Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 320
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 7:51:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Who fights on TuF next week? my DVR cut off early and I didn't get to see next week's matchup.
One thing about the women coaches and women fighters is my wife watches TuF now, I don't know if that is good or bad?
View Quote

I cant remember.  But in the preview for next week, it showed Sara getting upset at not getting any help in training, because the coaches are only concentrating on Julianna.

And I think its good that your wife is watching with you.  I got my ex into watching the show with me and she really got into (maybe just because of half nekkid dudes), but still, I was happy that she watched it with me.  It was fun.  

Were not together anymore, but shes watching this season, too.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 7:51:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

It's worth it just for the main event.  The other fights were also really good.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gonna have to download it, along with TUF, as usual, tomorrow morning.

You were right.  Those were some good fights!

Link Posted: 11/7/2013 7:54:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's even more impressive is that Tim Kennedy tore his quad just about a a week ago.  He said during the post fight press conference that he would have fought even if they had to bring him to the Octagon in a wheel chair.  Dude is tough as nails and him being an Army Ranger, getting a win in front of the troops had to be a HUGE moment for him.
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 7:58:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

What's even more impressive is that Tim Kennedy tore his quad just about a a week ago.  He said during the post fight press conference that he would have fought even if they had to bring him to the Octagon in a wheel chair.  Dude is tough as nails and him being an Army Ranger, getting a win in front of the troops had to be a HUGE moment for him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn, thats crazy.  I didnt really watch anything but the fights themselves.  Had to FF through a lot, because I didnt have time.

Yeah man, definitely.  You could see it in him. He was pumped.  Love seeing the troop fight shows when a military guy is fighting.  They go nuts in the crowd.  Its gotta be awesome to hear all that cheering for you.

Link Posted: 11/7/2013 8:00:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Cant wait to see Hendo and Belfort fight on Saturday.

Link Posted: 11/7/2013 8:10:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hendo lives here in town.  He just opened up another gym too.  I saw him at Coldstone a few years ago.  He's really quiet but a real friendly guy.  I've always liked him.  Unfortunately at this point I think age is his worst opponent, but he's still fun to watch no matter what and he's had a hell of a run.

I'm just pissed that he blew out his knee and missed the fight for the belt against Jones.
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 8:17:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Hendo lives here in town.  He just opened up another gym too.  I saw him at Coldstone a few years ago.  He's really quiet but a real friendly guy.  I've always liked him.  Unfortunately at this point I think age is his worst opponent, but he's still fun to watch no matter what and he's had a hell of a run.

I'm just pissed that he blew out his knee and missed the fight for the belt against Jones.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice.  Ive heard the same thing before; that hes a pretty cool normal guy.  And yeah, just today I was thinking about how longs been fighting.  Its been quite awhile.

Probably my favorite fight of his was against Bisping.  I hate that guy, so I loved seeing him get KOed and loved the second blow to the face even better.  Im not a yeller, when it comes to watching sports, but I let out a big "Fuck yeah!!!!" for that one.

Jones is the hometown hero around here.  He went to my HS.  Im a fan, but watching Gustafson make Jones work to keep his belt was awesome.  Cant wait for the rematch.  That was a really close fight.

Link Posted: 11/7/2013 8:34:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Nice.  Ive heard the same thing before; that hes a pretty cool normal guy.  And yeah, just today I was thinking about how longs been fighting.  Its been quite awhile.

Probably my favorite fight of his was against Bisping.  I hate that guy, so I loved seeing him get KOed and loved the second blow to the face even better.  Im not a yeller, when it comes to watching sports, but I let out a big "Fuck yeah!!!!" for that one.

Jones is the hometown hero around here.  He went to my HS.  Im a fan, but watching Gustafson make Jones work to keep his belt was awesome.  Cant wait for the rematch.  That was a really close fight.

View Quote

Haha, yeah I'm not much of a "vocal" fan when watching sports, but I was literally jumping up and down screaming the same thing you said.  I still think it's the best KO in UFC history.  

I'm indifferent on Jones.  I recognize that he's insanely talented, but something about his attitude rubs me the wrong way.  He's kind of smug/arrogant but on a low-key sort of way.  Can't quite describe it.
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 8:42:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Haha, yeah I'm not much of a "vocal" fan when watching sports, but I was literally jumping up and down screaming the same thing you said.  I still think it's the best KO in UFC history.  

I'm indifferent on Jones.  I recognize that he's insanely talented, but something about his attitude rubs me the wrong way.  He's kind of smug/arrogant but on a low-key sort of way.  Can't quite describe it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, I hear ya, and agree.  On a related note, you gotta see the staredown between him and Rampage at the weigh ins for one of their fights.  Jones refuses to even look at him, so Rampage turns and leans into Jones and smiles for the cameras.  It was a hilarious counter to Jones attitude.  Cant really describe the pose, but it was funny as hell.  

I generally like fighters' attitudes.  Im a fan of the Diaz brothers, if that says anything.

Link Posted: 11/7/2013 8:57:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

No, I hear ya, and agree.  On a related note, you gotta see the staredown between him and Rampage at the weigh ins for one of their fights.  Jones refuses to even look at him, so Rampage turns and leans into Jones and smiles for the cameras.  It was a hilarious counter to Jones attitude.  Cant really describe the pose, but it was funny as hell.  

I generally like fighters' attitudes.  Im a fan of the Diaz brothers, if that says anything.

View Quote

Oh man, I forgot about that one.  Dana White is cracking up in the background, Rampage is being his normal, goofy self and JJ is pissed b/c he knows he just got schooled.

Link Posted: 11/7/2013 9:10:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Oh man, I forgot about that one.  Dana White is cracking up in the background, Rampage is being his normal, goofy self and JJ is pissed b/c he knows he just got schooled.

http://i.imgur.com/FHbprg5.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/FHbprg5.gif

Yep, thats the one.  

Rampage is the man.  Dude is hilarious.

Link Posted: 11/8/2013 12:52:52 AM EDT
[#12]
I'll be at the Fox 9 card! Seriously can't wait, that card is so stacked!
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 1:02:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'll be at the Fox 9 card! Seriously can't wait, that card is so stacked!
View Quote

Stacked card is damn right!  Mendes, Faber, Pettis, Healy, Condit, Brown and the list goes on.  Wow.
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 3:15:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Here's the fight card for tomorrow, this one is free on FS1.

Current odds have Belfort as a -222 favorite.  But Hendo has proven he is tough as nails, and despite getting up there in age, has proven time and time again that he can end a fight with one punch.

Link Posted: 11/9/2013 5:17:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Current odds have Belfort as a -222 favorite.  But Hendo has proven he is tough as nails, and despite getting up there in age, has proven time and time again that he can end a fight with one punch.

http://i.imgur.com/T0iChtB.png
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/9/2013 6:07:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/T0iChtB.png

Free fight tonight
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 8:01:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Starting NOW on Fox Sports 1.
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 8:22:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Got dayum!  

I was dying when no one in the crowd was cheering.  It was dead quiet. Hahaha.  Brazil is a tough crowd when a Brazilian gets laid out I guess.

Link Posted: 11/9/2013 8:29:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Got dayum!  

I was dying when no one in the crowd was cheering.  It was dead quiet. Hahaha.  Brazil is a tough crowd when a Brazilian gets laid out I guess.

View Quote

shit hurt yo
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 8:29:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Got dayum!  

View Quote

Tough crowd for sure.  You coulda heard a mouse farting on cotton after that KO.
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 9:07:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Wtf?  Dude was tapping before he even got hit on the ground!

Took a knee to the body, but damn, it didnt look that bad.

Brazil is 0 for 3 so far.  Merica; fuck yeah!

Link Posted: 11/9/2013 9:12:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Great fights so far.
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 9:13:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Great fights so far.
View Quote

Agreed.

Link Posted: 11/9/2013 9:14:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Agreed.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Great fights so far.

Agreed.

hell yea,,

Link Posted: 11/9/2013 9:21:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Some real trolls today,, now the veterans day thread,, Dam..
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 9:35:04 PM EDT
[#26]
pretty good fights tonight

eta.. and the crowd goes silent again...

Link Posted: 11/9/2013 9:36:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Holy shit.  The russian is one tough SOB.  Great fight from the undercard.
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 9:38:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hell yeah.  This is better than a lot of PPV fight cards.

Link Posted: 11/9/2013 9:42:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's nice when the free cards turn out to be full of great fights.  UFC 167 next weekend does look pretty stacked though.  I haven't bought a PPV in a long time but I might for that one.
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 9:43:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree,,
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 9:45:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Rashad hasn't been much of a finisher lately...I have a feeling Sonnen will keep riding the high after his sub of Shogun.

The new Irish kid who was hyped for the big card last month blew out his ACL and just underwent surgery.  Sucks because I was really looking forward to seeing him fight again.

Anybody think that Gustafsson has a chance again Jon Jones?
View Quote

A chance yeah. But if Jones maintains his intensity and training regimen there is nobody even on the horizon that will beat him.

IMHO

Link Posted: 11/9/2013 9:49:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

It's nice when the free cards turn out to be full of great fights.  UFC 167 next weekend does look pretty stacked though.  I haven't bought a PPV in a long time but I might for that one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It does look really good.

Link Posted: 11/9/2013 9:50:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Gifs from tonights card.
Stephenson KO of Bezerra

Feijao TKO of Pokrajac
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 9:51:58 PM EDT
[#34]
The Stephenson KO was badass.

Link Posted: 11/9/2013 9:54:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Thach KO of Thiago
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 10:11:46 PM EDT
[#36]
The home town crowd is so patriotic that they boo the winner (Brazilian) because he beat a Brazilian.  
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 10:29:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Ah shit, Hendo.

Link Posted: 11/9/2013 10:29:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Fuck!  
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 10:30:15 PM EDT
[#39]
damnnnnnn
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 10:31:46 PM EDT
[#40]
end of that,, Belfort looked good,,
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 10:33:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

He did. Props to him.

Still dont like seeing my favorites lose, though.

Link Posted: 11/9/2013 10:37:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

He did. Props to him.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He did. Props to him.

Dan is a tough guy,, belfort trained hard for that,,  

Randy has always man handled Belfort,,  kinda expected Dan to do the same
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 10:38:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Need a gif of that one.
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 10:38:26 PM EDT
[#44]
There was a whole lotta TRT going on in that ring.

Belfort is so juiced, he's got a bad HGH belly.

Link Posted: 11/9/2013 10:41:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Belfort / Hendo
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 10:44:12 PM EDT
[#46]

Great discipline on making sure he got all the way up before the finishing kick.  

Link Posted: 11/9/2013 10:47:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Great card!

I have been a fan of Vitor since he first stepped foot in the octagon in UFC 12.
Good to see him kicking so much ass in such spectacular fashion.
If Anderson loses to Wideman again, I would love to see Vitor get another shot at the belt.
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 10:50:03 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View Quote

HGH belly? steroids makes the belly pop out?

Link Posted: 11/9/2013 10:56:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Growth Hormone does yes.  And makes your head/forehead get bigger too.  It's more pronounced in professional bodybuilders who are really hitting it hard, but "GH gut" is easy to spot once you've seen it a few times.
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 11:01:36 PM EDT
[#50]
And the other KOs...
Akhmedov / Perpetuo

Sicilia / Castro
Page / 320
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top