Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 11/23/2002 7:09:36 PM EDT
I just downloaded that Kazaa thing. I have been messing around with it for awhile and have run out of songs to listen to. Any good ones out there that you have heard latley , or awhile ago that would be worth listening to? BTW, does anyone know if can save these songs to an MP3 palyer?
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 7:11:37 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 7:13:48 PM EDT
No Quarter by Zeppelin, but also the Tool remake of it kicks ass as well.
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 7:15:43 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 7:30:15 PM EDT
if you've got the bandwidth, download full albums.
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 7:47:12 PM EDT
Hi. My daughter uses Kazaa alot. She can load the songs onto her Sony Mp3 player from her computer via cable, player also has small diskettes. I like the Song "Smoke on the Water" by Deep Purple. I'm going to get into the Kazaa thing myself as soon as I figure it out. MM419
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 7:49:53 PM EDT
Doh! Watch out for the spyware!!!! Follow these instructions exactly. It removes all spyware from kazaa... [url]http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/Quarters/5077/new/cleankazaa.html[/url]
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 7:54:06 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 8:08:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/23/2002 8:10:16 PM EDT by Minuteman419]
Originally Posted By Mugzilla: Doh! Watch out for the spyware!!!! Follow these instructions exactly. It removes all spyware from kazaa... [url]http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/Quarters/5077/new/cleankazaa.html[/url]
View Quote
Thanks for passing that along! Ad Aware works, I've used it for almost a year. [url]http://www.lavasoftusa.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 8:14:36 PM EDT
10 favorite songs: Strauss---Vienna Blood Op.354 Carl Orff---Oh Fortuna Vivaldi---Concerto No.2 "summer" -Concerto No.4 "winter" -Concerto RV 159 Beethoven---Sonata No.14 in C sharp -For Elise Tchaikovsky---Czardas Mozart--- K.397 fantasy in D minor Pachelbel---Cannon in D major And anything by Rammstein,however,in particular -Sonne -Ich Will -Mein Herz Brennt -Nebel -Bestrafe Mich -Du Hast
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 8:29:43 PM EDT
break it up by rocket from the krypt I never promised you a rose garden by suicide machines Disproportioned head by the vandals fourteen by the vandals any song by flogging molly any song by drop kick murphys
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 9:08:44 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Greywolf2112: No Quarter by Zeppelin, but also the Tool remake of it kicks ass as well.
View Quote
Shit, ALL zeppelin. I'm a "When the Levee Breaks" and "Battle of Evermore" man myself.
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 9:11:31 PM EDT
Originally Posted By rasanders22: any song by flogging molly any song by drop kick murphys
View Quote
[b]Hells yeah.[/b] Blood or Whiskey is another good group in that genre.
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 9:30:58 PM EDT
Download some Slayer!![img]http://www.smilies-world.de/Smilies/Smilies_klein_1/ylsuper.gif[/img] -T.
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 9:33:56 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Minuteman419:
Originally Posted By Mugzilla: Doh! Watch out for the spyware!!!! Follow these instructions exactly. It removes all spyware from kazaa... [url]http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/Quarters/5077/new/cleankazaa.html[/url]
View Quote
Thanks for passing that along! Ad Aware works, I've used it for almost a year. [url]http://www.lavasoftusa.com/[/url]
View Quote
KazaaLite has [b]NO[/b] ads or spies..... Scott
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 9:35:29 PM EDT
Do a search for Led Zep. Can't go wrong with any of it. I am partial to "Kashmir", and that song from the Viking Kittens "Immigrant's Song"..... Scott
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 9:44:07 PM EDT
Temps, Marvin Gay, Four Tops, Little Anthony and the Imperials, Otis Redding, and many more from that era, those were artists not screaming assholes like you have today. I just got done listening to My Girl, it's as close to PERFECTION as you can get.
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 9:44:21 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DScottHewitt: Do a search for Led Zep. Can't go wrong with any of it. I am partial to "Kashmir", and that song from the [red]Viking Kittens[/red] "Immigrant's Song"..... Scott
View Quote
[url]http://www.rathergood.com/vikings/[/url] That is soooo funny!!!
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 9:49:14 PM EDT
TOaster, Thanx. I forgot to link it..... Scott My suggestions: Led Zep Rush AC/DC Aerosmith Blues Traveler The Clash Jimi Hendrix Jimmy Buffet MeatLoaf Mike & Mechanics RaMones The Beatles The Band The Eagles Buckwheat Boyz ZZ Top Zager & Evans A lot of the folders in my My Music folder have just one or two songs in them. I find stuff I like, I download the good. It's not a CD, why crowd up with the non-prime junk? Scott
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 10:04:11 PM EDT
Cracker - Low Adema AC/DC Aerosmith Billy Joel Beck Counting Crows Buffalo Springfield - Stop, Hey... Creed Tom Petty Doors Gob - Paint it black Kenny Wayne Sheppard - Blue on Black Cranberries Guns n Roses Eagles Kid Rock Mamas and the Papas Mudvayne Nickelback OASIS PINK FLOYD Steve Miller Band Zombie Seether Seven Mary Three Space Hog - In the mean time Tantric Tommy Lee U2 and much much more
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 10:09:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/23/2002 10:18:47 PM EDT by nm_man]
Originally Posted By ilikelegs: All songs by RUSH.
View Quote
Another Rush fan, i take it?
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 10:09:31 PM EDT
A sample of stuff I saved, mostly pop... Avalon - Roxy Music Superman Song - Crash Test Dummies New Year's Day - U2 Lily Was Here - Candy Dulfer Ship Of Fools - Robert Plant Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd Silent Lucidity - Queensryche Zombie - Cranberries Who's Behind The Door- Zebra Rock The Casbah - The Clash Paradise City - Guns & Roses Wild Side - Motley Crue Enter Sandman - Metallica And The Cradle Will Rock - Van Halen I've Seen All Good People - Yes Mothers of the Disappeared - U2 How Fortunate The Man With None - Dead Can Dance Fields Of Gold - Sting Games Without Frontiers - Peter Gabriel Coming Up Close - Til Tuesday Under The Milkyway - The Church Transfer Station Blue - Michael Shrieve Fable (Dream Version) - Robert Miles Living - Moby Ike Ia Ladana (Queen's Jubilee) - George Winston Deep Blue Day - Brian Eno Fantasia On Greensleeves - Vaughn Williams Only Time - Enya Kashmir - Led Zeppelin Freebird - Lynrd Skynrd LA Woman - The Doors Bennie & The Jets - Elton John Layla - Derek & The Dominoes Abacab - Genesis Let's Stay Together - Al Green
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 10:17:59 PM EDT
Let me add, all of Clementi's Sonatinas. light and airy.... good music
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 11:51:23 PM EDT
KazaaLite has all the security bugs of Kazaa.
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 12:14:22 AM EDT
Garcia & Grisman is one of my favorite groups. All the songs from their album "Jerry Garcia and David Grisman" are terrific bluegrass and American old timey music. The Thrill is Gone Grateful Dawg Two Soldiers Friend of the Devil Russian Lullabye Dawg's Waltz Walkin Boss Rockin' Chair Arabia All these songs from that album are great.
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 12:40:36 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 12:57:29 AM EDT
mazzy star--'fade into you' fury in the slaughterhouse--'every generation has it's own disease' machines of loving grace--(anything) NIN--'fixed' remixes 'the blackest album'...an industrial tribute to metallica apocalyptica--(anything...4 cellos do metallica covers) the cure--(anything) switchblade symphony--'clown' and 'dissolve' fiona apple--'shadowboxer' filter--'where do we go from here'
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 6:36:12 AM EDT
Originally Posted By toaster: Download some Slayer!![url]http://www.smilies-world.de/Smilies/Smilies_klein_1/ylsuper.gif[/url] -T.
View Quote
I keep telling you "hardcore" guys to check out Pro-Pain. If you like Slayer, you'll love this band. AB
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 1:34:22 PM EDT
Thanks everyone for the songs, there are some real good ones out there. Thanks for the heads up about the spies and virus's and stuf. Also, I downloaded a movie and when I go to play it it says error, decompressor cannot be found. I checked this out with Windows and dd what the said. Dowloaded Direct x and quicktime just incase it wsn't suporeted by Windows Media player but I still get that sam error message. Any one know how to fix this? Thanks
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 1:48:05 PM EDT
Originally Posted By rasanders22: break it up by rocket from the krypt I never promised you a rose garden by suicide machines Disproportioned head by the vandals fourteen by the vandals any song by flogging molly any song by drop kick murphys
View Quote
Gotta agree with Flogging Molly and Dropkick Murpheys (though I'd also throw The Tossers in that mix). May I suggest "Cadence To Arms" in paticular by Dropkick Murpheys? Even if your not into the whole streetpunk sound, it is a pretty moving song. Starts out with just bagpipes, and gets pretty rockin from there. Another awesome song is "The Harder They Come". Done by Jimmy Cliff, as well as covered by Rancid. I highly recommend both versions (and don't be scared off by Rancid doing the cover, it's fairly true to the original).
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 2:02:22 PM EDT
Since there was a thread a few days ago about AC/DC being the greatest band of all time, check out a group called Hayseed Dixie. I thibk you'll recognize all of their songs. I'm not a country fan but this is pretty entertaining. Besides that New Found Glory has put a new twist on some old tunes. I've got 900 songs and plenty of videos downloaded...does that mean I should get a life???
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 2:07:14 PM EDT
Nothing Else Matters~Metallica
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 2:12:25 PM EDT
View Quote
Yup!
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 3:59:32 PM EDT
Originally Posted By M-60:
View Quote
Yup!
View Quote
Uh, Nope!
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 4:40:16 PM EDT
I think this is the most replys I have ever had on one of my posts, Yea [:D]
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 5:19:58 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ShamusMcOI: though I'd also throw The Tossers in that mix).
View Quote
Ha! Another Tossers fan. We sometimes seem to be few and far between.
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 5:59:41 PM EDT
If you like any older music, here's a couple: Humble Pie - I Don't Need No Doctor - 30 Days In the Hole MC5 - Kick out the Jams Mason Proffit - 2 Hangmen Tommy Bolin - Post Toastee Fleetwood Mac - Oh Well (8:56 version) Frijid Pink - House of the Rising Sun James Gang -Walk Away -Funk #49 -The Bomber Nazareth - This Flight Tonight Lou Reed - Take A Walk On the Wildside Traffic - Low Spark of High Heeled Boys Velvet Underground -Waiting For the Man The Who - I Can See For Miles - Magic Bus (live) Edgar Winter Group- Frankenstein Hollies -Long Cool Woman in a Black Dress Aerosmith - Train Kept a Rollin' Atlanta Rhythmn Section -Homesick I left off Zeppelin, the Doors, Sabbath, Rush, Hendrix, etc. Bands like these have too many songs, just get complete albums.
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 6:00:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/24/2002 6:18:21 PM EDT by 95thFoot]
Pretty much anything by The Jam. [img]popmatters.com/music/reviews/various/images/various-fireandskill2.jpg[/img] [url]www.thejam.org.uk[/url] [url]http://www.artistdirect.com/music/artist/card/0,,448407,00.html[/url]
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 6:04:39 PM EDT
[b]Pink (F***ing) Floyd![/b] You dweebs! Go hear and listen: [url]http://www.pinkfloyd.co.uk/pages/stub.html[/url] Don't say the Hun never gave you anything, OK? Eric The(StuckInThe70s,The1870s)Hun[>]:)]
Top Top