Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 4:10:32 PM EDT
[#1]
i would only feel comfortable w/ my longarm being a boltgun if i had a good high capacity pistol as my sidearm.

the bolt-gun as the *only* gun.... no thanks.  what about cqb?  then you're in trouble
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 4:30:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, a bolt gun will work. But come on!! A 5rnd bolt vs any semi-auto rifle will always be won by those with the semi!! PERIOD!!
View Quote
Unless the guy behind the bolt gun happens to be a military-trained sniper, as evidenced countless times by snipers who have faced troops armed with selective-fire weapons.
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 5:04:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 6:19:05 PM EDT
[#4]
i don't think anyone who knew anything would dispute that one can do a ton of damage w/ a bolt action... but, as a 1 man army in a possibly urban environment, you must consider cqb, in which case, you better have something else along
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 6:31:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Does anyone here actually think there will be a 2nd American Revolution to right the ship?  

Or are you expecting the fall of society and want to defend your one can of food and jug of water during the ensuing chaos?
View Quote

2nd Revolution- no I do not think so.

Fall of society- Yes, When I fly into Phoenix I look down at the exposed water cannals that feed the 3.5 million people in the city.  I then realize that if anything happened to the water SWHTF in about 2-3 days.
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 7:52:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Actually the scope you can mount on an Enfield would depend upon how much you are willing to spend.

Here is a picture of the BEST scope mount that you can get for a Lee Enfield

[img]http://www3.sympatico.ca/shooters/ScopeMount003.jpg[/img]

And another picture

[img]http://www3.sympatico.ca/shooters/ScopeMount004.jpg[/img]

This is the CAD Technik Scope Mount

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top