Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/11/2002 8:05:24 PM EDT
Have several boxes of toast 'ems (a pop tart clone) sitting in the basement for the past year. They're at least 13 months old. No expiration date on the package. Anybody know how long these things last??? I mean, 'before they can kill me' last, not 'how long before they dissolve into nothing' last.
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 9:09:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I think if they are in the sealed packaging they should last quite awhile. Open them, and see if they are rancid, if they are not, you can probably eat them. I think there is a 800 number on the side of the box, you may want to contact the mfgr and see what the bimbo on the other end has to say.
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 9:14:30 PM EDT
[#2]
With my experience in retail management I would think the shelf life is approx. 2 years. See if there is a julian code on the box. I had a similiar scare the other day when I discovered two salami and provolone sandwiches that were sitting in the bedroom for a day and a half.
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 9:38:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, whatever happened to that? Did you eat it???

(Here I am asking for an update on two salami and ham sandwhichs. What has happened to my life???)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top