Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2002 6:07:16 PM EDT
Anybody out there have a Bose Wave Radio. I'm looking for a compact radio/CD unit for a small room I plan to use for reading, relaxing, and engaging in sleeping contests with my dog. [:)]

I'm talking about the short rectangular one, not the tall model. The short one sells for right around $500. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 6:12:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 6:35:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I stayed at a Westin Hotel in Dallas last week - the clock/radio was a Bose Wave.
I'd say it was pretty damn impressive considering its size, and I'm pretty picky - Marantz w/ Klipsch speakers all around for my home system.
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 6:39:24 PM EDT
[#3]
If you can live without the CD in the short term, I'd recommend you take a look at the Model One or Model Two radios over at [url=http://www.tivoliaudio.com]Tivoli Audio[/url].  This was the last place Henry Kloss ran before his passing earlier this year.  For $100 (Model One) or $160 (Model Two), the sound is everything that the Bose is at a fraction of the price.  The big difference between the two is mono vs stereo.  Putting "stereo" in a box where the speakers are separated by only twelve inches or so completely defeats the purpose of stereo sound.  The Model Two offers up to 15' of separation between the right and left channels.

Have fun!
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 6:52:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I would think you might do better buying seperate "budget" higher end stuff.  I have always been happy with my NAD integrated amp and I know you can get some ok speakers for nto too much...
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 6:54:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If you can live without the CD in the short term, I'd recommend you take a look at the Model One or Model Two radios over at [url=http://www.tivoliaudio.com]Tivoli Audio[/url].  This was the last place Henry Kloss ran before his passing earlier this year.  For $100 (Model One) or $160 (Model Two), the sound is everything that the Bose is at a fraction of the price.  The big difference between the two is mono vs stereo.  Putting "stereo" in a box where the speakers are separated by only twelve inches or so completely defeats the purpose of stereo sound.  The Model Two offers up to 15' of separation between the right and left channels.

Have fun!
View Quote

I like the CD but I'll check this out...thanks.
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 7:32:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't have one myself, but have listened to
several at friends houses.  I find them to be
very impressive.  The sound range and quality
out of that little box is surprising.  However,
I wouldn't consider purchasing one unless the
price comes down to the under $100 range.
For $500, as others have suggested, you can
do better, in a much larger package.
DanM
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 7:42:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top