killed them for the sport of it too, never seen anything like it
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Only if it attacks your livestock, or you.

What about property damage?

AFAIK it's OK only if the property happens to be livestock. Depredation justifies a lot of things that would otherwise be illegal, including killing endangered animals.

not sure on that... this past year read tail hawks were in full force

they were destroying peoples chickens and not a thing you can do about it

other than pen the chickens up  

killed them for the sport of it too, never seen anything like it

The state issues about 300 "depredation permits" for black bears every year, sometimes for property (non-livestock) damage.

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/wildlife/hunting/bear/depredation.html

This came as a surprise - Apparently there is no possible way to legally kill ravens or crows because they are protected by FEDERAL law.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/outposts/2010/06/fish-and-game-qa-1.html

Same for hawks, eagles, etc. - the only exception I'm aware of is to native American tribes for religious purposes.

Link Posted: 9/23/2013 7:43:46 AM EDT
[#5]
well they don't have a collar, roam in and out of people's yards taking a shit and pissing everywhere...
Link Posted: 9/23/2013 7:45:24 AM EDT
[#6]
I dont live in any city limits so yeah feral animals are fair game
Link Posted: 9/23/2013 7:45:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Legal in Ohio, but you'd better be damn sure it's actually feral.

Legality aside, it's a touchy subject with some people (legal or not), so be discreet. This is one case where SSS (especially the last S) is prudent.
Link Posted: 9/23/2013 7:46:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yes, you shouldn't kill your neighbor's pets, I figured that was obvious. But if something is destroying you property or livestock and it is not someone else's property(a pet) then I can't see an issue with disposing of it in a humane manner. If the animals belong to a neighbor I'd talk to them first about what those pets were doing before I took any action. Were I live we do not have any animal control, so it is up to you to either fix it or work it out.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
unless those wandering pets are causing injury to people pets or livestock, people that would kill their neighbors' wandering pets are even bigger assholes, IMHO.

Yes, you shouldn't kill your neighbor's pets, I figured that was obvious. But if something is destroying you property or livestock and it is not someone else's property(a pet) then I can't see an issue with disposing of it in a humane manner. If the animals belong to a neighbor I'd talk to them first about what those pets were doing before I took any action. Were I live we do not have any animal control, so it is up to you to either fix it or work it out.

If you neighbors' pets are causing injury to, killing or harassing your live stock, or your family, you're free to humanely kill the animal, but you have to deal with the owners afterwards.

Feral cats are neither the property of anyone nor are they companion animals (according to Ohio law), so you're free to humanely kill them, but you have to deal with the peta crew afterwards.
Link Posted: 9/23/2013 7:55:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/23/2013 7:56:47 AM EDT
[#10]
I live in city limits, so no.
Link Posted: 9/23/2013 8:01:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I live in city limits, so no.
View Quote

Always interesting to see the differences. Not illegal to shoot in a safe manner in the little town I live in.
Link Posted: 9/23/2013 8:06:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Nuisance animal, yes.  But the police will show up unless you SSS with 22 Super Colibri.
Link Posted: 9/23/2013 8:11:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Nuisance animal, yes.  But the police will show up unless you SSS with 22 Super Colibri.
View Quote

Flamethrower during the day.

No noise, and overlooked in most city codes.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top