Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/3/2002 3:46:03 PM EDT
i just picked up a pair of eye glasses and i think they they screwed up the prescription.

the right lens is fine amd in focus but the left lens is only in focus when the glasses are positioned out further on my nose than what i think should be normal.  i was given the line about my contacts affecting my prescription and i should take them home and wear them a while.  i want to call BS on TSO but i need to know if the left lenses prescription is to strong or two week for my eye.  
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 4:01:48 PM EDT
[#1]
When i first got my glasses  6months ago, I noticed the same problem. but my eyes got used to it real fast. Bow I don't even notice it. I guess it would have been smart to call my Doc, maybe you should do it too just to be sure, let me know what he/she says.
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 5:15:24 PM EDT
[#2]
You should take them back or get another opinion. Maybe it's not normal or healthy for your eye to get used to it.
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 5:55:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Depending on the style of glasses, and how the lens was put in, it could be just the focal point is wrong,and you have to pull away to see. Go to a different TSO, I think there are more than one here, and have them check where your eyes focus, as well as the prescription in the lens.
When I got smaller frame glasses, that screwed me up for a while and kept giving me headaches till I had them adjusted again to put the focal point back where I look.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top