Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/11/2002 7:25:59 AM EDT
I can't find what I'm looking for.  I'm going before our county board of supervisors tomorrow night, and I would like some numbers to help make my point.  I'm trying to find out how long crimes generally last.  For example, I've heard that the average aggravated assault lasts only 45 seconds.  Sounds reasonable, but I don't want to make these statements unless I can back them up.

So, things like assaults, burglaries, home invasions, car-jackings, etc. (as far as how long they last).  I've been looking for a while now, but can't really concentrate on it since I'm at work.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chimborazo

P.S. - I'll probably be using such stats again with the VA General Assembly when they're in session.
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 7:39:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Maybe something on here:

[url]http://www.fedstats.gov/programs/crime.html[/url]

I haven't looked through these stats for a while so I don't know if what you are looking for is there.

BTW, 45 Seconds is a LONG time.
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 10:29:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top