Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/26/2002 6:09:21 PM EDT
Who's coming over for dinner at your house???I'll start. The wife's mom and step father, my mom, one of my sisters and two of her kids, and a friend from lodge who is older and lives alone. My wife goes all out and makes a real feast. Besides the turkey and dressing, she makes several types of breads, bean casseroles, candied sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, and several different pies for dessert. My mom will bring her homemade pineapple sherbet for starters. we never have enough room on the dining room table so we set up a buffet in the kitchen and serve from there. Think about inviting an older neighbor who may live alone, or someone from church. No one should spend Thanksgiving alone. Or maybe a college kid who can't get home. Hope everyone here has a good day spent with family and friends!!!!
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 6:17:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Who's coming over for dinner at your house???I'll start. The wife's mom and step father, my mom, one of my sisters and two of her kids, and a friend from lodge who is older and lives alone. My wife goes all out and makes a real feast. Besides the turkey and dressing, she makes several types of breads, bean casseroles, candied sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, and several different pies for dessert. My mom will bring her homemade pineapple sherbet for starters. we never have enough room on the dining room table so we set up a buffet in the kitchen and serve from there. Think about inviting an older neighbor who may live alone, or someone from church. No one should spend Thanksgiving alone. Or maybe a college kid who can't get home. Hope everyone here has a good day spent with family and friends!!!!
View Quote

So what time shall we all come over????
Give detailed directions too!!

[;)]
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 6:35:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Just Me, Brother, and Mother, perhaps friends.

Im thinking about making a dinner pic out of it and putting it on here.
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 9:42:10 PM EDT
[#3]
It would have been me and my dog, but now that he is gone I am going to stare at the wall.
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 10:13:25 PM EDT
[#4]
family gathering at aunts place.
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 10:28:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Since my dad is still in the hospital, we will be having Thanksgiving dinner there. My sister and her husband are coming out from Ca. We are probably going to pick up whatever Marie Calender's, or some such place, is selling for the day and take it to his room.
Not exactly a traditional type dinner, but it could be worse.
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 2:56:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanksgiving is way too much effort. Anything that takes longer to cook than it does to eat is not worth it. And since I can eat any meal in under 5 minutes, I'm limited. Gonna sleep late, eat a PB&J, swill down a beer and watch some football. GOT TO DECOMPRESS!
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 3:02:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 3:38:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It would have been me and my dog, but now that he is gone I am going to stare at the wall.
View Quote

Taco Smell will welcome you.
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 5:10:58 PM EDT
[#9]
As I have no family here, it will be the wife and 2 kids.
AB
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top