Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/22/2002 11:18:31 PM EDT
I sometimes use a poncho liner as a comforter on my bed. It gives me warm memories of freezing my ass off at FT. Campbell. Out in the field having nothing, but a poncho and poncho liner to keep warm in the dead of winter.

"Grunts can take anything ... " Platoon
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 11:22:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 11:25:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 12:49:10 AM EDT
[#3]
My Woobie...[:D](poncho liner)

Still have one of my I.D. tags on my keyring, and took 550 cord and made a loop on my pocket knife..
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 5:43:44 AM EDT
[#4]
I keep a ponch liner in the Jeep. Use it to cover my legs in the cold until the heater warms up, ground cloth for figuring out what's broke now, sit on it when topless and it has rained on my seats, etc. Also use it at the range on the concrete shooting bench to protect my babies.
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 5:54:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Tits and Ass 50? I have no idea what you are talking about [whacko]
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 5:57:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 6:00:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Poncho liner, definitely, although during the winter, the fishtail parka comes in mighty handy.
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 6:20:57 AM EDT
[#8]
i will list in the order the item is most used
1. M-16 magazines in my AR15
2. poncho liner, i own 3 best piece of kit the army issues
3. 2 quart canteen. a must have in the AZ desert.
3. wool blanket. i like to use one as a ground cover while shooting in the prone, and i use another 1 rolled up as a field expedient rest for support in the prone
4. CFP-90 the super large 6000 cubic inch ruck. i use this thing when i go cmping up north. i can carry all my stuff, plus my fiances stuff in it. the patrol pack that comes with it is used also on small day hikes.
5. shelter half complete aka GP teeny tiny. i still use my shelter half to sleep in if it is cold out, otherwise ill sleep under the stars.
6. gortex sleeping system, but only when colder than 40 degrees
7. lensatic compass. i carry this, but hardly use it now that i have an ETREX.
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 10:33:43 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm not a civvy quite yet, but sitting here with a smokin' jacket (Field Jacket Liner) on over a T shirt. Woobies are handy also , just not much use in Alaska.
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 7:40:15 PM EDT
[#10]
My green sleep shirt keeps me warm on cold nights. I still haven't been issued one of the new brown ones.
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 8:04:19 PM EDT
[#11]
I take my compass with me EVERYWHERE. (It's in my backpack that serves as my Man-Purse)

I also use my 'cho liner a great deal.

My wife uses my buttpack as her purse most of the time as well. [:D]
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 12:35:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

My wife uses my buttpack as her purse most of the time as well. [:D]
View Quote

That is funny my wife used to use my FagBag (map/manual bag) as her purse, till one of the pens broke in the little holder they have and left a narly ink stain on it...
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 1:20:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Lensatic compass is a fizture in my truck, so is my "Ranger Rosary" (pace counter.)

Need new wubbie and smoking jacket

Keep an entrenching tool under the back seat.

ALWAYS have M-65 and ECWCS Goretex in the bag with the old T-10 canopy (tent, sleeping bag, ground cover, truck cover, hunting blind, any or all of the above...)

Keep an ALICE belt with 2x1qt ready to fill, and a pair of ammo pouches to keep some food in (drive cros-country once or twice a year, and you can learn to appreciate something like that...)

2qt canteen collapsed under rear seat next to etool.

Platoon Leader's map scale (to go with map cards...)

M9 Bayo

Other stuff I can't think of at the moment...

FFZ
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top