Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/27/2002 8:10:18 PM EDT
Does anyone have that recipe on the times? I can't remember if it's 325 degrees and 4 minutes per lb. or was it 350 @ 3 1/2 minutes per lb.? Thanks guys, [b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 8:15:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/27/2002 8:29:47 PM EDT by Jim_Dandy]
The answers given are based on the best information avaliable from Bayou Classic. Always use Extreme Caution when cooking with hot oil. Read and follow all operating instructions before using your Turkey or Fish Fryer. 1. How much Peanut Oil do I need to use? To correctly determine the amount of peanut oil needed, place the bagged turkey or chicken into the pot. Fill the pot with water until the poultry is covered. Remove poultry from the pot. The amount of water in the pot corresponds to the amount of oil needed. For a 10-12 pound turkey use approx. 2 1/2 to 3 gallons For a 13-16 pound turkey use approx. 3 to 3 1/2 gallons 2. How long do I cook the turkey or chicken? Turkey should be fryed at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 3 to 3 1/2 minutes per pound. Example: A 15lb Turkey should be done in about 45 to 50 minutes. Chicken should be fryed using the same temperature and cooking time. A single chicken should be done in about 18 minutes. 3. Can I reuse the Oil? Peanut Oil may be reused up to 5 times if all of the meat particles are strained out of the oil. Store oil in original container.
View Quote
[url]http://www.turkeyfryer-outlet.com/faq.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 8:15:59 PM EDT
I can't remember. Last Turkey Day my dad and I fried one to a crisp because the thermometer stuck. We kept turning up the flame because we couldn't get the temperature up high enough. Finally we tapped the thermometer and it jumped up to way above the correct temp. By that point it was too late and the turkey was a goner. My mom had to run to town to get a new turkey and more oil. We are gonna try again tomorrow.
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 8:28:48 PM EDT
Thanks Jim! I've been frying our family's turkeys for about 15 years now...and I always get the times screwed up. I never forget how to inject and spice em' though [:D] Thanks again, [b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 9:23:02 PM EDT
Soak him in brine first---I won't fry another turkey without the brine soaking. mmmm turkey...
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 9:28:07 PM EDT
Don't forget to drive through the coathanger or whatever you are using as a retrieval tool first and be careful. It is illegal to fry a turkey in the parish of Orleans. They tend to cause house fires. Man I love fried turkey.
Top Top