Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/11/2002 6:27:39 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 7:02:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Here on Walker's Chapel, I barely got anything. How's everyonre else?
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 7:17:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 7:23:06 AM EDT
[#3]
You had us Worried BearSlayer
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 7:37:40 AM EDT
[#4]
I have some emotional damage that I probably need to sue someone for, but other than that I'm OK.

Balming
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 7:37:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Glad to hear you are alright Beer_Slayer, Hope everyone else down your way made it through with little or no loss. You guys generated a lot of concern last night. Good to see you up this morning.
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 7:59:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 12:07:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Ok in Alabaster/Pelham. Praying for those in the carbon hill area.
I helped clean up from the storms in Jefferson count a couple of years ago, and I still can't imagine what it is these people are going through.
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 5:39:59 PM EDT
[#8]
 We woke up after going to sleep in our closet(my wife and our three dogs!)in the middle of the night. The worst had passed us, here in B'ham, thankfully. OUR lives are still unchanged, but for many others, not so, unfortunately.
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 5:43:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Ok in Calera, missed us by a least a mile, others not so lucky.
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 12:05:01 AM EDT
[#10]
I live about 15 min from AL state line in Columbus and I'm fine but a tornado ripped thru the east part of my city fucking everything up... we have a generator going and im usinga  little laptop to post this..  our power went off last night around 7:30pm and is still off...
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 12:15:11 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm ok.  I was at work in a news isolated place, so I had no idea there was a bad storm coming through.  I got off at 11 pm and drove through some very heavy rain fall and strong wind.  What area did the tornado warning cover?  I'm in Mobile.  If I had known there were tornados out, I would have stayed at work for a while longer.

USPC40

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/line.gif[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 1:03:58 AM EDT
[#12]
I wasn't home at the time (business trip). Family is doing fine thankfully. My wife said there seemed to be continuous lightning strikes and tremendous hail. The wind forced the automated garage doors open enough to turn the lights on in the garage!! [:O]

Other than that, no damage to speak of. Even the power stayed on. There was however a tornado warning in our county with the rotation center just a couple miles from our house. No touchdown, but still too close for comfort.

Balu
-- Si vis pacem para bellum! --
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 7:55:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 8:49:24 AM EDT
[#14]
We had Some 3/4 inch hail in Calera, and there were a couple of funnels aloft right over the homestead (Lightning so bright and constant I could see 'em clear as day) but other than a puckered sphincter, no damages to the PitViper Plantation.
Pit
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top