BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:20:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
[I received a mild venomization ( mostly a dry bite) from a Copperhead on my hand from a drunken beach episode in college. it was a very weak bite ( but fully fanged into my hand) and was in excellent physical condition and all I got was a T-shirt and a round of antibiotics which chances are I could have lived without. this is certainly not the case of someone who goes mano y serpent with a Eastern Diamondback or a Black Mamba.

How bad did the initial bite hurt?  Did the pain increase past that?
View Quote

it was an aggressive, very young snake- make 8 inches long. the bite was right in the web of my thumb on my Rt hand. I t felt just like a bad wasp sting. I was hoping for a dry bite and sobered up very quickly. the burning continued and red streaks started increasing up my arm to the elbow. my hand swelled up quite a bit and turned red. swelling continued up my arm but not as bad as my hand. I immediately put my hand in a ice cooler, i threw up once, but I don't know if it was venow related or the shock of having a bastard snake attached to my hand like a scene from a bad movie knowing you just got pumped full of venom. 2nd day the arm and hand were dark red and 1.5x the size. pain was about what you'd think it would be.

most of the rattle snake bites will undergo some sort of pressure relieving procedure  normally a fasciotomy which will include opening the length of the arm or leg which is gruesome. necrosis from Hematoxin and bacterial infection is a bitch. in the old days, Amputations were done. now we will spend massive amounts of money saving the limb.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:37:30 AM EDT
[#2]
This video was posted on the site years ago:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WvnjCkLbvY

Very scary to see what Russell's viper venom does to blood.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:39:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Can a person survive a poisonous snake bite?
View Quote

Yes, probably, but the best thing is to avoid biting poisonous snakes.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 5:49:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So, the Lone Ranger and Tonto are in camp for the night and the Lone Ranger steps into the bushes to drain the lizard, a moment later he comes flying out screaming like a little girl. Tonto rushes over as the Lone Ranger falls to the ground. Tonto leans down "what wrong kemosabe?" Tonto, I've been bitten by a rattle snake right on my pecker. I need you to run into town and find out from the doctor what to do. So Tonto jumps on his faithful horse Scout and races into town where the doctor tells him how to treat snake bite, then races back to his masked friend. He reaches the masked man just in time as it's clear he is weakening quickly. Tonto, did you find the doctor? What did he say? Tonto looks down at the masked mans injury and then back to his face, In a grave sorrowful voice, Tonto says " doctor say, you gonna die kemosabe"

View Quote

When I started reading this post this was in my mind.Great minds think alike.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top