Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 12/5/2002 4:54:26 PM EDT
NOT even in the [b] TRUCK [/b] class!
I didn't see one Tundra doing anything today but making a run to the 7/11 for milk and bread.

[img]http://pages.prodigy.net/labradorx3/public_html/silver.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 5:05:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Today I saw a lot of Dodge vehicles driving while all the vehicles that were stopped or stalled along the road were Chevy/GMC.  I'm not trying to bash Chevy as I like their truck, I'm just pointing out my observations.
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 5:11:04 PM EDT
[#2]
*Ahem* this sounds like a smack down to me...

I have an '01 Tundra extended, 4wd and pulled 2 people out of ditches (1 was a 4wd sierra).

I didn't have ANY weight in the back but know how to drive in this shit.  Between your fat mouth and the load in your back end you probably coulda pulled Rosie O outta a ditch.

Link Posted: 12/5/2002 5:48:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
*Ahem* this sounds like a smack down to me...

I have an '01 Tundra extended, 4wd and pulled 2 people out of ditches (1 was a 4wd sierra).
View Quote

You keep pulling Mr. and Mrs. Dumbfuck out of ditches on their way home from the mall and I'll be sure to keep [b] MY [/b] business open for business!
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 5:53:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Does COST have anything to do with this?  Aren't Tunra's relatively new and people are not going to use a nice new truck for plowing?

Wait a couple years for used ones, I betcha you'll see em plowing then.

However, if you think they can't handle this snow, then you're sadly mistaken!  Maybe the owners just aren't as gung ho.

Demographics of the buyers would help!
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 5:56:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 5:59:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Know what truck won Motor Trend's 2001 Truck of the Year award?

It wasn't a Ford.
It wasn't a Chevy.
It wast't a Dodge.

It was the Toyota Tundra.

My father has one.  It's his third truck.  First was a GMC S15.  Second was a Dodge.  

The Dodge was much better than the GMC, but then it was much newer and the GMC was only a light truck, but the Dodge was a '98 Ram.

The Tundra is clearly superior to the Ram. It's got more of everything.  Power, torque, load capacity, towing capacity, COMFORT, amenities...you name it.  And NOTHING has broken on it yet.  The Dodge had very few problems, but it wasn't completely trouble free.

CJ

Link Posted: 12/5/2002 6:10:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It wasn't a Ford.
It wasn't a Chevy.
It wast't a Dodge.

My father has one.  It's his third truck.  First was a GMC S15.  Second was a Dodge.  

The Dodge was much better than the GMC, but then it was much newer and the GMC was only a light truck, but the Dodge was a '98 Ram.

The Tundra is clearly superior to the Ram. It's got more of everything.  Power, torque, load capacity, towing capacity, COMFORT, amenities...you name it.  And NOTHING has broken on it yet.  The Dodge had very few problems, but it wasn't completely trouble free.

CJ

View Quote

How much [b] money [/b] does your father make a year using his Tundra?
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 6:14:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Does COST have anything to do with this?  Aren't Tunra's relatively new and people are not going to use a nice new truck for plowing?

Wait a couple years for used ones, I betcha you'll see em plowing then.
View Quote

Cost? Let's see...I think the the Silverado HD could perhaps cost [b] SLIGHTLY [/b] more than a Tundra. However, I didn't hesitate mounting a plow on it when it was bran spanking NEW in 2001.
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 6:26:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Oh yeah, well my penis is [b]STILL[/b] bigger than yours...
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 6:30:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Oh yeah, well my penis is [b]STILL[/b] bigger than yours...
View Quote

Brag...brag...brag! It wasn't voted [b] LARGEST [/b] by [b] Penis Mag! [/b]
And certainly NOT "penis of the year!"
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 7:13:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Toyota? Power? HA!! Those NEW Tundras are rated to pull up to 7,100 pounds... My 97 Chevy is rated to pull up to about 10,000, and the newer HDs are rated at about 15,500. If you need to do anything more than pull someone out of a ditch, or go to the dump with two bgs of garbage, buy a REAL truck.
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 7:27:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Toyota? Power? HA!! Those NEW Tundras are rated to pull up to 7,100 pounds... My 97 Chevy is rated to pull up to about 10,000, and the newer HDs are rated at about 15,500. If you need to do anything more than pull someone out of a ditch, or go to the dump with two bgs of garbage, buy a REAL truck.
View Quote

Shhh! I was waiting to tell them about the 496 cube 8100 Vortech engine and Allison transmission with 410 gears and 340 HP.

The SNOW in the back is weight used to stack the snow....pile high. NOT pull dumbfucks out of ditches! Of course if the Silverado carried 40 plus gallons of gas like my Suburban, the snow wouldn't be necessary![:D]
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 7:29:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It wasn't a Ford.
It wasn't a Chevy.
It wast't a Dodge.

CJ

View Quote

Right, M/T is a CAR mag!  Go look and see what (real) truck won Truck Of The Year in (a truck mag) FourWheeler.  That would be the Chevy.  I think the Tundra came in tied for last.  But hey, some of us like trucks, and some like cars dressed up like trucks!  [}:D]
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 7:33:39 PM EDT
[#14]
wooptie fucking doo

Link Posted: 12/5/2002 7:38:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
wooptie fucking doo
View Quote

Sorry we couldn't turn this into a "Racist" or "Abortion" thread for you!
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 7:45:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Ok now! everybody lay off of the TOYota boys,if they want to say they have "trucks" then let them.
Hell,we let the KKK have their say this is America every man has the freedom to make a total fool of him self if he wants.
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 7:47:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Tundra... <--embarrassment to the truck family. I own a Ford F-350 powerstroke V-10, and a Dodge 1500 diesel. Both are 380 hp. With snow tires I could scale Mt. Everest in them. (slight exaggeration). With my ford I pulled an out of town dumbfuck in his 2wd suburban TOWING HIS BOAT out of the snow UP A HILL on the HIGHWAY (well over 15,000 lbs.). When I was looking for my second truck (Dodge) I stopped by a dealership to test out a Tundra, since it was pretty cheap. It was ridiculous. You can't even pull Bill Clinton's head out of his ass with that toy *ahem* truck
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 7:47:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
wooptie fucking doo
View Quote

Sorry we couldn't turn this into a "Racist" or "Abortion" thread for you!
View Quote

That's pretty fucked up and uncalled for.
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 7:54:31 PM EDT
[#19]
So what?  What brought this on?  Are you so insercure that you need to attack what other people drive out of the blue?

BTW, I drove my ford 4 cylinder truck at 80 mph today, how fast did you get up to?  Be smart, move to Arizona rather than live in the snow.
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 7:55:46 PM EDT
[#20]
hey fellas, look at me !!! my trucks better than your truck !!! neener neener neener.....[%|]
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 7:58:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Ford 450- This is where you start at for REAL work trucks...
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 7:59:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Chevy pickups .... Yeah, Okay!

NOT even in the [b]TRUCK[/B] class!
I didn't see one chevy doing anything today but driving along the interstate.

[img]http://www.plowsunlimited.com/images/photo_gallery/33.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 8:06:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Chevy pickups .... Yeah, Okay!

NOT even in the [b]TRUCK[/B] class!
I didn't see one chevy doing anything today but driving along the interstate.
View Quote

What did it set you back and where can I take a test drive?
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 5:03:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Bukshot- V-10 Powerstroke? 1500 Dodge diesel?
No offense, but the Powerstroke is a V-8, and Dodge only puts the diesel in the 2500s and 3500s, not 1500s.
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 5:14:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 5:22:10 AM EDT
[#26]
You tough guys kill me...
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 5:40:34 AM EDT
[#27]
bukshot and Code39, comparing apples to oranges.  Genius.

Link Posted: 12/6/2002 5:41:06 AM EDT
[#28]
In all honesty, the Tundra isn't supposed to be a full-size (more like 4/5 size).  I wouldn't hesitate to push a plow with it though (one just a bit smaller than the Highway Dept truck though)[:D].

My only point is that all the power in the world won't do any good if you can't/don't know how to use it and know your limitations.

Those Dakota pics are nice.  The lift and no-nonsense wheels/tires look good.
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 6:06:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 6:17:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I own a Ford F-350 powerstroke V-10,
View Quote

UH, are you sure?
Powerstrokes (diesel) are 8 bangers, I have a V10 in my Ford F-250 and it burns GAS.
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 6:20:18 AM EDT
[#31]
All I can say is wow! That Dakota is awesome! We got some snow yesterday, I didn't see anyone on the roads in any truck. Just me and the snowmobile! [8D]
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 6:20:18 AM EDT
[#32]
I have an '01 Tundra extended cab 4x4, and it's perfect for me.  It's not too big, and it's still much bigger than the mid-size pickups.  I don't find it underpowered either.  I don't tow anything heavy, and have no intentions of being the snow plow guy.  It fits my needs perfectly.  And did I mention Toyota reliability?
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 6:29:47 AM EDT
[#33]
Screw those stupid rice burners.  Sell 'em, buy American, and retrieve your pride from the Japanese businessman that is using your money to purchase concubines and opium.  Oh, and I don't give a damn if it's made in America with a foreign label on it, the money is still going to corporate Japan.  No hard feelings here, it just saddens me to see good people (gun owners)do stupid things. Clearly this is my opinion and I can just shove it.  J
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 6:30:45 AM EDT
[#34]
I've got a 1976 Jeep 3/4 Ton, CJ20,  350 Chevy Eng.
400 auto trans. now This is a truck.
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 6:43:19 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Oh, and I don't give a damn if it's made in America with a foreign label on it, the money is still going to corporate Japan.
View Quote

Whose money goes in the American workers' pockets?  I'd bet all those factory workers would be really pleased if their bosses had your attitude.

As for you Code39:

My 16 year old cousin makes $25 a driveway with a shovel and some elbow grease...you sir, are a pussy for using a truck!

Wow, lookie here airybodie I can pusch snew arowd with my truk...

It takes a lot of skill to lay down $30K for a truck and a plow and go push the snow around for somebody who could care less what some redneck will do for money. [rolleyes]  
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 6:46:52 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Bukshot- V-10 Powerstroke? 1500 Dodge diesel?
No offense, but the Powerstroke is a V-8, and Dodge only puts the diesel in the 2500s and 3500s, not 1500s.
View Quote
 I hope buckshot was being sarcastic, because if he's not his head is up his ass today because I was thinking the same thing.  The V-10 is gas and no 1500 dodge is diesel.
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 7:37:38 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Brag...brag...brag! It wasn't voted [b] LARGEST [/b] by [b] Penis Mag! [/b]
And certainly NOT "penis of the year!"
View Quote

Uhhhh...you read magazines that vote on penises?

[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 7:43:13 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Screw those stupid rice burners.  Sell 'em, buy American, and retrieve your pride from the Japanese businessman that is using your money to purchase concubines and opium.  Oh, and I don't give a damn if it's made in America with a foreign label on it, the money is still going to corporate Japan.  No hard feelings here, it just saddens me to see good people (gun owners)do stupid things. Clearly this is my opinion and I can just shove it.  J
View Quote

I love this idea.  My Chevy I had had a lot of parts stamped "Made in Canada."  My Tundra was made in Indiana.

Of course Canadians look like us, even though they talk funny too, eh?
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 7:47:10 AM EDT
[#39]
Can I be the Plow King (Homer Simpson) with this?  

[img]http://users.pld.com/cmai/ROTARY1.JPG[/img]
(when was the last time your truck shot snow over a [b]telephone pole[/b]???)
[img]http://users.pld.com/cmai/ROTARY2.JPG[/img]
[img]http://users.pld.com/cmai/ROTARY3.JPG[/img]
[img]http://users.pld.com/cmai/ROTARY6.JPG[/img]

Scott
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 7:48:50 AM EDT
[#40]
I know, I know.....let's have a geography contest.

[bounce]
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 7:53:59 AM EDT
[#41]
I'm happy you're proud of your truck. Just as so many others are proud of their trucks.  Just because you replaced the haybale and dog in the bed with some snow doesnt make you special.  Ohh and by the way, thats not snow!  Just a few flurries! [:)]
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 8:13:52 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I know, I know.....let's have a geography contest.

[bounce]
View Quote

We have to do something...I feel so inadequate and un-manly.  No snow to push in Arizona.  I dont even have a big heavy manly load of rocks to carry around.  
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 8:22:36 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 8:46:43 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
MY "88 4cyl Ford ranger will kick all your asses!

It's smart enough to not get on the road when it snows!

mike
View Quote

[IMG]http://www.autoklubpolskichicago.org/WRC/Untitled-7Subaru.jpg[/IMG]

As long as the accumulation is less than say 12 inches all your asses are belonging to me.[smash]

This is NOT me, but it could be!  They have the base color right....I just don't have any stickers.

(Or a 400hp engine, but still would whip some ass in the snow, gravel, dirt, pavement, or other media [;D])
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 6:11:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 7:14:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
My truck works just fine for me, though it's gonna be a LOT better with new tires!

[url]photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=1042[/url]

-Troy
View Quote

bbbbut can you make MONEY hauling logs and trailers, and plowing snow?!!? Huh? Can you? Money? MONEY? [b]CAN YOU MAKE MONEY WITH THAT TRUCK?[/B] GALHG;ALSKJGA;LJFG CHEVY CHEVY CHEVY CHEVY CHEVY CHEVY CHEVY!!!!!!! SONOVABITCHIN CHEVY IS GOD!!![rolleyes]
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 8:57:15 PM EDT
[#47]
You guys are nuts.

You're showing signs of pride over a stupid factory made MACHINE that is only connected to you because you BOUGHT IT.  And you bought the one that you liked best at the price.

Get over yourselves.  Owning a given truck doesn't make you tough or cool, but bragging about it and putting other trucks (or any general type of vehicle) down (and their owners) DOES make you an asshole.

You are not defined by the products you buy.

You are not a better man because you bought a vehicle that is well regarded.

Get over yourself.

IBTL.

CJ

Link Posted: 12/6/2002 9:19:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Code39, good thing you got your Chevy when you did, as I understand the new facelift is plug ugly on the Chevys.  And I thought they were the best looking trucks in the last few years.  Can't figure out why they ruin a good thing?!?

Let's face it, it's been a longstanding [i]political[/i] decision for Japanese truck makers to stay out of the full-size truck market in the USA.  There's no doubt that Japan could easily come up with a perfect match to large Ford, Dodge and GM trucks, with large displacement V8s to match, and I'm suprised they haven't revised their thinking yet.  This is one of the most lucrative markets in vehicles and it must be rough on the Japanese to sit on the sidelines.
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 9:24:20 PM EDT
[#49]
"This is one of the most lucrative markets in vehicles and it must be rough on the Japanese to sit on the sidelines."

Poor little guys[:(]
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 9:28:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Harley Davidson sucks ass! Give me a Honda any day!

...wait, is this the right thread?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top