Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/25/2002 8:11:39 AM EDT
I read a few months ago about deck stain.  Specifically a two part stain for cedar.  I am having a deck built and would like to stain it. Any info is appreciated.  The search function didnt bring anything up.
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 8:23:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I was reading an article awhile back on stains in Consumer's Report---they seemed to indicate that a stain by Sikken's might be the most durable for flat surfaces.  Believe it was a 2 step process. Don't think it was necessarily cheapest, just the longest-lived, if you will.

Why don't you check Google under Sikken's and see what comes up.

Good Luck!
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 8:30:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Found it:  www.nam.sikkens.com [;)]
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 8:43:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I have had good luck with just single coast of the Behr oil-based crap from Home Depot.  The deck can actually make it for 2 years without looking too bad, but a yearly clean and coat is better.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 5:52:20 AM EDT
[#4]
ARDoc, I re-stained my deck this past summer using Rymar stain.  It's too early to tell how long it will last.  It went on real easy; I used a brush but they say it rolls well & sprays well, also.  You can check them out at RymarIndustries.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top