Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2002 7:11:30 PM EDT
Ever train/practice in your own house?  You know what I mean.  Walking in the dark with a firearm practicing different possible events.

What do you practice?  What types of weapons do you practice with?  Just curious...I practice with the AR15 and revolver.  I prefer the house nearly dark as I case for "tangos".  [shotgun]  I live in a 2 story townhome so it's a challenge!! [sniper]

Or am I the only one that does this?  

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 7:15:15 PM EDT
[#1]
How do you practice entering your house with a firearm drawn (ie, the come home and the door is slightly open scenario) without causing your neighbors to shit bricks? [:D]

FOTBR
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 7:16:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Or am I the only one that does this?  

Sgtar15
View Quote

No, I'm fairly sure that you're not the sole nutball on AR15.com.

Wait!  What was that sound?  Gotta go - time for a recon.  LOCK AND LOAD!
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 7:20:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Ever train/practice in your own house?  
View Quote

Only when I am home.
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 7:35:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 7:36:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 7:46:36 PM EDT
[#6]

I doubt I'd ever use an AR in a home-defense situation. I'd most likely use a shotgun.

Link Posted: 11/28/2002 7:50:17 PM EDT
[#7]
But...but...did you ever shoot at your own reflection in the mirror?. Now that's true training...
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 7:55:07 PM EDT
[#8]
I only do it on days of the week that end with the letter "Y".

Link Posted: 11/28/2002 8:06:14 PM EDT
[#9]
When I was a student at [b]M[/b]ichigan's [b]T[/b]ough [b]U[/b]niversity, we used to train (actually play "home defense") with live ammo in houses.  The rural area near the campus had its share of abandoned houses and we'd practice 'clearing' the rooms with our weapons blazing away.

The experience taught me how loud shooting indoors is and how disorienting the muzzle flash can be.  Now if I ever have to fire a weapon indoors, it won't be the first time and I won't be surprised by the effects.

I highly recommend getting some practice with live ammo in an actual house.
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 8:53:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Whats your address?

J/K...I would love to do that. Hell, Id just like to shoot various weapons and types of ammo at walls and doors to see the actual damage and penetration.
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 9:14:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Yup! If my brother is home, he gets the second rifle and we clear the house room by room. [:D]

We've got hand signals and verbal signals down too. I even taught him how to stack up on a door for "cold" clearing.

The stairs are tough, though. It's open to three sides almost all at once and covering everything in the dark is tough. I would like to hot clear the stairs and bounce a frag down the steps but... complications might arise.

The noise, I'm pretty much prepared for. I practiced rolling out of bed, grabbing my rifle, and my Peltor Tactical 7S. My bro is... um... SOL though. [:D]

Am I crazy? Or overzealous? Or is it the same thing? [%|]
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 9:20:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 9:27:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Distraction - Kids toys

Bigger distraction - Kids laughing

Perhaps I need to train harder?
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 9:27:46 PM EDT
[#14]
No I do not do this..

But I probably will tomorrow when my gilrfriend is working late.[:D]
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 10:33:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Every so often (usually when I can't sleep) I get up and grab the pistol suddenly, as if awakened by a noise. I then clear the apartment with a little help from a flashlight. (loaded, off-safe DA, same as if there was a real threat)

I also practice clearing in other scenarios with toy guns.

I learned that the staircase in my 2-story apartment/townhome is a great place to make a stand if you get there first, since it is very hard to go up the stairs while watching for someone and being prepared to shoot accurately.

I am also working on setting up a ghetto-rig alarm that will set off a buzzer in my room when the door is opened. When I finish that, I might rig it to come on at some random time in the middle of the night, for a realistic wake-up-and-clear.

Now being able to shoot live ammo in a real house in a realistic scenario would be cool! Nothing like that that I know of around here.
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 10:35:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Does anyone else clear their house with methane bombs?
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 10:53:59 PM EDT
[#17]
I often sit outside my neighbors house dressed in tactical gear, waiting for him to get home.

When he gets home, I offer to clear the place for him "just in case".

He always says no for some reason.

What a jerk.
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 7:54:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
My neighbors really hate the flashbangs.
View Quote

Um.......do you have a link for frags?[;)]

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 8:10:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I often sit outside my neighbors house dressed in tactical gear, waiting for him to get home.

When he gets home, I offer to clear the place for him "just in case".

He always says no for some reason.

What a jerk.
View Quote

LMAO!!!  I'll have to try that some time.....

I do that on days that end in 'Y' also. Practice..practice...practice..

Sometimes, if I'm really bored, I call up a buddy and have him come over, and "ferget" that I invited him......he's learned to wear a diaper when he comes to my house...hehehe......[:D]

Link Posted: 11/29/2002 8:28:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Did you ever try a tactical no knock entry and "accidently" hit the wrong house?![grenade]
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 8:46:09 AM EDT
[#21]
You guys need to move this thread over to Mall Nijas:)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top