Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/12/2002 10:08:55 PM EDT
this coming year?  How are they making it harder?  Are gun makers still going to sell guns or what?  What's the scoop?
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 10:12:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I do not know. But here in NJ the fun is just begining. S890 was passed and it is a warning of things to come.
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 10:14:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Come beginning of the year you have to give em a urine sample.  Be sure to give it to them in their face.
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 10:23:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Go here for answers: [url]www.calguns.net[/url]
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 10:31:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Guns are still being sold in that sorry excuse for a state? Caulking guns and timing guns should be the only things allowed there.
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 11:14:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Guns are still being sold in that sorry excuse for a state? Caulking guns and timing guns should be the only things allowed there.
View Quote

LOL!  Don't you mean cocking guns?  Caulking gusn have a protruding pistol grip.
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 11:17:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Effective January 1, 2003, replaces the Basic Firearm Safety Certificate (BFSC) Program with the Handgun Safety Certificate (HSC) Program. To obtain an HSC, an applicant must be at least 18 years of age and pass a written test administered by a DOJ-certified instructor. The DOJ is required to produce HSC instructional materials in English and in Spanish. Once an HSC is issued by a DOJ- certified instructor, it is valid for five years. Test applicants will be subject to a DOJ fee of $15 and a instructor service fee of up to $10, for a total HSC fee not to exceed $25. Prior to January 1, 2003, the maximum BFSC fee is $20 (PC 12800-12808).

Effective January 1, 2003, provides that no firearms dealer may deliver a handgun unless the recipient has a valid HSC or is exempt (pursuant to PC section 12807) from the HSC requirement. The firearms dealer is required to retain a photocopy of the handgun recipient’s HSC as proof of compliance. Any firearms dealer who fails to comply may be removed from the Centralized List of Firearms Dealers and punished by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one year or in state prison, or by a fine not to exceed one thousand dollars ($1,000). With specified exceptions, any loan of a handgun requires that the recipient has a valid HSC. Failure to comply is a misdemeanor (PC 12072 (c) (5)(B).

Effective January 1, 2003, provides that no firearms dealer may deliver a handgun without first requiring the recipient of that handgun to correctly and properly perform a safe handling demonstration with that handgun. The firearms dealer is required to retain an affidavit signed by himself/herself and the handgun recipient as proof of compliance. Failure to comply may result in removal of the firearms dealer from the Centralized List of Firearms Dealers. Persons who are exempt for the HSC requirement are also exempt from the safety handling demonstration requirements (PC 12071(b)(8).

Effective January 1, 2003, requires each person taking delivery of a firearm from a firearms dealer to provide his/her right thumbprint on the Dealers Record of Sale form (PC 12077).

Effective January 1, 2003 requires each firearms dealer delivering a handgun to obtain proof of residency from the handgun recipient. Satisfactory proof of residency may include a utility bill from within the three months prior to the delivery, a residential lease, a property deed, military permanent duty station orders indicating assignment within this state, or other evidence of residency as permitted by the DOJ. The firearms dealer is required to retain the residency documentation as proof of compliance. Failure to comply may result in removal of the firearms dealer from the Centralized List of Firearms Dealers (PC 12071 (b)(8) (C).

Effective January 1, 2003, requires all firearms dealers to report all Dealers Record of Sale transactions electronically via computer. Telephone reporting will no longer be an option. The DOJ will provide necessary equipment to firearms dealers for electronic reporting. The firearm recipient’s identification number, name, and date of birth will be obtained by running the recipient’s identification card or driver’s license through a magnetic strip read er. Exceptions will be made for military identification cards (PC 12077).
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 11:26:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Now's the time to do your shopping.
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 11:49:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

You better believe it pal!

[img]http://www.robarm.com/images/M96%20CA%20700.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.robarm.com/images/BJ%20CA%20M96.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 12:44:49 AM EDT
[#9]
You forgot a couple:

Effective January 1, 2003,
 Requires all firearms dealers to have buyers of any firearm leave a 10 digit fingerprint record, a retinal scan, a DNA sample, a hair sample and a video tape of the customer wearing no clothing, turning in a complete circle and speaking the letters of the english alphabet slowly for each firearm purchase and for the actual reciept of the firearm.

Before the firearm recipient is allowed to purchase or recieve a firearm in the State an identification number consisting of the firearm recipient's name, date of birth, place of birth, mothers maiden name, income, religion, political party, race and zip code will be digitized and then laser etched in a specific code, upon the firearm recipient's left arm, approxmatly 4 inches above the left wrist.

Before a firearm recipient can purchase or recieve a firearm in the state the firearm recipient’s identification number, obtained by scanning the laser etched identification mark will be verified by the recipient’s identification card or driver’s license through a magnetic strip reader and once again be verified by the DOJ computer system.

Link Posted: 11/13/2002 1:06:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Now's the time to do your shopping.
View Quote

I know! I know!  But I'm trying to buy AR related stuff at the moment.  Sheesh, I have two AR's, but no guns!  I think I need to invest in a pistol soon...toss up between a Sig-Sauer in .40 or a nice Springfield or Para .45.

I like the feeling of knowing I have 10 rounds instead of six.  The Para is kinda heavy, but it does offer mucho punch with the .45.  

Decisions, decisions...
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 2:37:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Handgun Safety Certificate (HSC) Program, I don't belive anyone is setup to issue HSCs yet.  This means no handgun sales next year, and a way to force gun stores out of business.
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 3:41:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 3:50:01 PM EDT
[#13]
WOW SeaDweller,
That looks a lot safer than a pistol grip!
[:D]

Link Posted: 11/13/2002 4:32:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 4:51:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Handgun Safety Certificate (HSC) Program, I don't belive anyone is setup to issue HSCs yet.  This means no handgun sales next year, and a way to force gun stores out of business.
View Quote

Dealers have already been going through the trainings so I think they will be all set.  Just a question if they will have any buyers.
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 5:03:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

You better believe it pal!

[url]http://www.robarm.com/images/M96%20CA%20700.jpg[/url]

[url]http://www.robarm.com/images/BJ%20CA%20M96.jpg[/url]
View Quote

someone needs to photoshop some california handcuffs on the arms
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 5:23:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Here's another little factoid on this I recently discovered...

I was talking to the HCS instructor at one of my local FFLs, and did you know that in the event of another "rampage," the victim's family will have the legal right to go after the individual that issued the HCS?  No shit!  Of course, this is someone that must be trained AND certified by the State, but the State won't take responsibility for the training and certification...

Now's the time to storm Sacramento!

FFZ
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 8:46:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
WOW SeaDweller,
That looks a lot safer than a pistol grip!
[:D]

View Quote

Ya, it doesn't even look like a weapon anymore.  But I do believe that grip screw can land you in big doo doo.

I didn't Photoshop that pic either, it's the  Kommiefornia version of the M96.

[url]http://www.robarm.com/m96_california_recon_carbine.htm[/url]

The green one looks cool.
[img]http://www.robarm.com/images/M96_Recon_Olive_copy.jpg[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top