Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/5/2002 7:38:22 AM EDT
just got my power back on. there was nothing wrong with the lines they just wouldnt turn it back on until all the pine trees near the lines were trimmed. there's not even any ice left it all melted yesterday, bastards! it got down to 50 degrees in my house. i almost fired up my turkey fryer to keep us warm.
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 8:21:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Did you get to use up any leftover Y2K stuffs?

Last week the power in my city went out for 3 hrs. I had neighbors nearly rioting coming to my door asking if I had any batteries or flashlights.They were having trouble navigating in the dark.

I had thought TSHTF.Imagine if a real disaster hit? oy vey!
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 8:42:18 AM EDT
[#2]
i just burnt up candles and batteries,and hamburger helper is not very easy to cook while holding a flashlight. i feel for those poor bastards up in the bucket trucks trimming limbs. that job sucks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top