Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/10/2002 7:12:50 PM EDT

of California I mean. I have always gotten mad at you folks outside of CA, saying just leave, get out. I try not to run from a fight.

Until last week, when I accepted a job in Austin, Texas. I am a videogame designer, and Austin actually is a decent place for me to work in.

Imagine, I am going from a state that won't let me buy anymore AR15's to a state (and a local Sheriff) that thinks it is just fine for me to buy a [b]machine gun[/b] and a [b]suppressor[/b]

anyways, sorry to my fellow CA gun owners, I was with you as long as I could take it. Now I can say "Get out", "Just Leave" and join me in Austin, Tx. ;)

-psywar

Link Posted: 11/10/2002 7:20:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/10/2002 7:40:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
YEEHAW!  Hurry and get here before SAXET next weekend!
Me and DPeacher is gunna fix yew up sum good grub, yeah buddy!  Bacon Chili Onion Burgers, washed down with a Budweiser!
Yew wudn't from Texas, but yew got here as quick as yew could!
View Quote

Damn!  It looks like the draft is back on![:D]  psywar, I understand your feelings about leaving, I really do.  But as unfortunate as it is, CA is sinking like the Titanic.  DON'T think for one minute that you are quitting the fight!  You are only moving to a more advantagous position to continue fighting from!  Austin is a great town.  It is also the most liberal town in Texas, and we could use another conservative minded voter for the local issues.

Welcome to Free America!  Keep us up to date on your move status.  I know how hard it is to move here without a single local contact, and I would like to extend a helping hand if you need it.
Link Posted: 11/10/2002 7:43:25 PM EDT
[#3]
and you get to make VIDEO GAMES! for a living?
Link Posted: 11/10/2002 7:45:21 PM EDT
[#4]
don't forget to appreciate the best view of kali.... the one in the rear view mirror  [:)]

oh, you might want to stop and 'leave a little som'thin'  on the "welcome to kalif." sign as you pass.....
Link Posted: 11/10/2002 7:47:21 PM EDT
[#5]
An ex-coworker of mine just moved to Austin.

He sold his 2,200 sq/ft. house for something like $450k or $475k and had a 3,600 sq/ft. custom built house built for him outside Austin.

His job is shakey, but he has a new house. he he
Link Posted: 11/10/2002 7:50:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

anyways, sorry to my fellow CA gun owners, I was with you as long as I could take it. Now I can say "Get out", "Just Leave" and join me in Austin, Tx. ;)

-psywar

View Quote

Good luck in your new Job. And don't worry about us that remain. When/[b]IF[/b] I leave I will take down and bring the Stars & Stripes with me.

Properly folded, of course.

[;)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top