Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/13/2002 7:36:23 PM EDT
Took a physical at MEPS this morning.  Went to vision screening and start reading the lines in the little machine and find that my left eye was not as sharp as my right!  So the guy gives me this little paddle with tiny holes to look through with my weaker eye and like magic everything was as clear as day!  I ask what was up he says the eye is not weak but "distracted"?  He says because we all are dominant in one eye(this I kinda understand)but I had this done before and didn't have to look into that paddle.  Anyway physical was good and vision is 20/15 right eye and there was 2 different values for my left eye, 20/20 and 20/25 with something scribbled over the readings.  He expained further since I'm right eye dominant and my left eye is subordinate I am collectively 20/15 overall.  He said very accute and unusual.  When I physicaled for active when I was 18 I had 20/15 in both eyes I guess age(31) is starting to rear her head!  So The question is, why does my left eye focus correctly when I look into those tiny holes?  

Oh, it was for the Naval Reserve.
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 7:53:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I am sorry to be the one to have to break this to you but: You are going to die. Fix up all your lose ends, I would not give you more than 2 weeks.

Rickyj MD, DDS, OD, PharmD
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 7:54:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 8:12:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 8:22:57 PM EDT
[#4]
AR15.com has got to be the site with the most abundant and diverse wealth of knowledge on the web!

I guess I don't need glasses.... yet, lol!  I was curious about the little tiny hole thingy!

Thanx mojo!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top