Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 10:39:23 AM EDT
[#1]
If John Browning him-fucking-self suddenly jumped out of a virgin like a goddamn gun designing chestburster and screamed to the heavens, "I'm back bitches; get me a fucking lathe and a blackboard!" this site would bitch about it.
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 10:42:25 AM EDT
[#2]
http://instagram.com/JesseJamesFirearms
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 10:42:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Those milled lowers on his instagram look pretty nice...ready for some powdercoat or dipping.
View Quote

Powdercoat on a lower would be monumentally stupid.
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 10:45:05 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Came in here to post this.  If I'm buying a 1911 I want to buy a nice one(like the Remington or a Kimber.

Also he had Sandra Bullock and cheated on her.  WTF?!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

. Not sure I want to see an STI with a bunch of skulls and shit on it though.

Came in here to post this.  If I'm buying a 1911 I want to buy a nice one(like the Remington or a Kimber.

Exactly.  That's just stupid messing that up.  She's awesome.

Link Posted: 10/31/2013 10:54:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
. Not sure I want to see an STI with a bunch of skulls and shit on it though.

She could be a complete jerk.  So could he. It's anyone's guess what really went on.  You never know what people are really like when public face is off and these people are mostly all public.

Link Posted: 10/31/2013 11:57:00 AM EDT
[#6]
a lot of you could use some vagisil.  jeesh.
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 12:02:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll give JJ this much credit:  at least his business plan seems more sound than the one from Secession Arms.
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 12:09:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

If John Browning him-fucking-self suddenly jumped out of a virgin like a goddamn gun designing chestburster and screamed to the heavens, "I'm back bitches; get me a fucking lathe and a blackboard!" this site would bitch about it.
View Quote

....that's a candidate for awesome sig-line if I ever saw one

Link Posted: 10/31/2013 12:24:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

No.  You are the one who is saying he's NOT a good machinist.  Or even a machinist, since you espouse that apparently, the only thing he can run is an English wheel or hammer.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You guys keep insisting and insisting that JJ is going to add some amazing value to 1911s.  But you cannot explain what except to say he's a good machinist.

No.  You are the one who is saying he's NOT a good machinist.  Or even a machinist, since you espouse that apparently, the only thing he can run is an English wheel or hammer.

No I did not say that anywhere in this thread that he was not a good machinist.

What I said is that his metalworking skills will be irrelevant. Not of any importance.

He's not being bought on board to machine metal accurately.

He's being bought in to promote a product, something he does well and has made him famous.

He's going to take this existing product and bling it up and it will be sold to people like you, celebrity worshippers, at a grossly inflated price.

Disagree with me all you like but at least read what I wrote first.

Link Posted: 10/31/2013 12:24:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'll give JJ this much credit:  at least his business plan seems more sound than the one from Secession Arms.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Enjoy,
Todd

THE Todd? The speshul Todd?

ETA the Jessie James guns website

http://www.jjfu.com/
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 12:37:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Indeed, but there is no disputing his talent.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Douche factor is extremely high.

Indeed, but there is no disputing his talent.

Talent for what ?????
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 12:38:52 PM EDT
[#12]
I'll hold my praise or criticism until I see his work. He's very talented but his taste in style differs greatly from my own. Ultimately I'd really like to see him design his own platform. I'm sure he could do it if he wanted to. It would be good to see some more variety rather than just more ARs and 1911s.

If he's reading this (and he may well be) "cough..hint.....single stack 9mm".
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 12:46:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Simply being able to run cnc machines doesn't mean one possess the knowledge of how to properly build a quality firearm.

I'm not saying he doesn't know or can't learn. I'm just saying that one doesn't equal the other.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am just going to keep posting CNC samples from him to drive home my point, haha  

http://distilleryimage10.s3.amazonaws.com/5cdb8094e58411e2873222000a1f9e77_7.jpg

Simply being able to run cnc machines doesn't mean one possess the knowledge of how to properly build a quality firearm.

I'm not saying he doesn't know or can't learn. I'm just saying that one doesn't equal the other.

How about working in the Aerospace trade?
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 12:47:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'll hold my praise or criticism until I see his work. He's very talented but his taste in style differs greatly from my own. Ultimately I'd really like to see him design his own platform. I'm sure he could do it if he wanted to. It would be good to see some more variety rather than just more ARs and 1911s.

If he's reading this (and he may well be) "cough..hint.....single stack 9mm".
View Quote

If there's one thing the world needs it's more SA 9mms
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 12:49:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am just going to keep posting CNC samples from him to drive home my point, haha  

http://distilleryimage10.s3.amazonaws.com/5cdb8094e58411e2873222000a1f9e77_7.jpg

Depends what position in the Aerospace trade someone holds..... along with their education, experience, training program, etc.

A secretary in the Aerospace trade?   Naw, don't mean shit.

If your an operator sitting on your ass pushing buttons on a CNC machine.... that still doesn't mean shit either.
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 12:54:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Depends what position in the Aerospace trade someone holds..... along with their education, experience, training program, etc.

If your an operator sitting on your ass pushing buttons on a CNC machine.... that still doesn't mean shit either.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How about a guy with no degree who went into the aerospace industry right after high school?ETA starting at the bottom?
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 1:04:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

What relationship would that have to jesse james building bling bling guns on a reality show?

It's hilarious that people think that making custom motorcycle parts or running a batch of belt buckles on a CNC machine is the high frontier of metal crafting.

It's baby stuff.

What's impressive is the kind of work done for aerospace fabrication.  Like for those 15 million dollar jet engines.  Those giant turbine blades run at 2900F and spin at tens of thousands of RPMs

Now that's metalworking

Even regular metal fabrication shops can grind parts to micron level finishes and hold manufacturing tolerances to ± .00001 inch on production items.

I think you guys are just slightly overestimating the usefulness of big bloppy auto shop welds in firearm manufacturing.

and slightly underestimating the importance of celebrity bling bling in this particular case
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 1:04:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

How about a guy with no degree who went into the aerospace industry right after high school?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How about a guy with no degree who went into the aerospace industry right after high school?

Again, depends on what the guy does and what his training is.

He COULD BE one of the very best..... or he could be shit.

If he was taken through an extensive highly regarded apprenticeship that encompassed all areas of machining and was taught by men or women that knew their shit and signed off on his or her skill level as he or she became highly skilled , that is great.

If he was taught properties of materials, heat treating, met the min. hourly requirements on the lathe, mill, grinding, polishing, fitting, etc. and then continued to perfect his craft, he could be one of the best.

It depends on the specific program and what the person was exposed to.

I know guys with DECADES "in the business" that never got off the lathe,  that sit their asses on stools and push buttons all day, that after years of "machining" can't sharpen a drill or a tool bit, can't walk over to a manual lathe and cut simple threads, can't form grind, cant fit up mating parts for shit, don't understand tolerances or tolerance stacking, etc.  

All depends...........

ETA:  so, if your asking me if someone can walk into the machining field with no formal education and become very good at it, the answer is yes, they certainly can.  I have trained a few that turned out to be outstanding ..... and some that ain't worth a shit.
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 1:06:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Jessie James FU?
View Quote

I am glad I wasn't the only one who noticed that!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 1:14:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

What relationship would that have to jesse james building bling bling guns on a reality show?

It's hilarious that people think that making custom motorcycle parts or running a batch of belt buckles on a CNC machine is the high frontier of metal crafting.

It's baby stuff.

What's impressive is the kind of work done for aerospace fabrication.  Like for those 15 million dollar jet engines.  Those giant turbine blades run at 2900F and spin at tens of thousands of RPMs

Now that's metalworking

Even regular metal fabrication shops can grind parts to micron level finishes and hold manufacturing tolerances to ± .00001 inch on production items.

I think you guys are just slightly overestimating the usefulness of big bloppy auto shop welds in firearm manufacturing.

and slightly underestimating the importance of celebrity bling bling in this particular case
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's baby stuff.

Now that's metalworking

I think you got to many zeros there for "production" work.  I've done a lot of close tolerance work but that's some tolerance you have there.
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 1:16:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Dipper,I was referring to Eugene Stoner,he didn't start off in the firearms business either.He seems to have done alright.
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 1:23:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Dipper,I was referring to Eugene Stoner,he didn't start off in the firearms business either.He seems to have done alright.
View Quote

Did he actually fabricate parts and assemble rifles or was he a designer/engineer??  Either way, I said yes, if you get in with the right company, you can become very good.

In fact, this is the Japanese approach. Their "college" is actually high school..... that is why high school educations are so competitive in Japan.

After graduating HS, Honda, Nissan, etc.  hire the most promising students and teach them "on the job".

I kind of think it is a great approach.

But again, my contribution to this thread was to point out that a custom bike builders talents does not translate into someone who is skilled in firearms manufacture..... different skill set and knowledge base.

Link Posted: 10/31/2013 1:26:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

ARFCOM Post of the Year!!!!

Link Posted: 10/31/2013 1:26:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Silly inkies
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 1:34:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Unlike so many here on GD, I'll withold judgement till I see something.
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 1:38:01 PM EDT
[#26]
I bet there will be a tv show about it, because well that's what he does.

Anyway, I would not be surprised if it comes out he did a internship with STI before doing this.

I doubt STI would be involved with him if they didn't think it would work. I don't think STI would get in bed with just anybody.

I have been wrong before though.
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 1:41:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

How about a guy with no degree who went into the aerospace industry right after high school?ETA starting at the bottom?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was a tech then a apprentice engineer working on the international space station project back in 1996. Parts that I made myself at age 19 are now up in space working everyday. I know enough to tell you guy’s Jesse know’s his shit and the majority of you guy’s bagging on him have not a fucking clue what you’re talking about.
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 1:49:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Haters gonna hate
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 1:52:37 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I was a tech then a apprentice engineer working on the international space station project back in 1996. Parts that I made myself at age 19 are now up in space working everyday. I know enough to tell you guy’s Jesse know’s his shit and the majority of you guy’s bagging on him have not a fucking clue what you’re talking about.
View Quote

LOL!!  You sound like a boss I had many years ago..... he built the Lunar Lander for the Apollo missions.  Fucking guy didn't know if his ass was bored or punched!!  LOL!!  We had more fun with that guy ..... should have been illegal.

Thanks for the laughs!!
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 1:54:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I bet there will be a tv show about it, because well that's what he does.

Anyway, I would not be surprised if it comes out he did a internship with STI before doing this.

I doubt STI would be involved with him if they didn't think it would work. I don't think STI would get in bed with just anybody.

I have been wrong before though.
View Quote

More than likely STI sent guys over to get him set up and running and to train some operators for his equipment.
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 1:54:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

LOL!!  You sound like a boss I had many years ago..... he built the Lunar Lander for the Apollo missions.  Fucking guy didn't know if his ass was bored or punched!!  LOL!!  We had more fun with that guy ..... should have been illegal.

Thanks for the laughs!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for the laughs!!

Enlighten us with your accomplishments?
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 2:02:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Awesome.
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 2:05:11 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
View Quote

So, you built a shelf.

Link Posted: 10/31/2013 2:10:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

So, you built a shelf.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, you built a shelf.

Lol! Environmental control systems and central birthing mechanisms.

Link Posted: 10/31/2013 2:20:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for the laughs!!

Ah, I'm just a grumpy old toolmaker that made some tooling for some PM parts and a couple of molds for the plastic injection industry..... As far as I know nothing I have made is in space...... nothing compared to what you have done.
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 2:22:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Ah, I'm just...grumpy.....
View Quote

Broke it down to the essentials for ya.

Link Posted: 10/31/2013 2:23:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Lol! Environmental control systems and central birthing mechanisms.

View Quote

Is that code for women's parts?
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 2:28:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

So, you built a shelf.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, you built a shelf.

Bazinga.
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 2:39:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

So, you built a shelf.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, you built a shelf.

I've worked on missile defense systems..I'm a rocket scientist.
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 2:40:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Good for him. It will be interesting to see his take on the 1911 and AR

All of you "but he cheated on Sandra Bullock" types are fucking hilarious. Mind your own damn business.

Link Posted: 10/31/2013 2:46:18 PM EDT
[#41]

He carries a silver drink platter around with him every day.  Dayum!  
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 3:12:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Ah, I'm just a grumpy old toolmaker that made some tooling for some PM parts and a couple of molds for the plastic injection industry..... As far as I know nothing I have made is in space...... nothing compared to what you have done.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for the laughs!!

Much respect sir. I learned a lot from old salty guys like yourself. They had me running a Bridgeport at 14.
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 3:14:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Much respect sir. I learned a lot from old salty guys like yourself. They had me running a Bridgeport at 14.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for the laughs!!

Thanks.  I started at 17..... jeez, seems like a lifetime ago. Well, I guess it is.
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 3:15:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Haters gunna hate

I sold him an air compressor with some filtration and a dryer at WCC several years ago

Nice guy, surprisingly humble.  Paid cash too!
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 3:43:33 PM EDT
[#45]
he builds some wicked bikes..is a hell of a fabricator. i'd like to see some of em as long as its not" ed hardied" the fuck out.
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 3:50:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

This. He can actually fabricate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll buy a Jesse James gun before I'll ever buy a Red Jacket gun.

This. He can actually fabricate.

lol...I agree
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 3:51:01 PM EDT
[#47]
I can't believe some of the bs I'm reading about Jesse not being a fabricator or machinist. Anyone who says that obviously is partially fucking retarded. The man completely re engineers motors with way tighter tolerances and moving parts than any 1911, and you think he can't build a 1911 with quality like that? People will talk shit regardless of its the best or worse gun ever made. When you think about it he likes bikes, hotrods, guns and hot bitches everything all of us like and people complain. WTF!
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 3:57:26 PM EDT
[#48]
I know nothing about machining or gun making or what JJ's role will be at wherever he is working.
Like him or not he had a certain style, may not be your style or mine for that matter but he has figured out a way to market himself.
I say more power to him.
I'm curious to see what he produces, won't buy anything more than likely but doesn't hurt to look and follow along.
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 4:02:19 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm waiting for the Paul Jr. line of tactical shotguns..... fingers crossed!!
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 4:12:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for the laughs!!

we had a Bridgeport in the Garage at home by the time I was 14. 25 now.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top