Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/7/2002 5:08:34 PM EDT
This thread from Delta Uniform has some nut talking about a protest in Chicago. The DUers are going nuts about the right wing conspiricy and how only Chicago news is reporting etc. Just thought a Chicago ARFer might be able to help.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/duforum/DCForumID60/16695.html

OMGOD..I am watching a protest out of my window right now CHGO
All of the POLICE are in a line right now stretched across Michigan Ave. They are stopping everyone even the people that work and live on my street.
It looks very controlled and there are people running and police are after them.
GD'it they will not report this.

I wish I still have my camera I could have gotten some great pictures that you guys will never see.

Huge signs that say CLASS WARFARE, NEGATIVE BUSH SIGNS.
View Quote

and this...

Isn't it funny none of the Cable Channels are showing the protest.
It's on every channel here in Chicago. We are a large city why aren't they showing this. Isn't this news?

They keep saying that they expected 20,000 people. Why aren't the news channels showing the demonstrators that are behind the baracade around the Streeterville area. Tons of people are way down the street and they are not letting them in.

Supression is the only way that this government knows how to handle things.
What you can't see isn't there even if it is.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/7/2002 9:00:18 PM EDT
[#1]
It has to do with the continuing Global Trade Talks that are being held in cities across the country. There have been other multi-day seminars in different cities (Seattle and San Francisco) that have ended in violent protests.
The Chicago police did a good job today. There was no violence. Only a couple of arrests: one was because some yahoo allegedly did something to a mounted cop's horse.
The talks are scheduled to continue for a couple of more days.
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 9:34:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

The Chicago police did a good job today. There was no violence. Only a couple of arrests: one was because some yahoo allegedly did something to a mounted cop's horse.
View Quote

I hope he didn't try to [i]mount[/i] the horse![:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top