Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2013 1:28:19 PM EDT
Read a lot of bad about this guy on this site. Is he legit or not?
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 1:29:34 PM EDT
[#1]
He's a legit douchebag.  That's about it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 1:31:36 PM EDT
[#2]
He was no where to be found during the recall efforts.

Link Posted: 9/19/2013 1:49:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Okay, I just erased a bunch of stuff because this isn't my house and I'm trying to abide by the "no personal attacks" CoC.  But here's my experience and opinions - draw your own conclusions.

He told us (the guys who started the recall movement) that we were wasting our time, that we would fail and that we were idiots but that, for a controlling interest, he'd throw some money our way.  When we politely declined his offer (without telling him to piss up a rope), he gave an interview in the paper local to the town we launched our first recall in and stated that we were doomed to failure because our "political experience could be measured with an an egg timer".  He later gave another interview in which he claimed to have been involved.  As it turned out, he'd been chatting up the guys running the Durango committee and convincing them that we - the guys WHO STARTED IT - were "outsiders".  They separated from us, screwed up the process and failed in their bid to recall McLachlan.  Dudley provided no financial, strategic or logistical assistance but keeps sending out RMGO emails with excessive us of "we", "us" and "our" in reference to the recalls.

It's not the time you put in, it's the results you get out.  It appears to me that he's in it for his own glory and profit.  We felt duty-bound to step up because we believe in protecting our rights and those of our fellow Coloradans.  It's my opinion that If he wasn't so focused on the messenger (himself) over the message (don't fuck with our rights), Colorado wouldn't have looked like such an inviting target for the anti-gunners and we wouldn't have gone through seven months of shit just to punish two of them.  If he really wants to help, he should get the fuck out of the way and let people who actually care save our state.
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 1:54:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Okay, I just erased a bunch of stuff because this isn't my house and I'm trying to abide by the "no personal attacks" CoC.  But here's my experience and opinions - draw your own conclusions.

He told us (the guys who started the recall movement) that we were wasting our time, that we would fail and that we were idiots but that, for a controlling interest, he'd throw some money our way.  When we politely declined his offer (without telling him to piss up a rope), he gave an interview in the paper local to the town we launched our first recall in and stated that we were doomed to failure because our "political experience could be measured with an an egg timer".  He later gave another interview in which he claimed to have been involved.  As it turned out, he'd been chatting up the guys running the Durango committee and convincing them that we - the guys WHO STARTED IT - were "outsiders".  They separated from us, screwed up the process and failed in their bid to recall McLachlan.  Dudley provided no financial, strategic or logistical assistance but keeps sending out RMGO emails with excessive us of "we", "us" and "our" in reference to the recalls.

It's not the time you put in, it's the results you get out.  It appears to me that he's in it for his own glory and profit.  We felt duty-bound to step up because we believe in protecting our rights and those of our fellow Coloradans.  It's my opinion that If he wasn't so focused on the messenger (himself) over the message (don't fuck with our rights), Colorado wouldn't have looked like such an inviting target for the anti-gunners and we wouldn't have gone through seven months of shit just to punish two of them.  If he really wants to help, he should get the fuck out of the way and let people who actually care save our state.
View Quote

Unsubscribing from his bullshit emails now, thank God I never tried to join.
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 1:55:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
He's a legit douchebag.  That's about it.
View Quote

FPNI
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 1:55:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I believe Site Staff made an exception for personal attacks on Dudley Brown, il Douchebagge Supreme.
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 1:59:38 PM EDT
[#8]
So it's Dudley's fault the McLachan recall failed? I thought those guys posted here. Didn't they know better?
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 2:02:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So it's Dudley's fault the McLachan recall failed? I thought those guys posted here. Didn't they know better?
View Quote

Can't blame that one on Dudley.
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 2:02:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Close...
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 2:04:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

McLachlan is where the BFDF started.  We then expanded to try to help more groups and didn't stay on top of the local committee.  When we got into our first pissing match with Dudley over his claim to be involved, he gave us the "Who, me?" routine and said "Of course I'm involved!  I've been consulting with []" and named one of the guys on the local committee.  It went to shit shortly thereafter between us and we set sights on Morse, giving them the autonomy they wanted.  JAMES77257 can probably chime in with more detail if he's so inclined but that's the gist of it.  Dudley basically Jody'd us while we were fighting on the Front Range.

ETA: See?  James.
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 2:05:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Close...
View Quote

Feel free to correct where needed.
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 2:06:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

McLachlan is where the BFDF started.  We then expanded to try to help more groups and didn't stay on top of the local committee.  When we got into our first pissing match with Dudley over his claim to be involved, he gave us the "Who, me?" routine and said "Of course I'm involved!  I've been consulting with []" and named one of the guys on the local committee.  It went to shit shortly thereafter between us and we set sights on Morse, giving them the autonomy they wanted.  JAMES77257 can probably chime in with more detail if he's so inclined but that's the gist of it.  Dudley basically Jody'd us while we were fighting on the Front Range.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Durango committee was fucked long before Dudley stuck his little dick in the middle of it. Poor org skills, and a liberal plant fucked the McLachlan recall.
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 2:07:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Close...

Done.

I was on a call with Dudley the night we first met at the Broadmoor after the McLachlan recall was a month old (that's why I was late). He told me that we didn't know what we were doing, and that he would gladly jump in and help. I politely told him to suck a dick...maybe not so polite after all.

Link Posted: 9/19/2013 2:09:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Done.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Close...

Done.

Thanks.  This has resulted in a reduction of Dudley hate by approximately 2.3% (I've always been too quick to forgive, I know).
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 2:12:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Thanks.  This has resulted in a reduction of Dudley hate by approximately 2.3% (I've always been too quick to forgive, I know).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Close...

Done.

There is plenty of shit he actually did to hate him for.
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 2:21:38 PM EDT
[#17]
This site opened my eyes to RMGO.  That information, along with the emails proclaiming victory with the recalls when I am aware of who actually did the work make me happy to have diverted all funds to BFDF and PFR.

I'll continue to donate to i2 as well since I believe they can get some results on the lawsuit side.
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 2:25:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is a headshot.

You should write an OpEd on your experience with him and troll it to the CO papers.
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 2:31:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Dudley is member here... Or was... Maybe he will chime in

And spam you with 10,000 emails from no one you know!

Link Posted: 9/19/2013 2:32:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Here's all you need to know about Dudley Brown...

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1269051_Scam_being_run_by_the_National_Association_for_Gun_Rights.html

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1269051_Scam_being_run_by_the_National_Association_for_Gun_Rights.html
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 6:41:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you!! I am doing that as well.
Link Posted: 9/20/2013 8:00:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
This is a headshot.

You should write an OpEd on your experience with him and troll it to the CO papers.
View Quote

We'll see.  Things need to change, all over this country.  The people we've entrusted to make those changes - political parties, private organization, all of them - give no indication that they're inclined to pursue them.  We're at a point where we either need to shut up and take it or do something ourselves.
Link Posted: 9/20/2013 8:31:43 AM EDT
[#23]
WOW ! just Wow !
Link Posted: 9/20/2013 3:02:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good luck. I've unsubscribed at least a dozen times.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top