Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/27/2002 9:17:20 AM EDT
Just as I have said all along, the so called environmentalists hurt the environment more than they help. [url]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,71506,00.html[/url] When you figure that they used a strong acid and all of the gas and other energy used to repair the SUV's, I figure that the damage they caused would be worse than 5 new SUV's.
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 9:22:08 AM EDT
Tells you where my head is, I thought ELF stood for "Extremely Low Frequency." More "X-Files" stuff. Hmmm...eco-[i]terrorists[/i]? Sic Ashcroft on 'em. He can get mideval on their a**.
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 9:25:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/27/2002 9:26:21 AM EDT by magnum_99]
What a bunch of retards. Why attack the end user? Pretty tough to get to all of the millions of SUVs on the road. If they are serious, they should be going for the SUV factories. You must hit the means of production to stop "the man!" The Marxists should go back and read their own play book.
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 9:33:34 AM EDT
Anyone wanna go ELF hunting? We can tie a SUV in the middle of a pasture and hide out with rifles and see if anything "bites"
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 9:54:33 AM EDT
Although I believe those ELF/superenvironmentalist freak terrorist groups are freaking nuts, even though they think they have good intentions, I severely do NOT like SUVs. I do agree they are good vehicles for particular purposes, just like a semi is good for pulling large trailers. Most people who buy and drive SUVs do so based on the 'fad factor' THAT is what I do not like. It's extremely wasteful. Their fuel economy SUCKS, and they pollute more than most other types of consumer driven vehicles. Right now, we're at the worst average fuel economy ratings for our vehicles in the last 27 years. Computers advance in leaps and bounds, but the American consumer still will buy a way oversized vehicle that sucks gas like you wouldn't believe, using internal combustion technology that is at least half a century old. I have NO problem with the people who own these vehicles that NEED them, but getting one just to be COOL is a TOTAL waste. UGH. [/rant] Anyway, I'd hunt those ELF guys with you, because they are still dumbasses
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 9:58:01 AM EDT
I thought Elves loved the environment and wanted to live in peace and harmony, but always on the lookout for the evils of Sauron and his minions and . . . oh, sorry, nevermind :)
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 12:09:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/27/2002 12:17:59 PM EDT by FLGreg]
Just think of all the VOC's (volatile organic compounds) that were released from that ski lodge in Vail three years ago. The building was like 30k sq/ft.
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 12:14:00 PM EDT
Originally Posted By MadProfessor: Anyone wanna go ELF hunting? We can tie a SUV in the middle of a pasture and hide out with rifles and see if anything "bites"
View Quote
I'm pretty sure baiting is against the game laws, you have to stalk them in their natural habitat - mall parking lots.
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 12:23:27 PM EDT
[blue]Do Not Hot Link[/blue]; http://www.earthliberationfront.com/main.shtml
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 1:07:09 PM EDT
I'll kick any ELF motherfuckers ass I see on sight! I went dirt bike riding up in the Mount Baker area by Concrete with 6 friends back in 91. We had just pulled off the logging road and onto the horse trail and had wicked it up to start onto the bike trail. I was the 4th person, the guy in the lead was the 15 year old son of one of the guys. He had put it in third and was getting on the gas when he (no shit) stopped dead as his bike went flying out from underneath him. His father and another guy also crashed, I was able to stop as was the guy in the rear. Some ELF motherfucker had strung pianio wire NECK height right 30 yards after the bike trail began. The guys son was very lucky as the wire had caught the chinbar of his helmet and yanked it down. That saved his neck. One of the other guys caught the wire chest height. He ended up breaking two ribs. After we gathered everyone up we went after that piano wire with a pair of dykes. We had just removed it when 5 people on horseback came riding by. One of the horses had a wire cut across it's neck. The bastards hads strung wire across the horse riding trails too. We were out on the same road a few weeks later when we came across a logging operation. There was a guy on "watch" looking after a couple of cats, a front loader and a tractor-trailer. He gave us a ration of shit till we got it through his head that ELF motherfuckers don't ride dirtbikes. He was pissed since a month before they had "monkeywrenched" a motor on one of the cats to the tune of $6,000. I fucking hate those mother fuckers with a passion.
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 1:27:46 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Matthew_Q: Although I believe those ELF/superenvironmentalist freak terrorist groups are freaking nuts, even though they think they have good intentions, I severely do NOT like SUVs. I do agree they are good vehicles for particular purposes, just like a semi is good for pulling large trailers. Most people who buy and drive SUVs do so based on the 'fad factor' THAT is what I do not like. It's extremely wasteful. Their fuel economy SUCKS, and they pollute more than most other types of consumer driven vehicles. Right now, we're at the worst average fuel economy ratings for our vehicles in the last 27 years. Computers advance in leaps and bounds, but the American consumer still will buy a way oversized vehicle that sucks gas like you wouldn't believe, using internal combustion technology that is at least half a century old. I have NO problem with the people who own these vehicles that NEED them, but getting one just to be COOL is a TOTAL waste. UGH. [/rant] Anyway, I'd hunt those ELF guys with you, because they are still dumbasses
View Quote
And that, my friend, it why it's so great to live in America. You're free to hate most SUV drivers and they're free to drive what they please.
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 1:35:24 PM EDT
Originally Posted By KBaker: Tells you where my head is, I thought ELF stood for "Extremely Low Frequency."
View Quote
Same here. The Navy has been catching flack for it's ELF system recently.
Top Top