Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2002 5:21:14 PM EDT
Boss calls me in at 4:55 this evening...says he's very disappointed in my performance lately and that I don't seem to be focused on my work (couldn't have a damn thing to do with worrying about getting deployed, hm?), and that he doesn't think I'm the right man for the job.  Says we'll speak again on Monday.

Merry Fucking Christmas to me and Mrs.QS.

Link Posted: 11/22/2002 5:23:24 PM EDT
[#1]
... aren't there laws against firing NG prior to deployment?
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 5:27:22 PM EDT
[#2]
What do you do?
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 5:28:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep..but I'm sure that he'll gin up something unrelated to the NG issue...even though I'm thinking that's about 50% of his problem.  He's pissed off because I told him I was probably going to have to go to Huachuca in Feb for about 6 weeks if I don't get activated.  Also, since the things he was citing hardly seem to be firing offenses at my company, I have to wonder WTF else is going on.  We had a chick who falsified $60,000 in spiff claims against Sony before getting caught and fired, and he wouldn't even press charges on the dumb whore.  

I don't return a couple of phone calls and I'm on the chopping block?  WTF, over?

Oh, that's right..I don't have tits.
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 5:29:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What do you do?
View Quote

I work for an AV systems integrator...inside sales/tech support.
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 5:41:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Tech support... Reseat the supervisor...
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 5:43:08 PM EDT
[#6]
You know this gets me thinking. QS, for the past 3 months at my job my crew has seen an increase of productivity over 25% with a steady and steep decline in OT and damages.  I was taken out to breakfast 2 weeks ago, our customer is giving me and my crew gift certificates for dinner and was asked to write letters of commendation to all my crew for being the best in these fields over the other supervisors.  Anyway last week I tested and physicaled for the Navy Reserve, kinda makes me wonder why all this bad blood suddenly(see my whacko boss thread).  Anyway recruiter says if we go to war I could be be activated if only to fill vacancies left by those deployed.  Still waiting on waiver and such could be a while before it gets approved.  Was really given the sales pitch for Master at Arms but says I can decide for myself.  I know the drill.  They try to fill what they need most but still looks like it COULD be a cool gig.  Anyway I hope to get in and through the 2 week "orientation"(shortened boot camp) and hopefully these assholes will watch their step when fucking with me!
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 5:44:00 PM EDT
[#7]
T,

If your phone is busy because you're on the computer, then get off the damn computer and call me!

C.
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 5:48:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I have the cell phone... call incoming
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 7:56:34 PM EDT
[#9]
WHEEEEEEEeeeeeeeww! I'm just glad you don't work for the United States [b]Postal[/b] service!

I'm sure something will come up QS...hang in there. [:)]

[b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 2:50:46 AM EDT
[#10]
I smell a lawsuit coming :)
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 4:20:34 AM EDT
[#11]
I hate to be like that...but I think the threat of a report to the NGB about this, and the proctosigmoidoscopy that would follow, will probably be enough to 'convince' him to keep me on until I find something else.  

This shit pisses me off.  I'm outselling at least three of the OUTSIDE salespeople, I created and maintained our department intranet site, I fill in for the purchasing agent when he's out, I do all the CCTV system application design for ALL the salespeople, etc..etc..etc...

But I don't have tits.  At least none that any normal male would be interested in.

I tell you all this, though.  This is my LAST goddamn sales job.
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 6:42:41 AM EDT
[#12]
If they can you wouldn't it be terrible of all the stuff you run and maintain went to shit?! [:D]
SorryOciffer
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 12:31:03 PM EDT
[#13]
yep... a real shame.
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 12:54:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Check with the JAG for your unit.  If fucknut tries to drop the bomb on you monday, tell him your impression is that he is pondering screwing you because of NG service.

Make him fire you,,do not quit.  When you apply for unemployment make sure and tell hem you were fired because your boss dislikes the fact you are in the NG.  Find a lawyer, talk to the JAG, base legal and the state atty gens office.  I am betting he has shit for documentation on your "poor performance".  Hire a lawyer and put the boots to him.  Good luck
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 1:25:25 PM EDT
[#15]
QS - first thing you need to do on Monday is copy ALL of your commendations, letters from customers, etc.  Also get your best customer's names and phone numbers and ask them to write you letters praising your job performance.  Also ask for a copy of your personnel file.  Clean your computer of ANY non-work related information, websites, emails, etc.  Make sure you delete your Recycle bin as well.

TRUST ME on this one.
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 2:59:25 PM EDT
[#16]
QS...sorry to hear the bad news.  Try to be optimistic, maybe it isn't as bad as it sounds.  I still would take the advice of everyone who has posted.  Hope for the best, prepare for the worse.
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 3:35:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Indiana is a right to work state, which means they can fire you for no reason.  Also, Indiana is one of the worst states for unemployment.  Been there, done that, it's no fun.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 5:26:11 AM EDT
[#18]
I thought about doing that this afternoon..maybe taking a friend/coworker with me so there's no allegations of any theft/destruction/etc.  That way, I'm totally covered.
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 5:44:46 AM EDT
[#19]
anybody got software I could just drop-in and wipe the HD?
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 6:42:30 AM EDT
[#20]
no software needed..

c:/>format c:
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 7:38:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Cleaning HD sounds fun.   BUT DON'T DO IT.
Makes you look really bad.  If you end up going to court this will make you look like a bad guy. Copy your files to disk.  Delete personal files etc.  But leave company files intact.
Face it. Some employers don't give a $#!^ about service members.  Keep a positive attitude.  Do your job with vhem and vigor.  Hit your numbers.  Make them pay those commission checks. Kiss the customers butts. and maybe one of your customers will give you a job if you get whacked. Make the schmuck terminate your employment.  Get your resume' up to speed @ home.  Not on the company's computers..
Good luck.
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 10:02:30 AM EDT
[#22]
update: went to the office with two witnesses.  Cleaned up my office, took some personal stuff home and ran Window Washer on the PC. Working on the resume at home now.

QS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top