's not.

FIFMyself
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FIFMyself

congrats you just beat out two planejane quotes for my sigline.
between these two I think I have a good description of GD

speed
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 2:58:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Saw the Dvor ad..lol, didn't even bother with the site.

View Quote

This.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 3:26:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Someone needs to make a .gif of the "dancing gelatin" combined with Chunk from Goonies doing his dance.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 5:07:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

speed
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FIFMyself

speed

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 5:50:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Actually its Clear Ballistic gel. its on par with calibrated ordnance gel. As for the bullet design its just a pin grabber mod to the old Lehigh subsonic. Nothing new..
http://www.lehighbullets.com/prodimages/308-500.jpg

BTW is there any of you that can do the cool operator voice and has the beard but no hair taciticool look to ya. I need a spokes model..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

this
from another thread

Quoted:
That looks more like Perma-Gel than calibrated BG to me...

<SNIP>

Thank you.  So we don't even know if it reaches the 10 to 12" of recommended penetration in calibrated ballistic gelatin.  Pass.

Actually its Clear Ballistic gel. its on par with calibrated ordnance gel. As for the bullet design its just a pin grabber mod to the old Lehigh subsonic. Nothing new..

BTW is there any of you that can do the cool operator voice and has the beard but no hair taciticool look to ya. I need a spokes model..

BRB, gotta go shave my head.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 5:52:49 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

FIFMyself
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

FIFMyself

holy shit

from a 13r?    impressed!
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 6:03:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
lol buddy just posted about this ammo stuff on facebook.  

good video on wounding and shit

http://youtu.be/tku8YI68-JA  
View Quote

damn good vid..
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 6:16:19 PM EDT
[#28]
These bullets are silly.  Anyone taking these seriously should feel silly.

SILLY.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 6:35:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I would like to see the 12 guage slug but that is only because i liked the now discontinued remington slug that had 4 pedals that would break off.

But as others have said, shedding the mass of an expanding projectile so that none of its parts properly penetrate isnt a great idea.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:54:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Yeah I remember Black Rhino ammo
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 12:06:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Seems like a prosecuting attorney's wet dream
View Quote

Has anyone ever been convicted for using hollow points?
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 1:48:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When someone picks up a gun and uses it against someone, they're already saying, 'I want the most lethal and affective means of stopping this threat possible." How would adding hollow points or magnum cartridges or fragmenting bullets change that intent?
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 2:42:59 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

When someone picks up a gun and uses it against someone, they're already saying, 'I want the most lethal and affective means of stopping this threat possible." How would adding hollow points or magnum cartridges or fragmenting bullets change that intent?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're preaching to the choir. It doesn't, but some over zealous DAs will make that very case and some dipshit jurors will buy it. I NEVER drink when I carry for a lot of very good reasons, one them being, every homicide in MS goes to the Grand Jury. I don't want the fact that I had a 0.04 BAC and my judgement was impaired to be thrown out there.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 8:10:13 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
A bullet designed to lose its mass on impact? That doesn't make any sense.

It would probably be leathal, after many hours and possibly nicking something casuing a slow bleedout. Immediate incapacitation seems unlikely, the main projectile loses too much mass to go further. Also "ripsaw effect" lol.
View Quote

Glazer. Magsafe.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 9:02:22 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Wouldn't wanna get shot with that, that's for sure
View Quote

I wouldn't want to get shot with a pellet.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 9:04:39 AM EDT
[#36]
I think I will just stick to my Extreme Shock ammunition instead.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 9:07:34 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Low post count member promoting a sketchy product ...........   Shocking!!!!!  

View Quote

I saw this shit being passed around on Facebook 2 days ago.  Highly doubt the OP is a shill.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 9:34:49 AM EDT
[#38]
Crap what a new and innovative idea! Will they make them in 8 X 50r?

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 9:45:41 AM EDT
[#39]
I would like a box just for the novelty factor. They're only making the round in 9mm.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 9:57:59 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I would like a box just for the novelty factor. They're only making the round in 9mm.
View Quote

That's about the only utility it has.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 12:04:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Maybe we could trade a ban on these for lifting the hughes amendment
View Quote

Best response yet.
Link Posted: 1/31/2014 12:22:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

this
from another thread

Quoted:
That looks more like Perma-Gel than calibrated BG to me...

<SNIP>

Thank you.  So we don't even know if it reaches the 10 to 12" of recommended penetration in calibrated ballistic gelatin.  Pass.

I have a thick beard and am semi bald, does that qualify?
Link Posted: 1/31/2014 12:35:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

You're preaching to the choir. It doesn't, but some over zealous DAs will make that very case and some dipshit jurors will buy it. I NEVER drink when I carry for a lot of very good reasons, one them being, every homicide in MS goes to the Grand Jury. I don't want the fact that I had a 0.04 BAC and my judgement was impaired to be thrown out there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Imagine if George Zimmerman used this shit. The chicks in that jury would have soaked it right up.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top