Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/7/2002 6:31:53 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 6:35:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 6:40:00 PM EDT
[#2]
come on Klink, everyone knows it was a flying saucer crash that was covered up by the federal gubmit.
they've just been lying about if for 60 years.
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 6:45:41 PM EDT
[#3]
It's when Al Gore fell to earth and was adopted by his family.
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 6:47:39 PM EDT
[#4]
All I have to say about it is this:

The government has done everything in its power to stonewall, cover up, obfuscate, and deny anything having to do with the "Roswell incident" - and for so long - that I am forced to believe that something of enormous significance happened there.  I happen to believe that the press release issued by the air force base was the truth - quickly controlled from higher up.  An extremely advanced craft of unknown origin crashed outside of Roswell.  The government recovered it, and covered it up.  
The intelligence office of the 509th Bombardment group at Roswell Army Air Field announced at noon today, that the field [red]has come into possession of a flying saucer.[/red]

According to information released by the department, over authority of Maj. J. A. Marcel, intelligence officer, the disk was recovered on a ranch in the Roswell vicinity, after an unidentified rancher had notified Sheriff Geo. Wilcox, here, that he had found the instrument on his premises.

Major Marcel and a detail from his department went to the ranch and recovered the disk, it was stated.

After the intelligence officer here had inspected the instrument it was flown to higher headquarters.

The intelligence office stated that no details of the saucer's construction or its appearance had been revealed.

Mr. and Mrs. Dan Wilmot apparently were the only persons in Roswell who saw what they thought was a flying disk.

They were sitting on their porch at 105 South Penn. last Wednesday night at about ten o'clock when a large glowing object zoomed out of the sky from the southeast, going in a northwesterly direction at a high rate of speed.

Wilmot called Mrs. Wilmot's attention to it and both ran down into the yard to watch. It was in sight less then a minute, perhaps 40 or 50 seconds, Wilmot estimated.

Wilmot said that it appeared to him to be about 1,500 feet high and going fast. He estimated between 400 and 500 miles per hour.

In appearance it looked oval in shape like two inverted saucers, faced mouth to mouth, or like two old type washbowls placed, together in the same fashion. The entire body glowed as though light were showing through from inside, though not like it would inside, though not like it would be if a light were merely underneath.

From where he stood Wilmot said that the object looked to be about 5 feet in size, and making allowance for the distance it was from town he figured that it must have been 15 to 20 feet in diameter, though this was just a guess.

Wilmot said that he heard no sound but that Mrs. Wilmot said she heard a swishing sound for a very short time.

The object came into view from the southeast and disappeared over the treetops in the general vicinity of six mile hill.

Wilmot, who is one of the most respected and reliable citizens in town, kept the story to himself hoping that someone else would come out and tell about having seen one, but finally today decided that he would go ahead and tell about it. The announcement that the RAAF was in possession of one came only a few minutes after he decided to release the details of what he had seen.
View Quote
[url]www.geocities.com/jagironi2/images/area51/roswell.gif[/url]
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 6:49:31 PM EDT
[#5]
im not going to even touch this one with a 12 foot pole. Tinfoil hats ON!
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 6:52:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I think the technology jumps from the 1950's to today are very suspicious. Maybe it is reverse engineering from the ship or maybe it just happened.
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 6:56:19 PM EDT
[#7]
The government (MIB) has been collecting crashes for an unknown length of time.  They take the technology and subcontract it out to technology firms for production (like night vision, microchips and lasers).  

The major labs include Area 51, and a series of labs in the mountains of Southern Arizona.  With the threat of Japanese invasion, the labs in AZ were emptied temporarily of the technology, and filled with armaments.

Patton believed that should the Japanese invade the Western United States, we could rally from Mexico, seize the arms from the old labs and destroy the Japanese.  But, Patton was later murdered in Western Europe because he did not agree with the plot to sell-out Europe's only functioning democracy, the Czechs, to Stalin.  

Post war, the abandoned labs were mainly forgotten about, and the costs of de-milling/ environmental regulations prevented the government from disposing of the arms labs.  The last lab discovered was found by some rafters from ASU who discovered an underground river in the Superstition Mountains, they were never found, but their raft surfaced in a nearby lake.  

The underground spring served as part of the cooling/ water feed for one of the complexes built during the Great Depression under the disguise of a dam.  These labs are now mostly abandoned, but the enterances are either hidden, or disguised as Naval weather stations.  Pattons armory series will likely never be found.  But most importantly, I'm full of crap.
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 6:58:20 PM EDT
[#8]
We shot down a UFO, dude.

How else can you explain Jojo?
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 7:00:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Or Zsa Zsa Gabor?

Link Posted: 12/7/2002 7:07:37 PM EDT
[#10]
I vote for "weather" balloon, since I think it was closer to the truth then aliens.

edited for spllin
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 7:08:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Here's an interesting book written by Col Philip J. Corso, (Ret).  ISBN 0-671-00461-1.  "The Day After Roswell".  I read it a few years ago and the bottom line is yes we have an alien craft and we did back engineer their stuff.  That's why so many electronic items became available in such a short period of time.  I can't remember any specifics; I need to read the book again.  Maybe it's out in paperback now; I paid $25 as I didn't want to wait.  Oh yeah- the other thing we learned is that alien coffee is terrible!!
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 8:52:38 PM EDT
[#12]
LEts not for the recently decoded (decyphered?) ramey memo! (this was the memo he was holding in his hand as he posed for pictures with the weather balloon parts in the local sherrif's office a few days after the crash)..

7:13 CST
 A) URGENT                    
 B) HQAAF
 C) WASHINGTON
 D) 8 JUL 1947
 E) VANDENBERG                          
 F)   FROM: HQ 8TH AAF
 G)   SUB: ROSWELL

0)   FWAAF ACKNOWLEDGES THAT A "DISK" IS NEXT NEW FIND WEST OF

1)   THE CORDON. AT LOCATION WAS A "POD" NEAR OPERATION AT THE

2)   "RANCH" AND THE VICTIMS OF THE WRECK YOU FORWARDED TO THE

3)   ??TEAM AT FORT WORTH, TEX.

4)   AVIATORS IN THE "DISC" THEY WILL SHIP FOR A1-8TH ARMYAMHC

5)   BY B29-ST OR C47. WRIGHT AF ASSESS AIRFOIL AT ROSWELL. ASSURE

6)   THAT CIC/TEAM SAID THIS MISSTATE MEANING OF STORY AND THINK

7)   LATE TODAY NEXT SENT OUT PR OF WEATHER BALLOONS WOULD FARE

8)   BETTER IF THEY ADD LAND DEMORAWIN CREWS.

RAMEY                                     austin, Tex

Link Posted: 12/8/2002 8:20:11 AM EDT
[#13]
I was there in 93 for Mighty Force exercise.  What happened?  I worked 13 hour shifts at night for two weeks, got drunk every morning after work, slept two hours and back at it.  Saw the worst thunderstorms I'd ever seen, got really bad sunburn, and slept in a foot of water when the alert building flooded.  Great trip!
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 8:39:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Definately aliens....They're here....
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 8:46:04 AM EDT
[#15]
There was a little piece that came out a few years ago. I think it was one of the high altitude balloon jumps they were doing. Winds picked up and drug the craft or something. Man had his head crushed, but survived. His head swelled tremendously. They showed pictures. It looks a LOT like the alien photos. It was in the correct place. The correct time. yada yada yada.

All of which leads me to my own bit of speculation about the UFO craze. Do you think that the UFO craze was STARTED by Soviet agents trying to spy out what we were doing, or do you think they just all became UFO nuts overnight once the craze hit the papers?
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 8:55:33 AM EDT
[#16]
ORM-D,
You're not paying attention.  Listen to me, man. Aliens [i]are[/i] here.  My second wife was an alien.  There is no earthly reason for her behavior. [:D]
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 9:13:42 AM EDT
[#17]
So riddle me this.

I believe that there is most likely intelligent life elsewhere in the universe, I do doubt however, that we (the gov't) has solid evidence backing it, though.

Hidden in plain sight.  Much of the conspiracy surrounding these "sightings" and craft have been centered around the deserts of AZ, NM and NV where military reservations have existed for many years.

Why shouldn't the gov't "neither confirm or deny" accusations of hiding alien bodies, craft or reversed engineered technology at say, Area 51/Groom Lake/Tonopah Test Range?  Surely, it is much more interesting for the public to believe we are experimenting on alien stuff, than what has been going on there - testing experimental aircraft and such.  A great cover story if people are looking for alien technology than looking for the Stealth Fighter and its associated systems.

Keep the people filing FoIA requests for alien evidence and they will ignore the environmental damage at Tonopah, they will ignore the huge budget that went into the different projects out there and the amount of land that is wasted for these reservations.

As long as the conspiracy lives, the true nature of military spending will be obscured.

Please don't take this the wrong way.  My tenure in the military was in intel and I am very sensitive to the nature of keeping secrets secret and will not condone releasing of sensitive information to appeal to one's curiosity.  My explanation is no more than my personal opinion of these conspiracies.  I am sure the truth is somewhere in between.

Link Posted: 12/8/2002 9:16:17 AM EDT
[#18]
The truth is out there....

but not nearly so far "out there" as the UFO freaks.
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 9:16:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 9:25:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 9:36:38 AM EDT
[#21]
[img]http://communities.prodigy.net/sportsrec/images/swissarmygun.jpg[/img]
this guy is ready for them to return
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 9:45:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 10:13:13 AM EDT
[#23]
A tv show that started out pretty good, then went down the shitter in a hurry.
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 2:03:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:Well that fact that certain "key witnesses" have dissapeared with no explanation is very suspicious.
View Quote

I always have trouble with "key witnesses" who have disappeared/died/vaporized under questionable circumstances is that no matter how hair-brained a conspiracy is, people will always have supporting evidence as, "John Smith was involved and he was being sued - somehow, his car drove off the road and he died."  I don't buy it.  Since the creation/evolution of man, people have died and many times, under interesting circumstances.  It doesn't mean they were involved in a cover up or were to release information.

The reason the government will not reveal the truth is because if the public realizes they do not have control of the sky there will be panic. The super-religious freaks will also go crazy.
View Quote

I would agree that if there was substaintial evidence to support these theories, there could be panic and some religious undertones.  However, add some of these conspiracies together, why wouldn't the gov't want to cause panic and civil unrest - it would give it much more power and control over the population.

Again, I don't buy it.

PRINCIPLE OF PARSIMONY OR PRINCIPLE OF SIMPLICITY:  a criterion for deciding among scientific theories or explanations. One should always choose the simplest explanation of a phenomenon, the one that requires the fewest leaps of logic.  See also, Occam's Razor.

-934, not a skeptic - a realist.
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 4:46:07 PM EDT
[#25]
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid41/p6a0c76e1546033542fb4ec94224972ef/fcf45a85.jpg[/img]

[(:|)]
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 5:05:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Anyone notice that none of us gun owners have been abducted?  If you were an alien, would you take that risk? [:D]

USPC40

[img]photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=476[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]

[img]photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=469[/img]
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 5:15:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Check out the book "The Day After Roswell."

That will splain you up on what happened to all the pieces parts that were recovered.

The U.S. didn't "shoot down" a UFO until some time in the '70's when a radar lock over Germany downed a craft.  IIRC.  According to the book.

I wasn't born until the late 60's, so I am not a very good witness.

-White Horse
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 6:47:38 PM EDT
[#28]
IIRC = ?????  I've been trying to figure it out, so can someone splain it to me now?
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 6:49:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 7:46:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Anyone notice that none of us gun owners have been abducted?  If you were an alien, would you take that risk? [:D]

USPC40
quote]

I never believed a single abduction story they are all so flakey.. but the roswell thing is just toooo suspicious to me personally...
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 8:38:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 8:46:27 PM EDT
[#32]
After giving this careful thought and much reading over the years, I believe it was the "listening device" that DoubleFeed mentioned, and was detailed in the GAO report some years ago.

Some background: It was thought by guvmint scientists that sound waves could travel long distances through the upper atmopshere, similar to the way it travels deep underwater.

So a weather balloon was modified to carry very sensitive microphones and set aloft to listen for test explosions.  The whole project was a bust, it didn't work at all.  It was still a Top Secret project, so when one of the balloons crashed on Dwight Yokam's ranch, it was a major security breach.

To justify the quick response and number of people involved, the called it a flying disc.  This was to throw the Ruskies off (and perhaps scare them).

Link Posted: 12/8/2002 9:55:23 PM EDT
[#33]
if thats true then why did 1. the government first report a disk was recovered only to hours later say it was a weatherballoon?

2. how could one of those microphone balloon things have crashed when they didnt even start testing them untill the 50's?

I just dont trust the government on anything so i have no reason to trust them on this :)
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 11:04:22 PM EDT
[#34]
1.  Some type of disinformation.  To confuse people more and have them look in every direction but the right one?

2. http://www.csicop.org/si/9507/roswell.html

This is the link for Project Mogul at The Skeptical Enquirer.  The balloon flights began in @ summer of 1947.

It must have been an interesting time to say the least!
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 11:39:18 PM EDT
[#35]
I will say it since nobody else has.  I always thought that the Roswell alien crap was just a cover for all the foreign angents that were trying to spy on our high tech aircraft and other gadgets that the US gubmit plays with out in the desert.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top