Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/1/2002 7:20:45 PM EDT
Today I went into the woods with a fellow AR15.com member and moderator(compition forum); PTHFNDR. PTHFNDR and I have gone shooting many times over the last 3 years and I consider him a good friend. But what he did today maybe be trhe end of our friendship! We were on our way to our shooting spot, when all of a sudden a squirrel darts out in front of the vehicle! What does PTHFNDR do?? Pull out an AR15 and take aim?? no! Speed up? no! Slap some Tannerite on the forest rat? no! [b]HE SWERVED!!![/b] That's right!! [b]SWERVED!![/b] Then he comented on how happy he was that the poor little guy was okay!! WTF??? I can only assume that PTHFNDR is truly a closet liberal that is secretly tring to convert me to the Dark Side! So now I need new shooting buddy.[;)] However, we still had a good day shooting. I practiced firing drills involving mags change drills and shootinmg at various unknown ranges. Being somewhat handicapped(back) the mag changes were rather slow, but at least I now know what my current capablities are. With practice I will improve but am quite slow for now. All in all a good day.......except that damn squirrel is still out there somewhere......mocking me.[sniper] Sgtar15
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 7:23:53 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 7:40:43 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DoubleFeed: I thought you only gunned for cats.
View Quote
There is little difference between a cat and a squirrel
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 7:43:43 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 7:48:54 PM EDT
So a squirrel made it to see another day.... doesn't mean the little bugger's worries are over. After all, I'm still on the prowl.
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 7:49:00 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DoubleFeed: Tails are fluffier and the heads are smaller.
View Quote
But thats about it.
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 7:52:38 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 8:01:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/1/2002 8:03:54 PM EDT by Sweep]
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 8:09:50 PM EDT
Unless you hit em just right, there isi'nt enough of a squirrel left to eat.. Cats, well a head shot leaves a lot of edible meat intact.. Meplat-
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 8:56:48 PM EDT
LIES, ALL LIES!!!! I AM NOT A LIBERAL! I did NOT swerve. I [i]gently[/i] and very briefly tapped the brakes. No on coming traffic, on a straight section of dry road that I know very well, with no one behind me. Heck, I had to give it a sporting chance. It's not like it stopped in the middle of the road and thumbed it's nose at me. Oh, and sgtar15 is a wussy. He wouldn't even fire my .50 BMG rifle today after I went to the trouble to add an extra inch of padding to the recoil pad!
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 9:02:52 PM EDT
Oh, and sgtar15 is a wussy. He wouldn't even fire my .50 BMG rifle today after I went to the trouble to add an extra inch of padding to the recoil pad![/quote] Is this true sgtar15? Sounds like grounds for a possible banning...
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 9:14:26 PM EDT
I like squirrels. If Pthfndr was able to avoid hitting one without creating a dangerous situation, then good for him. USPC40 [img]photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=476[/img] [url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url] [url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url] [img]photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=469[/img]
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 9:16:56 PM EDT
I also would swerve to miss any animal, regardless if they are small and would cause no damage. Who are we to play god [;)]? I really get pissed when I hear of a fellow teenager purposely hitting animals for no reason.
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 9:17:28 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Pthfndr: Oh, and sgtar15 is a wussy. He wouldn't even fire my .50 BMG rifle today after I went to the trouble to add an extra inch of padding to the recoil pad!
View Quote
Is this true sgtar15? Sounds like grounds for a possible banning...
View Quote
Well, technically yes.....but PTHFNDR's "extra inch" just wasn't enough padding for me.[;D] Sgtar15
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 9:18:23 PM EDT
AHHHHHHHHHHHH I JUST WASTED MY 100th POST! [>(]
Top Top