Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/5/2002 12:14:51 PM EDT
Once again I find myself coming to the "Well Of Knowledge". My son is going to work for a trucking company that uses GPS on their trucks. His will be an administrative job. So I thought a leg up for him would be a basic book on GPS. I thought something with the working theory in layman's language might be good, but I'm open to suggestions. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 12:47:08 PM EDT
BTT
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 4:44:39 PM EDT
Any reccomendations on a book, please? and thank you.
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 4:56:33 PM EDT
[url]www.gps-bigbook.com/gpsbigbook/toc.htm[/url] I have no idea if this is what you're looking for but just do a search at Amazon and you'll get more. I googled this. Hey, it's BIG.!!
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 5:33:30 PM EDT
The absolute best book I've found is [i]GPS Land Navigation: A Complete Guidebook for Backcountry Users of the NAVSTAR Satellite System[/i] by Michael Ferguson, Randy Kalisek, Leah Tucker. I'm actually reading it right now and it is by far and away the greatest navigation book I've read (and I've read a few). It was written a few years ago, so a small amount of the info is out of date; like the fact that selective availability has been turned off and that there has been a large improvement in the available equipment since it was written. But it will teach you everything you ever wanted to know about how to navigate with a GPS receiver.
Top Top