Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/6/2002 6:50:42 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 7:04:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Republicans win because they are identified with themes of the future rather than the past.  They run with hope and optimism rather than anger and fear.  Republicans win because many middle of the road voters are tired of identity politics and want to see America as more the traditional "melting pot" and less as an aggregate of isolated communities.

Republicans won big this time because many Americans want to see President Bush succeed.  They realize he is sincere, honest, and an answer to their prayers.  In other words, he is not Bill Clinton and now that Bush has been in the Oval Office for nearly two years, there is no doubt about the difference between the two.
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 7:25:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I think most people see thru the tired themes of the Democrats that didn't work on at least on a national level. When Geo. Bush Jr. start picking judges, thing will be changing in the slow as molasses judicial branch of the Federal govt.
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 7:26:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 7:38:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Mojo,
I guess it's because more people vote for Republicans that Democrats?  (Snicker, Snicker)

Actually, I think this election had more to do with the enthusiasm of the Republican party than anything else.  This mid-term election and the last pres election was very close.  I think what swayed it, was Bush's enthusiasm and endorsement of the Republican candidates.  The democrats just didn't have that same level of enthusiasm this time around, and it cost them.  Isn't it awesome how they made history with this one?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top