Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/21/2002 11:05:00 PM EDT
Just thought those of you like to exercise you 1st amendment rights as well as you second amendment right might want to read this

http://www.thedefensefund.com/
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 11:09:41 PM EDT
[#1]
PS yes I am a big F---ing tool that plays with guns and aquarium plants

:-)
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 11:16:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 11:18:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you for the working link

who says moderators are all power hungry meanies
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 11:25:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 1:07:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Paging Blaze Of Goo at Full-Auto.com

[url]http://www.full-auto.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=003147[/url]

Your lawyer would like to speak to you BOG.  Please pick up the white courtesy phone.

[img]http://www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/biggrin2.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 7:25:28 PM EDT
[#6]
btt
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 7:42:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Sounds like it's time to get everyone to boycott Robert Novak d/b/a PetsWarehouse.com, and let him know why.
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 7:46:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I think this goes way beyond his lawsuit, the silance them by sueing stuff is no small deal.

Spread the word !!
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 7:53:16 PM EDT
[#9]
what does btt stand for?

sorry, I am an idiot...
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 7:54:59 PM EDT
[#10]
btt = back to top :-)
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 8:01:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Of course anyone can sue for anything in the USA as long as a judge will hear it. The problem with this guy's lawsuit is:

1. He's representing himself, which gives him about .001% chance of success, and

2. Specific legislation exists to protect the majority of the players on the list (CDA 1996). This legislation reversed prior court decisions and has since been successfully used to defend several other cases of defamation/libel. In other words, Compuserve can't be held liable as a "publisher" for something said on a forum hosted on their network.

This is nothing to concern yourself over.

Link Posted: 12/4/2002 8:04:03 PM EDT
[#12]
freaking hillarious.

Now stop me if im wrong, but it appears some customers are not happy about the service provided. So, they are voicing their concerns and telling their friends to not do business with this company. WHAT IN THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THAT???? MAybe the company should fix their shitty service. I would award the defendants 15 million for having to tolerate the shitty service. Screw the company.
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 8:10:46 PM EDT
[#13]
BenDover.... While Im not a lawyer I agree with your review of the case but...guess what some of these sorry defendents have already setteled  and paid this guy money!!!!!!!!!!

I think it is somthing to get a bit uppety about
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 8:11:26 PM EDT
[#14]
One of them gave up their domain to this guy
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 8:13:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
BenDover.... While Im not a lawyer I agree with your review of the case but...guess what some of these sorry defendents have already setteled  and paid this guy money!!!!!!!!!!

I think it is somthing to get a bit uppety about
View Quote

Their loss. Maybe their liability insurer decided it was better to settle with them instead of dragging things out. If the settling defendants were private individuals, they are downright stupid and deserve to take the hit.
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 8:13:39 PM EDT
[#16]
So Far

"Dan Resler - Defendant R. Daniel Resler, severally, shall pay plaintiff the sum of $4,150 on or before the thirtieth day following execution of this Stipulation by all parties.

Jared Weinberger - Defendant Jared Weinberger, severally, shall hereafter: (a) cause a Banner Ad to be displayed at his web site for 145 days; and (b) reinstate a link from his web site to plaintiff’s site in form and substance similar to those maintained for other similar vendors for not less than the same time period.

Sean Carney - (Terms not in settlement agreement as of this writing)
Mark Barnett - Proposed defendant Mark Barnett, severally, shall hereafter: (a) cause a Banner Ad to be displayed, at each of the following web sites maintained by him: FishLinkCentral.com, AquaBid.com, FishForums.com, AquaRank.com, FishLinkExchange.com, AquaBoards.com and AquaChat.com, for 120 days, in substantially the same manner in which a former advertisement was displayed for the defense fund for this action; and (b) implement a Posting Guidelines System at any web site main-tained by him that permits third-party posting.

JoAnn VanDersarl - Proposed defendant JoAnn VanDersarl, severally, shall, not later than the thirtieth day following execution of this Stipulation by all parties, execute, acknowledge and deliver to plaintiff documents sufficient to transfer to plaintiff all of her right, title and interest in and to the domain name plantedtank.com. "
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 8:21:43 PM EDT
[#17]
I agree they were stupid if they settled as private individuals but the whole deal is BS and after reading some threads on this boards and many many others a lot of people are open to these types of lawsuits if litigious people get wind of any success in a case like this
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top