Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/16/2002 10:21:25 PM EDT
 Just curious
I'm dating and searching for the right woman and just curious if any of you find yourselves interested in a woman and realize that she is trying to save world and wonder if it has worked for you.  I am thirty-three and have experienced quit a lot in my short existence and feel as if I should have the answer to this delimea.  I find myself surrounded by young professional woman and even down here in the South find that most of the attractive ladies that are educated are extremely Liberal.
I am able to cope with some of the issues(hell everybody is entitled to their own opinion).  I'm just tired of footing the bill for the people that are to lazy to get off their ass and do something about it!!  I am also not afraid to disagree with people against the right to bear arms.  I do not agree with certain types of relationships and mixing but I keep that to myself amongst the people I know that do!!  That's their business and their gig.  I'm sharing this with you out of frustration over most of the woman I know wanting to try and make a difference in a world that will never be this Utopia that they all dream of.  I've seen Third World countries  and know for a fact that there is no perfect world and/or ever will be a perfect society.  Their are numerous woman that I'm attracted to but unfortunately for me they are mainly liberal!! Yes these are woman that are typically younger than I but there has to be a medium involved somewhwere! What's happened?  Most of my opinions are based on my own experiences in life.  I grew up thinking that things where always going to go my way but all of a sudden reality smacks you in the face and one realizes why he/she feels the way they do.  Sorry to vent but definately curious to you guys and what you think.  Can it work if I date a woman that wants to change the world!  Personally I don't think so.  Maybey I've answered my own question????????
Gemologist[x]
BLOAT
Buy Lots Of Ammo Today
Link Posted: 11/16/2002 10:46:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/16/2002 11:13:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Doublefeed- I would have to say that Dallas and Houston have some of the most gorgeous woman I've ever met.  I had the pleasure of living in Dallas for three and a half years, 97-2000 and had more fun on a personal level than any other city I've lived in including San Diego, NYC and Atlanta.  I actually have an "old friend" from Dallas flying in on the 19th for a long weekend[:D] and yes she's Conservative!!!  God Bless The Lone Star State!!!!
Link Posted: 11/16/2002 11:33:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/16/2002 11:53:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Shadowblade- I defiantly have trouble agreeing with something I don't believe in.  That comes from my Father's side of the family. I could not marry a woman that would vote for "AL"  or GOD help us "Billy Boy", and would not consider an anti-gunner at all. I would just scare them off anyway.  They would open my closet or safe and think they were involved with one of the guys from the movie HEAT.  You know its funny, I read these magazines occasionally and they say to women "avoid men that talk about their guns".  Shit that's second nature for a man.  I can talk about anything, politics, world economics, whatever.  Why the Hell can't I talk about my rights as a law abiding gun owner?  I have definitely ended a few conversations solely on guns and the right to bear them!!
Gemologist[x]
BLOAT
Buy Lots Of Ammo Today
ps. I always try to get in their pants before bringing up the topic of high capacity magazines[:D]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/17/2002 12:01:33 AM EDT
[#5]
It can work if you let her be on top all the time. [:P]
Link Posted: 11/17/2002 1:33:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Move To Texas or Arizona.
Yes, you answered your own question.
The only way it would work is if the woman shuts her mouth when the man brings home another huge black gun, and the man shuts his mouth when the woman campigns for a democratic politician whose main issues are taxing people who cared to work for their money and banning guns.
It will especially suck when the women tells you that guns should be restricted FOR THE CHILDREN and maintains a pro-abortion position, while telling you that your right to choose doesn't matter.
Kick her to the curb while you still can.
View Quote

That was a brilliant analogy.
May I use it?
Link Posted: 11/17/2002 1:43:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/17/2002 5:19:22 AM EDT
[#8]
It didn't work for me. [:(]
Link Posted: 11/17/2002 5:21:00 AM EDT
[#9]
My parents have for 35 years as of last week.

Link Posted: 11/17/2002 5:48:45 AM EDT
[#10]
The only time a conservative and a liberal will work is for sex.

Any long term relationship will only help to bring out the stark differences in your worldviews.  And usually by the time you're an adult, these beliefs are hard wired into our personalities and are not subject to change.

I would say, don't waste your time.

Now, on the other hand, the relationship is only for intense, political ideology sex...then go for it.  Speaking from experience, these "relationships" last about 2-3 weeks.  But MAN, what a ride!
Link Posted: 11/17/2002 6:13:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 12:18:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Only if she swallows....
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 12:25:59 AM EDT
[#13]
I'd say Yes*, so long as fundamentally thier a rational person who can see your point of view and vice versa.

*Caution, poster of this opinion is Celibate and has never been on a date.
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 12:31:06 AM EDT
[#14]
He'll work, she'll whine till she gets welfare.  
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 12:37:22 AM EDT
[#15]
James Carville is still married.
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 3:08:31 AM EDT
[#16]
I've been married to the daughter of a hippie couple for over 7 years now.  Her family voted for Nader!!!! I'm a conservative from the south. My wife cried when the first "black rifle" came home (a pre-ban G1 type FAL).  She's since gotten over the gun thing by instituting a "don't ask don't tell" policy.  Little does she know the Liberty safe is completely full and I've got 3 G3 kits to build (among others). Anyway, it works for us and I know that she has made a major shift to the right (she voted for Bush) but still maitains some liberal tendancies.
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 3:58:30 AM EDT
[#17]
My gal was one of those lib types when I met her. After a few years she is as pro-gun as I am, this last weekend she even went hunting with me. She didn't shoot but seeing as I am half deaf she acted as my ears and together we got two deer on opening day, she even mentioned next year she wants get a tag and try it herself!
I guess what I want to say is sometimes the gals are the way they are because thats all they know. Sometimes exposing them to the truth can show then the light. Good luck, it's your call.
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 4:07:47 AM EDT
[#18]
My wife was the child of a hippie couple, she has her own gun, shoots and would never vote for a demopcrap, unless they were pro gun!

Liberal and conservative..only if she gets you spaded!
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 4:20:18 AM EDT
[#19]
My wife is extremely liberal.  She supports liberal politicians and works at UNC in Chapel Hill (enough said).  However, so far it seems to work just fine.  Live and let live.  And if she does not like the NRA sticker on my car, she can take her own!
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 4:20:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Not in my mind.

I couldn't live with a flaming lib.

I know it happens in real life, but I think these folks surrender their views and ignore each other's, or someone knuckles under the most.  I don't believe a "don't ask, don't tell" policy is healthy for a marriage.  

Where are the values?  If you can't live by your values, where are you?  What happens when you wife wants an abortion because the pregnancy impacts her career too much?

How can you respect someone that believes the opposite of you, yet we all know they can't even defend those views, all they can do is resort to tantrums and emotion.
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 4:38:38 AM EDT
[#21]
It [b]might[/b] work, but it will take some work on both your parts.  The hard part is, that you MUST win in order to be able to retain your RKBA.

You need to win her over and TEACH her that liberalism is a failed utopian philosophy loosely based upon communism.  You must point out that liberalism has as its core pillars, class warfare and [failed] economical and social policies.  This will take time but you can win...IF and this is a big IF, she has at least one logical brain cell remaining in her brainwashed skull.

Watch only Fox news.  Lose the NY Times, LA Times, Washington Post.  Few papers tell the truth any more.  Washington Times is one.

Become a member of the NRA.  Learn the United States Constitution COLD!  Study the world history of why our founding fathers decided to include the Second Amendment in the Constitution.  Acquire certain books on RKBA like Dr. John Lott's, "More Guns, Less Crime".  Point out to her the disgraced, liberal-liar Dr. Bellesiles and his POS anti-gun book on guns...and make sure she understands the daily lies that are to be found in the media.

Every time she says that guns kill people...correct her.  (I did this to my anti sister-in-law.  I put a loaded and locked P-99 on the coffee table, watched her FREAK and explained the 10,000 year rule to her...that without human intervention, that pistol would sit there for all that time and NEVER shoot a person!.)

Take her to the range.  Teach her how she can really protect herself against bad guys in an emergency rather than becoming meltdown crime stat.

Stay logical; logic is the enemy of liberals because they FEEL...they don't THINK.

Point out to her constantly how the major media is WAY liberal and biased against all guns and gun owners.  Showing her the liberal bias in the media is the most important step in the conversion of a liberal into a free-thinking conservative person.  Point out to her the importance of gun ownership in the history of our country.

Education is the answer.  If she is at all receptive, you might make a go of it.  You will always have to fight off the evil influence of her liberal friends and family...but you might reach a decent level of existence one day.

Finally, this process is going to take some time...maybe years.  Is it worth it to you?

Good Luck!
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 6:11:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Thanks for all the replies-
Not looking get married tommorow or anything just dating around and finding the wrong women I guess.  There are many issues that bother me about the "Libs" so I believe I'll be dating for awhile and continuing my search for a woman like Ann Coulter.  She makes my blood run FAST!!!  Thanks again folks..plenty of food for thought.
Gemologist[x]
BLOAT
Buy Lots Of Ammo Today
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 6:27:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Works for Arnold
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 6:32:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Run, Forrest, Run!!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 6:33:18 AM EDT
[#25]
A liberal women in TN? That makes my blood run cold!
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 6:39:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Keep looking and some day, maybe, you'll trip over a conservative gal whose daddy raised her right.
I've converted my liberal wife, but she was older and more open to change.
Took her shooting about a week ago and she enjoyed it. The liberal feminist step-daughters would have hissy fits to see the targets their mom shot. I have corrupted their parent.
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 6:44:35 AM EDT
[#27]
ARgon-
Yea liberal woman are all around the Nashville area. These Vandy women/grads are mainly liberal.  The last one was a pharmacist at a local hospital and after 5 minutes of conversation I began to realize that if I didn't keep my mouth shut I'd probably get a drink in the face.  All she wanted to talk about was the suppression of "our poor people" and I thought I was going to puke.  I smiled and ordered her another bottle of wine in hopes of getting her a little more RELAXED!!
My ex was raised properly by a Northern Conservative family and even stayed up the entire Presidential election night to root on Bush!!!
Needless to say I'm still searching.
Gemologist[x]
BLOAT
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 6:54:48 AM EDT
[#28]
Never...too much friction...but if you like friction, well that works just great.[:D]
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 7:21:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Gemologist

"Can it
                         work if I date a woman that wants to change the world! "

This is pretty much the fault line between conservatives and liberals.  Liberals will never stop trying to change the world and ALL the people in it.  Conservatives believe in freedom and the rule of law and hope people will act in their own self-interest within these two principles.  It does not surprise a conservative that some people go bad.  Somehow these same bad people are a challenge to liberals who believe they can perfect mankind, given enough time and money.  Sounds kinda god-like to me.
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 9:41:14 AM EDT
[#30]
I dated a super liberal woman for a while, and it didn't work out.  We got along for the most part.  We disagreed on many things politically, but still had a good relationship.  She never used her head to think about things, it was always how she felt.  Despite this, I still feel it can work if the right two people are involved.  My folks are a perfect example of this, married 24 years and still going strong.
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 10:00:04 AM EDT
[#31]
Yes...

It is working for me, and everyday our relationship get better.

BUT,
We both gave Alcohol-

Alittle wine andt the fur fly's.
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 12:18:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Yes, 2 years now. Not married, but are serious. Just take her shooting, Liberalness goes away.
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 12:19:08 PM EDT
[#33]
It depends how long you can tolerate illogic and lack of personal responsibility from the other person.  In my case...no it doesn't work!
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 12:34:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Sure does depend on how tolerant of differing opinions each of you are.

I would not start off dating someone who I disagreed with about everything; that would be kind of silly, UNLESS the two of you can enjoy the lively discussions needed to work things out.

Expecting someone to change is also a mistake.

Having said all that, if you are lucky enough to find someone who really loves you--warts and all--you are lucky, and should try to work it out.
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 12:38:03 PM EDT
[#35]
The problem might be that if she talks to her liberal parents or girlfriends an people she works with about your collection..
Or
When the inevidible argument occurs...she doesnt call the cops on a domestic disturbance...

As you dont get to confront the witness against you..and even though its a misdeamenor..you lose your firearms and the right  to posess them... "for life"...and in some states even if its your word against hers..

A gun owning man has to mighty carefull about the company he keeps in some states..
and the state of matrimony or general co-habitive housekeeping..are two of them
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 12:41:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Gemologist

"Can it
                         work if I date a woman that wants to change the world! "

This is pretty much the fault line between conservatives and liberals.  Liberals will never stop trying to change the world and ALL the people in it.  Conservatives believe in freedom and the rule of law and hope people will act in their own self-interest within these two principles.  It does not surprise a conservative that some people go bad.  Somehow these same bad people are a challenge to liberals who believe they can perfect mankind, [u]given enough time and money.[/u]  Sounds kinda god-like to me.
View Quote

Given enough of [u]of somebody elses time[/u] & [u]somebody elses money[/u] that is...:)
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 12:42:35 PM EDT
[#37]
I'll let you know in about ten years...

Seriously, I've got her to the point where she won't vote for anti-gun politicians anymore.  You should encourage her to become a classic liberal (ie libertarian) and not be fooled by the marxists who prey on her emotions and compassionate nature to achieve their ultimate goal of control.  Tell her if she wants to make a really big difference to the poor, she should help promote free markets, liberty, self-sufficiency and INDIVIDUAL rights (not collective rights).  They're the only sustainable ways to promote widespread peace and prosperity.  The rest is all bullshit.      

Never had any luck with Republican women--usually too damn religious.  Seems like the problem is not politics, it is heart-over-head decision making.  "Liberal" is not the epithet that it is commonly used as on this board you know.  You can de-program someone who has been subjected to leftist indoctrination through common sense reasoning and calm persistence.  If she doesn't respond to common sense, I don't care what political bent she has, you are in for a hell ride.    
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 1:02:13 PM EDT
[#38]
I feel your pain.  I just had a nasty little emailathon with this girl I met online.  We met in person and everything was going pretty good. I told her very early on(to be fair with her)that I like guns, own many, hunt, and am an NRA member.  She didn't seem to mind much but she did favor gun control and said it would give us something to debate about later.   Long story short.  She is wwwwwaaaaaayyy left of center and I'm am moderately right.  She is only 23 though and she has yet to see the world for what it is.  Left women and right men can get together but it is tough.  I have seen it done, but I can't pull it off.  They are told that men with guns are dangerous and should be avoided.  I say women that hate guns are immature, ignorant of the world in which they live, and are dangerous to men like us because they cause nothing but heartache.  Furthermore, liberal women IMHO tend to have more mental health issues.  Not that liberalism is the cause, but rather a symptom of deeper problems. I have only my own observations to go by on that, but to my mind the evidence speaks for itself.

P.S. I know plenty of very religious folk that are liberal.  I see religion as something partially autonomous from a woman's political leanings.  I have gone out with, for some reason, mostly catholic women and even they are all over the board on abortion.  I myself don't give a rats arse anymore.   I would like to remind all of you that just because we all share more or less the same views on gun rights in here, we all have different views on other issues such as abortion or drug laws or whatever.  Even though we are all considered conservative, that encompasses quite a wide spectrum of views.  So be careful not to speak for rest of us on non-gun topics.  And since when is the right to bear arms a Right wing issue?  Ok this really got off track.  Sorry.
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 1:35:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
ARgon-
Yea liberal woman are all around the Nashville area. These Vandy women/grads are mainly liberal.  The last one was a pharmacist at a local hospital and after 5 minutes of conversation I began to realize that if I didn't keep my mouth shut I'd probably get a drink in the face.  All she wanted to talk about was the suppression of "our poor people" and I thought I was going to puke.  I smiled and ordered her another bottle of wine in hopes of getting her a little more RELAXED!!
My ex was raised properly by a Northern Conservative family and even stayed up the entire Presidential election night to root on Bush!!!
Needless to say I'm still searching.
Gemologist[x]
BLOAT
View Quote

I haven't been to Nashville in a dog's age. My Mom died there (Baptist Memorial Hospital) in 1962. Back then it was prety conservative. Use to go just out of town and shoot guns, and ski on the River that ran through town (Cumberland or TN River?). Keep looking.
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 5:48:35 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 7:28:51 AM EDT
[#41]
I used to live in Nashville. It's still fairly conservative. I know a lot of good NFA owners there. The key is that many women are gullible and being exposed to modern academia molds them into good liberal soldiers. With a little time and common sense most can be taught the truth. They just need to realize the importance of thinking for one's self rather than being influenced by male professors promoting their own ideals. Don't jump in too fast. Her being rich would definitely tip the scales in her favor.
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 8:37:43 AM EDT
[#42]
Hot Damn..all these replies!!
Armed Response- Yes Sir..Nashville is still predominately a conservative city..its just the younger crowd that is more influenced by the Colleges and their professors that are trying to shape "THEIR" mold onto our youth.  Vanderbilt is known to be a more Conservative University...But......Get This..One of the professors for the Vanderbilt School of Divinity..(Theology) is a world renown Atheist from Germany.  How F!#%*ked up is that!!??  Talk about contradiction...and...When the Daughters of the Confederacy paid for and built The Confederacy Memorial Hall there was a clause in the contract promising NEVER to change the name of that building and the school wants to change it to "Memorial Hall"  The Daughters of the Confederacy have filed suit and have had a lot of resistance from the "LIBS" over this issue.  Just goes to show what is really going on at "VANDY". This is probably another thread all together but I just want people to know what is going on in "The 'Ville".
Gemologist[x]
BLOAT
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 8:53:02 AM EDT
[#43]
It works as long as you are both mature and pretty thick skinned...

You have to lay off the kids (if ya hav'em)

Don't have some sort of insidious battle over winning the hearts and minds of your children. They will wise up and become conservatives as they grow up...

Good luck!
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 8:53:46 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The only time a conservative and a liberal will work is for sex...

...Now, on the other hand, the relationship is only for intense, political ideology sex...then go for it.  Speaking from experience, these "relationships" last about 2-3 weeks.  But MAN, what a ride!
View Quote

[beer]

My ex-wife was a conservative, and that's probably what kept us together for as long as we were.

'nuff said.
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 9:06:56 AM EDT
[#45]
It has for 26 years going on 27 for the wife and I.
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 9:22:21 AM EDT
[#46]
My wife and I cancel each others votes during every election.

We have some rules about talking politics. When we disagree, we usually end up laughing at each other, but we respect each others position. Since my wife and I both smoke cigars and like to shoot, we don't have any serious issues to deal with.
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 9:37:12 AM EDT
[#47]
You..My Friend...are ONE LUCKY MAN!!!!
Gemologist[x]
BLOAT
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 10:12:34 AM EDT
[#48]
Well, liberal women are wilder in bed than a conservative one.  I got lucky and married a wild Republican.

Also, an anti-gun female does not always have to be liberal.  My 18-year old daughter is pretty conservative and made some comments about the Beretta I had just cleaned and had sitting on the table:

Daughter, "Is that 'thing' loaded?"
Me, "What have I taught you?"
Her, "Assume all guns are loaded unless you personally verify that it isn't" (bobbing her head back and forth, reciting it from memory)
Me, "So is that gun loaded?"
Her, "Yes (pause) I thought you didn't keep loaded guns in the house?"
Me, "I said I didn't keep a loaded gun in the house when I am not here (at the time I told them that they were very little).  I am here now and yes, it is loaded".
Her Boyfriend (who was also there and heard the whole exchange), "Cool, can I go shooting with you sometime?"
Daughter - Dirty look at boyfriend.
Me, "Sure, son."
Daughter - Dirty look at me.

She needs more work, I know.  She'll come around.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top