Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/15/2002 4:55:05 AM EDT
My 8 yr. old daughter has been really excited about firearms lately since i got her a Henry 22 mini-bolt. However last tuesday, her school assignment was to write a story about a turkey. It was actually a PC/crappy thing to ask school children since Thanksgiving and turkey feasting is just around the corner. They were asked to write about an imaginary turkey and highlight some activities they did with the bird. My wife set my kid up and told her to get started and that her work will be checked later. This is what she [O:)] wrote:

[violet][i]First you get a gun so the turkey will be dead. Then you eat the turkey. It will be good turkey. Get the turkey. You will like it. That's my story.[/i][/violet]

Needless to say i'm keeping her original work, although she had to write something different to fullfill her homework requirements.
DD
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 4:57:12 AM EDT
[#1]
*sigh* [:)]
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 5:06:09 AM EDT
[#2]
ah, yes out of the mouth of babes.
at the start of second grade when ask what i did for summer vacation  i said i "i killed and ate little woodland creatures".
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 5:14:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 6:45:17 AM EDT
[#4]
308wood - I'm still looking for that sticker - "I love animals, they're delicious"[:D]

82nd - Proactive attitude, I like it!!

P806 - Yup. We are heading to the NRA range this weekend(hopefully)

DD
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 7:01:40 AM EDT
[#5]
I can only imagine what would happen if she actually turned that in.  They would expell her for talking about guns and killing things then contact CPS and have her removed from your home!  I would shred that document and dispose of the evidence.  Sad state of affairs we are in today.[whacko]
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 10:02:51 AM EDT
[#6]
What's wrong with that story?
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 3:14:07 PM EDT
[#7]
You should be proud [:D]
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 3:47:12 PM EDT
[#8]
So, she prefers free-range (wild) turkey, free of chemicals. Thats a good politically correct thing, isn't it?
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 6:13:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So, she prefers free-range (wild) turkey, free of chemicals. Thats a good politically correct thing, isn't it?
View Quote

yup, just like the pregnant pigs in FL LOL.

Ubad - proud and devoted dad i am

2Whiskey - hopefully not in this school. In fact my wife did share the original story to my kid's teacher today and the teach said that she would have accepted it. She just won't read it to the rest of the class.[B)]
DD
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 7:24:32 PM EDT
[#10]
dd & 82nd are raising their kids right! [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top