Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 10:58:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Saw a four Gypsys last night at the package store.

I've worked with them, drank with them and partied with them. Years ago, seems all the bars I went to where biker bars. Odd cause I've always been considered a shitkicker.  

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
And if any of the crew you see wearing a rocker on his back that says prospect, look out because he will do anything to anyone one his own or on orders or a dare from the group because he wants to become part of the crew.

View Quote

Like a fraternity pledge huh? That's pretty funny.

If you knew anything about it, you wouldn't think it was so funny.
AB
View Quote

Very, Very True.
Been there. They will do anything to get in the club. Get beer, get, woman, cut you, shoot you or what ever he's told to do at any given time, which he will with out question.

Ever hear of 1%.

Never call a "Prospect" -- "Prospect" thinking that's his name, trust me and believe me....it ain't.
View Quote

YUP!
AB
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 11:24:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
762, I was traveling on the weekend of that shooting in vegas, and i remember seeing bikers EVERYWHERE, mostly going AWAY from vegas, but they were not in groups, they scattered like cockroaches after that, so I saw singles and doubles and maybe one triple group.
View Quote

too bad the shooting was in laughlin during the river run.

ian
View Quote

I knew vegas was wrong, but all I could think of was reno, but I knew that wasnt it...my memory is spotty at best...fixed the post.
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 12:27:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I think a gangbanger is a gangbanger..Doesn't matter if your a street thug or in a bikergang. They still will kill over their colors and drugs.

I met some members from Hell's Angels from San Francisco. They were ok. Kinda older like in their late 40's and 50's..I wouldn't want to see them during their young and rowdy days.
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 3:47:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Thirty + years ago I knew a guy that was an enforcer for the Outlaws. He was a small guy with an attitude twice his size and I once asked him if he was big enough to do the job, He replied...

How BIG do I have to be to pull a trigger ?

Needless to say he was killed in the line of duty a couple of years later.
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 4:18:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Hell Angels are more worried about protecting their trademarks than anything else anymore.

I live and work in Southern California. We have exactly ZERO biker gang related crime in my patrol area.
View Quote

County mounty?? You familier with "Dumonts", (Tavern), in El Cajon, on the Boulevard?
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 6:05:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Texas is Bandido country, mostly keep to themselves but have been known to kick some ass. I went to high school with the guy that became the leader of the local chapter, my buddies and I could go to all the bars and drink and nobody messed with us. He later died of a overdose of alcohol and drugs. The funeral procession was amazing hundreds of bikers in town. We don't here much out of them around here anymore.
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 6:35:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I had a little run-in with some of the Sons of Silence about eight years ago when I worked in a local gunshop.  They were being assholes and decided to wait on me in the parking lot at closing.

They're real fuckin' brave when there's five of them.

View Quote

The Sons used to be a pretty bad bunch to piss off, and yes all biker gangs fight in force.  But the Sons got their attitudes adjusted back in APR. '93 when their "Enforcer" Paul Kline aka PK and a few others got their candles extinguished in a fight with a local hillbilly.  He walked in to their favorite watering hole carrying a small arsenal including a 1911 and an AK47.  He walked out, they got body bagged and carried out.  The best part was I think he only got probation or something like that.  They haven't been nowhere near as notorious since then, PK was the #1 reason most feared the Sons.  He was suspected of being directly involved in 100's of murders and indirectly with 100's more.  Poor li'l guy, we'll sure miss him around here.[:D] [:P]

Karl.
View Quote

I remember when that happened.  I used to live not very far from that bar in Colorado Springs.  The bar was at the intersection of Fillmore and Nevada.  I was looking out the window one night and it looked like 500 cops were down there with lights flashing.  I can't remember if the guy got off or not.  But was was funny is what he said before he opened fire in the bar.  He said, "Nothing personal"  and commenced to unload.  The Sons of Silence had a big funeral or something and decorated the bar on the outside with flowers.  It was really wierd, bikers everywhere.  Then it was over and in a few months the bar was demolished and now a Jiffy Lube is sitting there.  Didn't see any bikers after that.

patsue
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 7:11:41 AM EDT
[#8]
There are no good guys in biker gangs. Thats why they refer to themselves as outlaws and 1%ers.

Sonny Barger will have you believe that Hells Angels and other gangs are nothing more than a group of guys that like to ride Harleys and like any other group they have a few bad apples.

The reality is all these groups are criminal organizations. Its easier to become a cop than a Hells Angel. By Sonny Barger's own admission it takes a couple of years of evaluation to become a member. First a person must be accepted as a "hang around" then they are evaluated by the chapter for about a year. After that time they may be accepted as a "prospect" for futher evaluation before being addmitted to the club.

These evaluations are not to determine if you really like riding Harleys. They are to determine if you can keep your mouth shut and are really willing to do whatever it takes on behalf of the club. Contrary to their proclaimations of innocense, these guys are basically organized crime with out the suits and the Italian birth requirement.

Sonny Barger's web site has a few of his interviews as streaming audio. Mostly self serving but interesting listening.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top