Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/15/2002 3:54:35 AM EDT
[url]http://www.gopbi.com/partners/pbpost/includes/image_large.html[/url]

I felt bad for this woman, now I just wish her and her scum-sucking lawyer would just go to hell.
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 4:11:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 4:11:41 AM EDT
[#2]
from the article...

"Valor Corp. was negligent for not supplying a lock with the tiny.25-caliber pistol, but the gun itself was not defective, the all-female jury said in a 6-0 decision."

Link Posted: 11/15/2002 4:23:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
from the article...

"Valor Corp. was negligent for not supplying a lock with the tiny.25-caliber pistol, but the gun itself was not defective, the all-female jury said in a 6-0 decision."

View Quote

And if they had supplied a lock the money hungry bastards/bwitch would be complaining about the lack of a loaded cartridge chamber indicator or no smart chip or some crap.

I heard that jeffrey fagger lawyer talk about how the school district is responsible because they let him come to the school with a gun.  Ya he waved it in the principal's face and said I'm coming in with a gun.

I too hope she chokes on something.  Preferably a jumbo sized Mediterranean olive.
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 4:26:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Any chance for an appeal?
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 4:26:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I heard that jeffrey fagger lawyer talk about how the school district is responsible because they let him come to the school with a gun.  Ya he waved it in the principal's face and said I'm coming in with a gun.
View Quote

Actually, he kind of did.  He had apparently been bragging for some time that he had access to a gun and would bring it to school.
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 4:28:55 AM EDT
[#6]

Actually they were only 5% liable. The school board and the owners of the STOLEN gun were largely liable. The 5% came up to 1.2 million. but thats 1.2 too much. The owner of the STOLEN gun had it hidden, but the fool THAT STOLE AND USED IT WAS HELD NOT LIABLE.

This has to be overturned on appeal.   fullclip
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 4:33:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Valor Corp. is to pay 1.2 million
The school board is to pay 10.8 million
The family 'friend' is to pay 12 million
And...

the little darling Nathaniel Brazill took the 5th.
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 4:33:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Actually they were only 5% liable. The school board and the owners of the STOLEN gun were largely liable. The 5% came up to 1.2 million. but thats 1.2 too much. The owner of the STOLEN gun had it hidden, but the fool THAT STOLE AND USED IT WAS HELD NOT LIABLE.

This has to be overturned on appeal.   fullclip
View Quote

I am not a lawyer by any means (thank God), but I believe that Valor was the only one named in the lawsuit, and as such the other "responsible" parties won't pay squat.  Like anyone buying a Raven has a spare $12mil laying around.  The jury decided for themselves that parties not named in the lawsuit were also liable, but since those other parties aren't named, Valor becomes responsible.

I also believe that Florida passed a law a couple of years ago barring lawsuits against gun makers, hence the lawsuit against the distributor.
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 4:35:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Actually, he kind of did.  He had apparently been bragging for some time that he had access to a gun and would bring it to school.
View Quote

I didn't know that but I still don't think they should have to pay shit.  And just like the police say, they can't do anything until someone actually does something.  

And how the hell is the gun dude gonna pay $12,000,000.00?  F-that, if some ahole jury told me to pay someone $12,000,000.00 I would give them a double finger and move.
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 4:42:26 AM EDT
[#10]

I believe that the maker of the gun is out of business, hence the suit on the distributor. Still,THE SHOOTER IS HELD NOT LIABLE. When will the sheeple learn..... fullclip
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 4:45:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
from the article...

View Quote

Hey some places force you to buy a lock if the gun don't come with one.  So I take it anyone filing a POS suit in one of those areas is  SOL?  Or will those crafty aholes come up with more BS.  Hell we already know the answer.
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 4:51:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 4:56:32 AM EDT
[#13]
My day had started off well. The old boss is gone (permanently). The interim one is talking a good talk. The weather is perfect. The kids are happy. And, the coffee is good.

Then, I read some crap like this. My day is shot. As the guy in the elevator responded when I asked if anything good happened in the world yet today, "Nope. And not f-ing likely to either."
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 5:19:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Whose idea was it to pick an all female jury?
View Quote

Ya think maybe it was a lawyer...maybe? [rolleyes]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top