Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/21/2002 6:57:43 PM EDT
I just got my copy in the mail today and installed it. Its the first game that I've played that I actually have the patience to play. Its a riot! AR15.com needs to setup a server if thats even possible.
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 6:59:52 PM EDT
I play it all the time. Yeah ill admit is addictive and cool, there is still a few bugs for them to work out though. But overall its great. I go by the handle DisillusionedGeneral when I play AO. Usually I do pretty good, but today I was rather disappointing. Oh well, there's always tomorrow. PS: Have you tried weapons cache yet? That's one of my favorite maps.
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 7:02:54 PM EDT
Havnt done the weapons cache yet. I've been playing the bridge. I still have some training to go through but for some reason the sniper training comes up saying unavailable. Do I have to finish all other training first?
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 7:11:03 PM EDT
You need to get 36 out of the max of 40 targets on the m16 qualification course first. Then you may additionally have to complete all the other levels until the sniper course become active. Not sure on that one but I do know you have to get 36/40 on the rifle range. Took me a little while but I got it. To complete a level just play it for awhile. The way to check if you qualified for a map (forgive my lack of clear explanation), is click on the report for duty, and then soldier training. Each circle that represents a map would say completed if you qualified. You may have to play mout_McKenna, bridge, pipeline, and so on until you get to the upper level maps. Some of this (besides the 36/40 on the rifle range) may be inaccurate since I started at the beginning when they first released it. I haven't had to qualify for a map in awhile. [:D]
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 7:45:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/21/2002 7:46:51 PM EDT by M4]
I have been known to play from time to time. I like it, good game. And I like that it doesn't put up with people who kill their team mates. Do that and you're booted to the brig....game over. Mountain Pass & Weapons Cache are my favorites. Weapons Cache has M4's, which is the only map that allows team use of full auto. All maps let you pick the SAW & 203. Can't remember which map used to let you snipe w/ the Barrett. Wasn't a well done rifle for the game though, hard to use. The other sniper rifle, the 308, is good. Got to be prone and got to use the bipod for any kills usually. Most people don't know about or don't use the bipod on the SAW, but in the right position, it's deadly accurate. Great game, love killing the terrorists....just needs more maps and a single player mode.
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 7:57:20 PM EDT
Originally Posted By M4: I have been known to play from time to time. I like it, good game. And I like that it doesn't put up with people who kill their team mates. Do that and you're booted to the brig....game over. Mountain Pass & Weapons Cache are my favorites. Weapons Cache has M4's, which is the only map that allows team use of full auto. All maps let you pick the SAW & 203. Can't remember which map used to let you snipe w/ the Barrett. Wasn't a well done rifle for the game though, hard to use. The other sniper rifle, the 308, is good. Got to be prone and got to use the bipod for any kills usually. Most people don't know about or don't use the bipod on the SAW, but in the right position, it's deadly accurate. Great game, love killing the terrorists....just needs more maps and a single player mode.
View Quote
How do you use the bipod on the saw?
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 7:57:33 PM EDT
Heck yeah I play!! I can be found under the nick of Sparks, which is what I usually go by but somebody already has that name here. They are coming out with a patch at the end of the month. One of the items is a ghillie suit for the sniper. WOOT!!
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 9:04:55 PM EDT
Originally Posted By schapman43: How do you use the bipod on the saw?
View Quote
Same way you use it for the sniper rifle. Lie down, and hit the "H" button. You can't move when you've got the bipod down, so find a good hiding spot, or you'll be a dead sniper.
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 9:32:56 PM EDT
Originally Posted By schapman43: I just got my copy in the mail today and installed it. Its the first game that I've played that I actually have the patience to play. Its a riot! AR15.com needs to setup a server if thats even possible.
View Quote
How did you order the game on disk? I see where I can download it, but I'd like it on cd.
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 10:11:52 PM EDT
i dl'd it when it first came out. played and played got sorta bored. got cd the other day, i might start playin it again. oz
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 10:43:07 PM EDT
Me play that game? Never.... ;-)
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 10:44:04 PM EDT
get Global Operations game, make AA look like a POS.
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 12:51:44 AM EDT
I got bored of Global Operations within a couple weeks. Sort of got bored with AA, might reconsider reinstalling it though. Anybody download the new Ravenshield demo?
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 1:51:03 AM EDT
yeah, play it, Im 000buck and can be found in any of the homelan west servers, usually on mountain pass map...might start playin others more.
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 2:49:00 AM EDT
Rainbow Six: Raven Shield is one of the sweeeeetest games I've played in a long time, and I'm very into first person shooter games. Can not wait till the full game is out. America's Army was pretty good, but I tired rather quickly. I didn't much care for Global Ops at all...
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 2:53:18 AM EDT
I got my CD the other day (finally!) but I haven't played in a while. I've been too busy with other things and as mentioned in a diff. post, the fraggin' has gotten out of hand in most maps. I agree, more varied maps and some better/more SP maps would be nice.
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 4:33:00 AM EDT
yeah, me... oh, you meant a COMPUTER game!
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 4:59:36 AM EDT
If you like AA, then i guarentee youd like Raven Shield. Takes awhile to get used to but when you get the hang of it, its fun. Pretty realistic if you ask me. My sleep is all messed up now because of it.
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 5:23:44 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 5:39:11 AM EDT
I play often. I will see about setting up a AR15.com server for us to play on. Look for Symtex. [img]http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/symtex/AA.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 10:25:56 AM EDT
I'm addicted to the game too! I like Bridge, Mountain Pass and Weapons Cache. Well, I should say I like D on Bridge, not A! An AR15.com Clan would be cool......... I play under the screen name "Scott_Collins"
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 2:30:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/22/2002 2:30:36 PM EDT by heavily_armed]
I am so addicted to this game it's not funny. In fact I was just cruising these boards while talking to GF before logging onto AA (she hates it when I play and talk to her at same time). My username is (gasp!) heavily_armed. Usually playing Mountain Pass, Bridge, or Weapons Cache.
Top Top