Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/27/2002 11:17:29 AM EDT
[url]http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/797046/posts?page=1[/url]

Link Posted: 11/27/2002 11:34:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Turning the cheek is only good in a bitch fight.  When the executioner mob is knocking on your door, you shoot through the door and pray for multiple kills per bullet.

I hope we see a revolution in that area with christians giving the brunt of the casualties to the muslims.  God, it'd be nice to see Muslim areas turn tale and run.  They just depend on the rest of the world being "civilized." (ie. Easy targets.)  
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 11:48:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Having had this discussion before in a Bible study group, it is my responsibility as a Christian husband and father to protect my family.

If this is not correct, would someone please show me where in Scripture that it says we are to allow our families to be slaughtered like sheep?
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 12:11:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Reminds me of a Simpsons episode when Homer and Bart are walking through the airport, and various cults and religions are giving them their sales pitches:

[b]Hare Krishna guy: Have you heard of Krishna Consciousness?

Homer: This, Bart, is a crazy man! [moves on]

Christian: Love thy enemies.

Homer: [Sarcastic] Right, that'll work. [moves on]

Movementarian cultist: A new and better life awaits you on our distant home planet, Blisstonia.

Homer: Hmmm, makes sense![/b]

Link Posted: 11/27/2002 12:27:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I got a feeling that the good archbishop will be soon flying back to the Vatican.

This current Pope is very big on turning the other cheek. Just look at all the crap he has sputtered about violence in the Holy Land, urging a "peaceful settlement" and calling for "restraint" against Iraq.
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 12:37:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I want to see him on a flight to the Vatacan as well.  As a replacement!

Rev. John Olorunfemi Onaiyekan for Pope!

[i]"We blame the government because we rely on the government to protect us," he said.

The archbishop said Christians shouldn't hesitate to defend themselves from further attacks.

"It is a Christian duty to protect yourselves," he said.[/i]

I think I'm turning Catholic...

Link Posted: 11/27/2002 12:39:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Has anyone noticed that every hot spot in the world right now involves Muslims?  The 'religion of peace' my ass.  I tried not to think that way, but dammit, where are the voices of outrage from the Muslim community worldwide about all the carnage being caused by Muslims all over the world?
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 1:58:55 PM EDT
[#7]
They should fight back. More power to them.
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 2:05:12 PM EDT
[#8]
cant fucking believe they have to be [b]"urged"[/b] to fight back!

muslims kill 100 of yours, kill 1000 of theirs.  fuck em.  this is the only way they will understand.  they are fucking animals.
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 2:14:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I got a feeling that the good archbishop will be soon flying back to the Vatican.

This current Pope is very big on turning the other cheek. Just look at all the crap he has sputtered about violence in the Holy Land, urging a "peaceful settlement" and calling for "restraint" against Iraq.
View Quote

Well, since Catholic doctrine allows for one to defend yourself and others, I don't see why (CCC 2264, I think).  It may not be the "heroic virtue" of winning them over with love, but it is morally acceptable to defend your life and the life of your loved ones.

Now, [i]retaliation[/i] is another thing entirely...
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 2:19:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Nuke Mecca, fuck em
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top