http://www.cbs.com/primetime/csi_miami
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 5:13:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
1st choice is for gun control freaks.

Vote 2nd choice.

[url]http://www.cbs.com/primetime/csi_miami[/url]
View Quote

Who do you think is right re: gun control in Florida?  
Donner - permits should be required to buy a handgun   55.19%
Sevilla - murder rates drop when gun control is relaxed  44.81%

Link Posted: 11/23/2002 5:38:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Done
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 5:41:15 AM EDT
[#3]

Donner - permits should be required to buy a handgun   45.95%
Sevilla - murder rates drop when gun control is relaxed  54.05%
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 6:06:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Donner - permits should be required to buy a handgun   42.90%
Sevilla - murder rates drop when gun control is relaxed  57.10%

Keep hitting it!
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 7:44:45 AM EDT
[#5]
done.
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 8:14:43 AM EDT
[#6]

Donner - permits should be required to buy a handgun   27.86%
Sevilla - murder rates drop when gun control is relaxed  72.14%

ARH
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 8:55:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Done.
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 9:21:45 AM EDT
[#8]
I did it as well.  We're winnin by a pretty good margin.
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 9:39:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Done.

76.01% in our favor now.

BTW, WTF does a TV show have to do with gun control issues?  Does CBS think they are the conscience of the nation, then, now, and forever?

They may think they are, but THEY ARE NOT!

CBS, UP YOURS!

Bilster
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 10:06:18 AM EDT
[#10]

Donner - permits should be required to buy a handgun   23.24%
Sevilla - murder rates drop when gun control is relaxed  76.76%

Sadly, they don't report the total votes.  Even less "scientific" than normal.
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 10:24:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 10:38:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Done
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 11:15:15 AM EDT
[#13]
I don't watch CSI: Miami, so I'm not familiar with the characters.  I see that Donner is one of the main characters.  Who is Sevilla?  He/she is not on the cast list.

I do watch the original CSI.  Great show.

USPC40

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/line.gif[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 11:27:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Done.
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 11:35:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 11:42:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 11:49:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 12:10:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Done.

76.01% in our favor now.

BTW, WTF does a TV show have to do with gun control issues?  Does CBS think they are the conscience of the nation, then, now, and forever?

They may think they are, but THEY ARE NOT!

CBS, UP YOURS!

Bilster
View Quote

I personally have no problem with this poll, as done by CBS. Instead of just unloading their gun control tripe on us, they actually made a poll to [b]ASK THE VIEWERS[/b]. Kudoes to them. Since the response is overwhelmingly on our side, why exactly do you have a problem with it?

Scott

Link Posted: 11/23/2002 12:18:18 PM EDT
[#19]
78 to 21 in our favor now.

Ya'know....[b]even though[/b] most of these "polls" about gun control are more or less "meaningless"...
We should continue to [b]BLAST[/b] all of them we find, because [b]You never know who might be browsing the internet, and happen upon a website just like the one THIS poll is on[/b]

Even POLITICIANS browse the net in their spare time...and the more PRO-GUN SENTIMENT they see, the more they will think about it.
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 12:26:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Done. Planerench out.
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 1:30:47 PM EDT
[#21]
DScottHewitt,

The problem I have with CBS and this particular poll is that "Donner" and "Sevilla" are fictional characters, not real.  CSI Miami is fiction, not a  news or panel discussion show.  It is like Martin Sheen playing the President on the "Left" Wing, and having some morons think he is, or he should be president.  All of this is pushed on an unsuspecting population as legitimate.  As that poll initially indicated, we were in the minority.  Had the poll continued to show us in that light, some how it would be known.  Probably on the 6:00 PM news with Dan Rather.  Since we are winning, the results will never be made public.

Will the results of this poll ever come up in an episode?  If Donner wins, I'm sure it would make it's way into the script as some bogus fact.  "The majority thinks that permits should be required to buy a handgun, as a deterrent to gun related crime."  Donner would say something like that to a colleague.  

If Sevilla wins, it might go something like this;  Sevilla would say,  "The majority thinks murder rates will drop when gun control is relaxed, as the average Joe will be able to defend himself against violent criminals,"  Donner would respond with a bogus fact,  "Well, the statistics don't add up for that scenario.  More guns available in a location up the ante for more gun violence.  Besides, the laws are not made by mob rule."  They will work it in on an anti slant regardless of the results.  Of course, it may never show up in the show at all.

This is just my feelings on this considering CBS is part of the mainstream media.  The mainstream media is biased, and favors gun control.
The gun haters like to think they are in charge, and they like to put anti-gun or false facts on TV, because "If it's on TV, It must be true" mentality of the average viewer.

That is why I have a problem with this poll, win or lose.

Bilster
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top