User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/3/2002 7:19:03 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 7:22:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Remotely set off the prepared flash-bangs
Release the Hounds (yes, capital H)

Wait

Rifle through remains, take money off the exBGs, add guns to collection, pat doggies, feed the hogs.
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 7:23:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd go with A.  Odds are, that should convince them to go elsewhere.  If it doesnt, go to plan B.
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 7:25:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Remotely set off the prepared flash-bangs
Release the Hounds (yes, capital H)

Wait

Rifle through remains, take money off the exBGs, add guns to collection, pat doggies, feed the hogs.
View Quote

i like

Link Posted: 12/3/2002 7:26:34 AM EDT
[#4]
You are outnumbered, the element of surprise and the fact that you know the layout are your only advantages. Use them to the best of your ability.

I pick [b]B[/b].
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 7:29:15 AM EDT
[#5]
B while Wife simultaneously does C/gets kids on the floor behind cover...and she ain't no lib/anti.
[:)]

Scott
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 7:29:25 AM EDT
[#6]
I would play the A-Team opening theme real loud. I love it when a plan comes together.
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 7:30:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Use the Poll Luke.
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 7:31:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Also go with B....I have a 3 story townhouse and my bedroom door is closed when in bed.  The steps leading up land right in front of my door to my bedroom.

It opens?  Bang, Bang.....move -- wait....they want more or will they run?  My guess is run....

Ed
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 7:31:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Intruders?...What intruders?!!!

No bodies...No crime!

I would go with A!

There is no better crime deterrant than "Rackin' the slide of a pump shotgun"!!

Heck rack it as many times as neccesary!...Like they do in the movies![%|] Only applies to liberals and anti-gunners![BD]

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 7:32:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Use the Poll Luke.
View Quote

Glad I re-read that....thought you were advocating homesexual activity.

Use the "pole" Luke. [;D]

Ed

Link Posted: 12/3/2002 7:32:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 7:40:37 AM EDT
[#12]
What a coincidence, I keep an 870 by the bed and one in the kitchen  (opposing ends of the house)

Gotta go with A.  But I'd like to say, racking the gun to scare is not my intent.  Racking the gun to blow their head off is.  They came in,  they won't have time to get scared off....
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 7:41:35 AM EDT
[#13]
"."
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 7:55:39 AM EDT
[#14]
....meanwhile, back at reality...
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 7:55:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Assuming that I don't live alone and am in bed:
1. Retrieve and load defensive firearm.
2. Retrieve wife/children.
3. Turn on lights in bedroom.
4. Take defensive position.
5. Dial 911 and stay in constant contact.
6. Defend the family.

Anyone who enters the room will have a momentary blindness moving from the dark house to the bright light. This gives the defender the advantage in both response time and target identification. Also, anyone entering the room would be considered the aggressor.
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 7:56:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 7:59:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Tell them I'm gonna kill them first! If they don't leave I'll kill them, but I hate to clean up all the brain and blood matter on my carpet and walls. It would kinda ruin the atmosphere of the house for the wife after I got thru with the intruders. As far as the secruity equipment is concerned the cameras and motion sensors just tell me who and where the victims are for the carnage to come.
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 8:07:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I don't know about anyone else, but there is nothing in my house, save a family member, worth getting killed for.
View Quote
That's a valid position.  But if you believe that you are also responsible in some way to your society, stopping the perpetrators so that they cannot prey on others [i]may be[/i] worth the risk.  It's a decision only you can make for yourself at the time.  It's not just about your property being "worth your life," it's about doing the right thing even at the risk of it.
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 8:25:48 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm sorry, but [b]Kar98[/b], has already posted the correct response.

You do simply do not want to ever meet the dead BG's friends and relatives, either in a Court of Law or in a dark alley.

So avoid the pitfalls and let the hogs handle the trash.

Eric The(OfCourse,MyAdviceVoidWhereProhibitedByLaw)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 8:30:06 AM EDT
[#20]
B...why let them get away and do the same thing to someone else...It will be known that this gunowner is not to be messed with.
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 8:35:20 AM EDT
[#21]
I would simply push the magic button on the side of my AR
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 8:38:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 8:43:19 AM EDT
[#23]
"break into your house at night..."

Warning?  Why a warning?  Don't y'all think that the existence of the damn front door is ample "warning" enough for them to [b]not[/b] enter your house.

Straight to Plan B.  

Anything eles is fooish.

CMOS
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 9:26:57 AM EDT
[#24]
No bodies, no crime.
 Seriously, one of the Mennonite families here was invaded by two slimeballs from a homeless shelter.  The Mennonites had two young daughters.  No more need be said.  Kar98 has the plan.  Ops
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 9:55:18 AM EDT
[#25]
[b]Quoted:
I don't know about anyone else, but there is nothing in my house, save a family member, worth getting killed for.[/b]

You give up a little portion of you life for everything in your home, a little sweat and blood everyday you go to work to collect that pay check. So you are slowly dying for it anyway.

So the BG thinks his life is worth my things? Well I opt for B.
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 10:08:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Security measures would have alerted me and my family members that intruders were present.
At such time, all gather in the "safe room", and take cover.
Of course, by that time, a cell phone call to the police has gone out, and a family member is in constant contact.
If the intruders should reach the door to the safe room (NOT easily kicked in), an announcement is made that whoever enters will be shot, and the police have been called and are expected momentarily (true).
At that point, their actions determine what response, if any, is made.
Assuming the intruders flee, next thing is to await the police, and for them to clear the house (They're the experts--YOUR job is to protect your family, which you cannot do effectively while clearing the house).
Since cell phone contact is ongoing, the responding police are apprised of your being armed, and "holed-up".  Only after an official police ID is slid under the door and examined, are weapons set on-safe, and the door unlocked.

I don't know about anyone else, but there is nothing in my house, save a family member, worth getting killed for.
View Quote

Very well said.
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 10:10:09 AM EDT
[#27]
There have been several home invasion robberies in AZ during this year where the home owner has resisted with deadly force. In all but one case the home owner died as a result taking one or more of the bad guys with them. They should have shot without warning and lived so I would pick the shotgun and B.

Though I would be more likely to pick up my .45 camp carbine for 15rds of 165gr at 1,500fps since I don’t own a shotgun other than my kids single shot.

THISISME
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 10:30:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 10:35:41 AM EDT
[#29]
[b]B[/b]

Not all scenarios allow enough time to rack the shotgun, so always keep it loaded.  If you want to warn them, go verbal as already mentioned.
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 10:52:09 AM EDT
[#30]
Well, I'm probably going to get flamed, but I just can't resist.
raf had the correct answer.  All this talk about blowing the bad guys away is fine....if you are ready to spend your retirement fund on lawyers.  Would I shoot a home intruder if my life was threatened?  You bet.  But first I would try everything else including calling the police, hollering a warning, etc.
I don't want to shoot anybody I don't absolutely have too.  If they will leave, it solves my problem.   And I don't have to hire an evil lawyer.  If you don't think a shooting will involve lawyers, you are dreaming.
I used to be a policeman (in the good old days) and we wouldn't arrest someone for shooting a burglar.  But my current LEO friends tell me that nowadays, if you shoot a bad guy, they will pat you on the back, say "Good job!", and then they will have to arrest you.  They have no choice.
Don't be too anxious to open fire unless absolutely necessary.  If you do, the nightmare is only just started.

Link Posted: 12/3/2002 11:01:56 AM EDT
[#31]
If there are armed guys in my house there to do my family harm:

If I really really really have the drop on them, they might get a "drop your weapon" out of me.

Otherwise, I'm shooting from cover. Being outnumbered puts things decidedly out of my favor and PA state law says I don't have to retreat or give warning in my own home.
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 11:05:35 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 11:23:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Me: snoring

Wife:  John wake up ! Do you hear that ?

Me:  What what uh ?

Wife:  I hear something or someone

Me in a loud yell: Hey motherfuckers I got 3 rottwiellers and shotgun, the cops are on the way ! Now get the hell out or your dead.[;D]

Wife: We dont have any more dogs remember ?

Me: They don't know that

2 minutes later wife makes sweep of house while I cover her from the bed because she [b]hasn't[/b] heard any more noise.

she is a delight and wouldn't trade her for the world [:D]
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 11:31:06 AM EDT
[#34]
Because the missus and I are raising little ones again (out grandkids), I can't keep the Mossberg M590A loaded and in arms reach as I would otherwise.  Instead, I keep my P-99 and my Sig P-230 with hot hollow points in the pipe and at the ready, along with a little Scorpion light.

Intruders in the home are putting their lives at risk.  While I would NOT shoot to simply protect property, (No engaging a teenager in the back while he is boosting the TV), a surprise nighttime hot burglary/home invasion break-in means all-out war to me.  I answer the door at very odd hours with a pistol in my hand too.

Momma and I have actually discussed this.  I would engage the perps as necessary and she would dial 9-1-1 and yell for help.  Since the sheriff is probably several minutes away and they only really clean up the mess and try to capture the perps anyway...it is up to me to defend us.  I will not hesitate to shoot if I think we or the babies are in danger.

Gee...I wonder if the insurance company would pay for the carpet replacement?  That much blood is going to be a bitch to clean up.
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 11:33:30 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 11:48:30 AM EDT
[#36]
[b]D[/b] Intruder never makes it into house because E, F, and G greet him at point of entry.

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=478[/img]

Wake up next morning toss shoes, flashlight, and shredded bits of clothing into trash.  
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 12:31:14 PM EDT
[#37]
A and B

If someone is in my house, and I see them before they see me, they will die.

I think I would rack the slide right before I shot them, so there will be that...
"Oh Shi---BLAM!!"

But there would have been one in the chamber the whole time.
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 12:41:25 PM EDT
[#38]
If intruders are in my house and I fear for the lives of my family, the first noise the intruders would hear would be the sound of one of them dying by the .45, 9mm, or AR.

I would give NO WARNING WHATSOEVER except the sound of the safety clicking off, and I'd take that off as quietly as possible.

[b][red]TO WARN THEM IS TO GIVE THEM THE OPPORTUNITY TO PREPARE TO ATTACK ME.  THIS MUST BE AVOIDED AT ALL COSTS.[/red][/b]

Their first indication of trouble would be to discover that three intruders are suddenly down to two...make that one...oops...all out of intruders!

If there were just ONE intruder, and I was sure of that, I might give warning.  But multiples?  I won't take the chance of them having a chance of working together to get me.

As there would be no surviving intruders, there would be no conflicting stories.

At least one of the intruders would certainly be armed when the police arrived, and tests of that weapon would not suggest that it was anything but the dead intruder's own weapon.

Oh yes, it'd be a "clean" shooting.  Be very sure of that.

CJ

Link Posted: 12/3/2002 1:02:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 1:40:24 PM EDT
[#40]
In any scenario where armed people who mean you harm are in your house the correct handling is to fire without warning with whatever you have, preferably a shotgun. Calling the police is fine, but you most likely won't have time. Just call 911 and lay the phone down. Never tell someone to "Drop a gun". Police do this because they have a duty to arrest. You don't. Police won't tell you to drop a gun unless you seem like you won't fire and they have cover. Catch a cop in the open and threaten him with a gun and you will see a cop shoot you as fast as he can. If you engage some armed intruder in conversation about dropping guns, you have just shown him you don't want to shoot. His response will be to shoot. If someone is in your home, you would be well advised to shoot him without warning and shoot him now. In Tn the law is mere presence is enough to justify use of deadly force. Not present and armed. Not present and threatening deadly force. The law assumes anyone who enters your home illegally means you harm. This came about in 1989 when an old man in Memphis was holding a burglar at gunpoint and on the phone with police. In the meantime, the burglar jumped the old man, took his gun, and killed him. Never mess around when it's showtime. A gun won't help you if you won't shoot it. Most likely you will not have this problem unless you sell dope, but anything can happen. Never hesitate to fire when you are justified. To ponder is to perish.  
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 2:14:54 PM EDT
[#41]
In addition, depending on state law, giving a warning implies the threat was not immediate.  Without the immediate threat, you may be held liable for unjustifiable homicide instead of self-defense.

1.  Call 911 if the perp is not right on top of you and lay the phone down, still connected so thre is a record on the tape..  

2.  If in your bedroom, stay there.  If the perp comes into the bedroom, drop him/them.  And make sure they can't tell any clever tales.
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 2:20:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Old_Painless, In the last few years I have heard of at least a dozen cases where a home owner shot bad guys in their homes and when asked the officers have always said they don’t anticipate any charges against the home owner. These where burglaries gone wrong where the person killed had no gun and expected no one to be home.

Of course there was a case where a man walked two kids that threw rock at his mobile home down the street at gun point to the 7-11 to call the police and shot one while he ran away. He is in big trouble.

There was also a guy last year who shot and killed one bad guy in his house and wounded another then proceeded to chase him over seven or eight blocks and shot a few more times till he died. He was not charged for killing one bad wounding the other in his house. He did get charged for his actions though from the point he left his property.

If your state laws are written right your life won’t be ruined after you have protected it. That is so long as you don’t chase them across the city and kill them while they beg you for mercy. Such things are simply not tolerated.

THISISME
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 3:16:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 3:30:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
c.  Dial 911 (apply for liberals/anti-gunners only)
View Quote

Whoa! Many brave patriots here use the Imbroglio defense, I'm sure. [;)]
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 3:39:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 4:00:59 PM EDT
[#46]
B

Immediately kill all intruders without hesitation.

They have no business in your home.
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 6:36:56 PM EDT
[#47]
D) Non of the above

Because here in the PRK for:

A) If you rack the the slide you will be arrested for assault with a deadly weapon, the BG will sue you for duress and get awarded punitive damages by a ultra liberal jury that was convinced by an attorney for the BG that the sound of you racking a shotgun was really you racking the cocking handle on a Ma Deuce you bought illegally at a gun show.

B) Here in the PRK we can't shoot BG's. They have rights you know. You as a home owner have non because owning a home means you are of the "Priviledged Class" and have a societal obligation to give your hard earned money away to the "oppressed and down trodden".

C) The 911 system is so overloaded by soccer moms who have 911 programmed on a button of their cell phone and it keeps getting pushed when it's buried in their designer 20 gal shoulder bag that [b]IF[/b] anyone ever answers you will be put on hold so they can put the 500 people on hold who called for directions and then it will take 20 minutes of trying to convince the 911 operator that you really do have an emergency and then another 45 minutes before anyone shows up at your house to take a report by which time you are either dead, or late for work because by now it's 7 am.

[:D] Just in case anyone [i]really[/i] thinks I'm serious.
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 6:40:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 6:43:49 PM EDT
[#49]
set off the claymores
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 8:25:03 PM EDT
[#50]
1. Quietly don slippers and underpants (either order).
2. Sneak quietly over to gun lock box.
3. Discreetely turn on flashlight.
4. Solve combination lock on gun lock box.
5. Rifle through dresser drawer for trigger lock key.
6. Unlock and remove trigger lock.
7. Load two "safety" bullets in low-capacity magazine.
8. Bear crawl to bedroom door and down hallway.
9. Observe bad guy.
10. Announce stern request for BG to leave premises.
11. Rack the slide and repeat request, this time emphasizing "please".
12. Violently click off the safety and fire a single warning shot into air.
13. As BG sprints toward you, fire the remaining bullet, smartly dislodging the gun from his grasp.
14. BG quickly leaves in amazement.

[beer]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top