Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 10:34:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If a thousand gun owners can each spend 2 minutes and it causes one of their managers a little stress, I'll take it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Toby is a arrogant douche, sending them a message won't do shit.

If a thousand gun owners can each spend 2 minutes and it causes one of their managers a little stress, I'll take it.

Get after it all you want.   If you ever meet him you'll see what I mean though.
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 10:35:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

In Virginia this is up to the property owners; some do, some don't. Most don't post signs, regardless of their policies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is this PR supposed to make me like the guy? He held a gun...yay. Others have posted that he's a big Obama supporter and a Democrat, he wouldn't be the first one that visited troops.

Have you been in one of the locations on a Friday or Saturday evening?

No. I had never heard of the restaurant prior to it coming here, and it hasn't opened yet.

Do the bars near you allow normally weapons inside?

In Virginia this is up to the property owners; some do, some don't. Most don't post signs, regardless of their policies.

I have one 10 minutes from me. Regardless of the kitschy applebees environment for lunch, it turns into a rowdy line dance bar weeknights and weekends. It's a bar. It has all the symptoms of a BAR. We don't need to "fuck toby keith sideways with a cactus" because a company that licensed his name doesn't want weapons in a place that is a full fledged BAR weeknights and weekends.

Link Posted: 12/17/2013 10:35:33 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is this PR supposed to make me like the guy? He held a gun...yay. Others have posted that he's a big Obama supporter and a Democrat, he wouldn't be the first one that visited troops.

Have you been in one of the locations on a Friday or Saturday evening?

No. I had never heard of the restaurant prior to it coming here, and it hasn't opened yet.

I was at one in West Virginia where I was once loaned a pistol so I could shoot it into the ceiling, like everyone else.  That was a great road trip.

Link Posted: 12/17/2013 10:35:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Fuck him and his garbage music
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 10:36:08 AM EDT
[#5]
I've always thought Toby Keith was a buffoon.
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 10:36:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I really like Toby Keith, hes a great artist and an avid supporter of America and our military. Hell this year he finished his 11th USO tour this year.. Hes been to both Iraq and Afghanistan a few times to perform for troops, if the guy wants to open a bar and request you don't bring in your conceal weapons, I would respect his request. The last thing you can call this guy is anti-american

View Quote

I would venture to guess Toby is locked into a contract for displaying his name on the bar and probably disagrees with the policy. It would be great to hear him come out and say so; perhaps he will if enough people pay attention. Several here have said that he's a big Obama supporter and Democrat which I thought was interesting too. I wonder if that's true.
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 10:39:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I have one 10 minutes from me. Regardless of the kitschy applebees environment for lunch, it turns into a rowdy line dance bar weeknights and weekends. It's a bar. It has all the symptoms of a BAR. We don't need to "fuck toby keith sideways with a cactus" because a company that licensed his name doesn't want weapons in a place that is a full fledged BAR weeknights and weekends.

View Quote

In Virginia, you're allowed to carry in bars. Crimes occur in bars. Bars get robbed. Mass shootings have occurred in restaurants. I prefer to take the risks that go along with freedom, rather than hand holding from "window dressing" security policies. JMHO.
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 10:39:34 AM EDT
[#8]
I'll make sure to bomb those links with comments.
And spread the word around here as well.

He can take his shitty food and shove it up his fake country ass.
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 10:41:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'll make sure to bomb those links with comments.
And spread the word around here as well.

He can take his shitty food and shove it up his fake country ass.
View Quote

Like and share this page too:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Boycott-Toby-Keith/580592718692650
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 10:49:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Have one here in NN...almost literally across the street from my office.

The food sucks.

Waitresses are hot, though.
View Quote

I'm in hampton. I had no idea there was one there. Well I know not to go now.
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 10:52:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

In Virginia, you're allowed to carry in bars. Crimes occur in bars. Bars get robbed. Mass shootings have occurred in restaurants. I prefer to take the risks that go along with freedom, rather than hand holding from "window dressing" security policies. JMHO.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

hmm.

Prohibited Conduct and Where Unlawful to Carry - Section 18.2-308.012

Any person permitted to carry a concealed handgun who is under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs while carrying such handgun in a public place is guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor. Conviction of any of the following offenses shall be prima facie evidence, subject to rebuttal, that the person is "under the influence" for purposes of this section: manslaughter in violation of Section 18.2-36.1, maiming in violation of Section 18.2-51.4, driving while intoxicated in violation of Section 18.2-266, public intoxication in violation of Section 18.2-388, or driving while intoxicated in violation of Section 46.2-341.24.

No person who carries a concealed handgun onto the premises of any restaurant or club as defined in Section 4.1-100 for which a license to sell and serve alcoholic beverages for on-premises consumption has been granted by the Virginia Alcoholic Beverage Control Board under Title 4.1 of the Code of Virginia; may consume an alcoholic beverage while on the premises. A person who carries a concealed handgun onto the premises of such a restaurant or club and consumes alcoholic beverages is guilty of a Class 2 misdemeanor. However, nothing in this subsection shall apply to a federal, state, or local law-enforcement officer.

Section 18.2-308.01: Private property when prohibited by the owner of the property, or where posted as prohibited.
http://www.vsp.state.va.us/Firearms_ResidentConcealed.shtm#WhereUnlawfultoCarry

Link Posted: 12/17/2013 10:54:03 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

food sucked ass at the one in Syracuse, NY anyways.  

View Quote

I think that's the "theme" of all "theme" restaurants.

Link Posted: 12/17/2013 10:58:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

hmm.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

hmm.

Any person permitted to carry a concealed handgun who is under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs while carrying such handgun in a public place is guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor. Conviction of any of the following offenses shall be prima facie evidence, subject to rebuttal, that the person is "under the influence" for purposes of this section: manslaughter in violation of Section 18.2-36.1, maiming in violation of Section 18.2-51.4, driving while intoxicated in violation of Section 18.2-266, public intoxication in violation of Section 18.2-388, or driving while intoxicated in violation of Section 46.2-341.24.

No person who carries a concealed handgun onto the premises of any restaurant or club as defined in Section 4.1-100 for which a license to sell and serve alcoholic beverages for on-premises consumption has been granted by the Virginia Alcoholic Beverage Control Board under Title 4.1 of the Code of Virginia; may consume an alcoholic beverage while on the premises. A person who carries a concealed handgun onto the premises of such a restaurant or club and consumes alcoholic beverages is guilty of a Class 2 misdemeanor. However, nothing in this subsection shall apply to a federal, state, or local law-enforcement officer.

Section 18.2-308.01: Private property when prohibited by the owner of the property, or where posted as prohibited.

Hmm...looks like the VSP needs to update their website; that would appear to be the older code. Law was changed in 2010:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/virginiapolitics/2010/03/va_general_assembly_approves_b.html
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 11:30:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Well that was easy to confirm...he says he's a Democrat.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/08/19/toby-keith-praises-obama_n_119930.html
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 11:35:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We also don't have "bars".

We have restaurants that can serve alcohol.
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 11:40:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 11:44:33 AM EDT
[#17]
View All Quotes

The article describes him as a Democrat...who broke ranks to support Perry. Poor guy seems as confused as Bloomberg.
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 11:44:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Guy's a fag like most of those country pop star twinks.  I'd rather go to Tilted Kilt where I can pack heat and get an eyeful of barely covered up tits.
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 11:45:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know all too well and have some experience with the ABC. My family owns three restaurants in Virginia. Note that Toby Keith's place has "Bar" right in the name too.
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 11:48:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Get after it all you want.   If you ever meet him you'll see what I mean though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Toby is a arrogant douche, sending them a message won't do shit.

My wife was given a pass to meet him while he and his band took a break in the middle of a concert he had here in Boise (February 2003).  She said he was very tall, and very personable.  

FWIW.

First concert I ever attended, and his expressed disdain for the Dixie Chicks and Tom Brokaw met with cheers of approval.

From what I've read, he isn't "anti-gun".  Then again, he comes from a family of dimocRats, so who knows?
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 11:52:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Fuck Toby Keith with a cactus.
View Quote

lol!

I concur...
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 12:04:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
concealed = concealed
View Quote

Which is fine in some states...if you get made, all they can do is ask you to leave, then call the cops to have you arrested for trespass if you refuse to leave. Other states it can be a misdemeanor if they discover that you are carrying where it is posted "no guns" in accordance with the local laws. While concealed means concealed, there is always that off chance that your shirt gets snagged, you inadvertently print, your gun falls out of the holster, etc, etc.
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 12:07:03 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Fuck Toby he has a girls name
View Quote

Toby Wong?
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 12:07:12 PM EDT
[#24]
His property, his choice. I will not spend money there.

ETA:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck Toby he has a girls name
View Quote

Toby Wong?
View Quote

Fucking charlie chan.
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 12:11:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Toby Keith is a piece of shit for far more reasons than this story
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 12:17:16 PM EDT
[#26]
I remember when Woodbidge was country, it ain't no more.

He'll do just fine without us
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 12:20:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I remember when Woodbidge was country, it ain't no more.

He'll do just fine without us
View Quote

Me too...I remember when Dale Blvd ended at trees, and the airport was still operational on Old Bridge Rd.
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 12:20:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 12:25:18 PM EDT
[#29]
He must be smoking weed with Willie again................
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 12:25:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Which kind?  There are several varieties.

May I suggest the Chaparral Cactus and get larger.
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 12:29:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Hmm...looks like the VSP needs to update their website; that would appear to be the older code. Law was changed in 2010:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/virginiapolitics/2010/03/va_general_assembly_approves_b.html
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

hmm.

The VSP site has the correct info as does the paragraph above.  You just can't drink in the bar while carrying.
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 12:30:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good idea.
What kind of hypocritical bulldozer bullshit is this
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 12:37:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
this is what i posted on their FB page:

I heard about your "No guns permitted" sign. Will you also be forbidding other rights guaranteed by the constitution? perhaps pray before the meal? what about free speech in general?
View Quote

FYI, those rights don't guarantee your practice of them on other people's property.

They COULD put a sign up there that said "no praying. no talking."   And if you chose to go eat there, your rights would not be infringed upon.

That said, I had no idea Toby Queef was opening a restaurant.   So, enthusiasm to eat there is still pegged at about negative 2% with 2% margin of error.
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 12:37:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ahh, right, I missed the whole "may consume an alcoholic beverage while on the premises" part. Thank you.
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 12:45:40 PM EDT
[#35]
A franchise in NOVA with a demtard owner. Toby Keith is a blue dog demtard who voted for the kenyan, supports Al Gore and Hill Clinton. They never heard of Luby's Cafeteria and Suzanna Hupp. FTK

Guns save lives
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 12:50:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Ahh, right, I missed the whole "may consume an alcoholic beverage while on the premises" part. Thank you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not a problem , I only knew because I had called VSP two days ago with a different CC question.
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 12:50:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Admittedly having 2nd row seats to his shows on 9/11 anniversaries on separate anniversaries, it was a decent patriotic show. A few years gone by, finding out his political stance, and hearing from friends who have met him, he's a cock sucking douche that can eat a bag of dicks. My money is better spent on flaming uggs if I were to ever support him again
View Quote

He is a fucking phony who has cashed in on being "patriotic". I hope he gets leprosy.
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 12:51:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

He is a fucking phony who has cashed in on being "patriotic". I hope he gets leprosy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Admittedly having 2nd row seats to his shows on 9/11 anniversaries on separate anniversaries, it was a decent patriotic show. A few years gone by, finding out his political stance, and hearing from friends who have met him, he's a cock sucking douche that can eat a bag of dicks. My money is better spent on flaming uggs if I were to ever support him again

But.... but Sean Hannity said he wuz a grate Amurican.
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 12:52:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

The one is Las Vegas  had really bad food and shitty service when we went this past summer.
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 12:55:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Oh well.  One more "artist" that I don't like and will never see or pay money for, opening a restaurant in a city I don't live in, where I'll never go for a meal.
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 1:00:47 PM EDT
[#41]
That fuckin douche pop star can stick his red solo cup straight up his ass.
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 1:01:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't care one way or another about the guy, but that's definitely a weird reaction to somebody acting within their property rights, or maybe something else is a factor like insurance or maybe he doesn't own the property and the real property owner has this policy?

I can certainly understand somebody taking their business elsewhere, but outright telling somebody to go fuck themselves over a policy at their place of business shows how toxic gun owners can be.
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 1:02:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

All of the new places that we have tried there to eat were terrible.   Not just "ok" but really bad.  

yes it was, thankfully they didn't blast his shitty version of country.     They did have an open mic night and holy shit it was bad, had one guy sing those weird lonely trucker songs, if you can call them that
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, there's one less reason to go to Syracuse.... I'm not very fond of the Douchetiny USA mall, either.

All of the new places that we have tried there to eat were terrible.   Not just "ok" but really bad.  

Quoted:
Quoted:

Was it all douchey with the over top "I'm country" shit?

yes it was, thankfully they didn't blast his shitty version of country.     They did have an open mic night and holy shit it was bad, had one guy sing those weird lonely trucker songs, if you can call them that

Did you try Gordon Biersch?  I am a big fan of the chain but the Syracuse one sucks dickholes, the beers are good but the food misses its mark compared to the other locations I have visited.
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 1:07:36 PM EDT
[#44]
He'll put a boot in yer ass, or something.

Twat making twat music, for twats.
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 1:19:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Dixie chicks did that. Not a fan of theirs either.

Edit... They did the futk thing.
View Quote

Dixie chicks who?

They shit their skillet  

You fuck with your own base its hard to stay in business
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 1:40:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup. The entire radioactive dem party and their poisonous soleft progressive shills.

You can keep your health insurance if you like your insurance. You can keep your life if you like your life. You can keep your business if you like your business. You can keep your religious belief if you like your belief. You can keep your guns if you like your guns.

Link Posted: 12/17/2013 1:49:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 1:57:14 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View Quote

My state allows carrying inside bars and even consuming alcohol up to .1 BAC - I dont, but its legal. Hardly any bars are posted. Its caused exactly zero problems that I am aware of.

Link Posted: 12/17/2013 1:58:01 PM EDT
[#49]
is he some country redneck rapper?
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 2:07:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1 my wife and I went to his restaurant in Las Vegas and all of his swag was made in China or Mexico. It really ticked us off this was around the time his made in America song came out. So we wrote him a letter saying we won't support anything to do with him if he continues crisp like that. We got a letter back from his manager apologizing saying they can't help where everything is made. So fuck him
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top