Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/6/2002 3:29:18 AM EDT
Well what is our chances now for the bill to expire? I heard we did good last night[:D]but here in PA. we did bad[pissed]Overall though how did we do?
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 3:37:01 AM EDT
[#1]
We done good! Took control of the Senate.  Maintained control of the House.  But, we need to let them now what we want. Write letters and don't stop until we get WTF WE WANT!
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 3:41:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 3:50:46 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm hoping Rendell will smell the coffee (or the corpses of DemoRats) and realize going after guns is going to get his party ousted.

Man, I leave the Democratic state of Maryland for the Republican state of Pennsylvania this summer, and the damn states FLIP-FLOP on me!!
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 3:58:22 AM EDT
[#4]
In Illinois, Both blafagobitch and madigan said that a 'pro-gun' stance is the key to loosing here.

isn't that wonderful?
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 4:06:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm hoping Rendell will smell the coffee (or the corpses of DemoRats) and realize going after guns is going to get his party ousted.

Man, I leave the Democratic state of Maryland for the Republican state of Pennsylvania this summer, and the damn states FLIP-FLOP on me!!
View Quote

The governor can only sign bills that reach his desk. You still made a good move to PA.
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 4:27:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The governor can only sign bills that reach his desk. You still made a good move to PA.
View Quote

The wife is dogging me pretty good about it.

Still:

- Pennsylvania HAS a constitutional provision for owning guns

- Pennsylvania HAS Republican houses that can keep Rendell in check

- Maryland DOESN'T have a constitutional provision for owning guns

- Maryland HAS democratic houses that poor Ehrlich has to try and work with

- lastly - $19 and 2 weeks and we had CCW permits.  11 years in Maryland and we couldn't get them.
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 4:39:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

LOL!...Would you consider to move to NY?....Hillary State?
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 9:03:39 AM EDT
[#8]
fight4yourrights you are much better off here in Pa.Though now we have a jackass for a governer, Pa. house and Senate should keep the SOB in check and hopefully we can get rid of him in 4 years.
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 9:30:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
In Illinois, Both blafagobitch and madigan said that a 'pro-gun' stance is the key to loosing here.

isn't that wonderful?
View Quote

They're lying, voters didn't vote on gun issues. Gun owners certainly didn't. Democrat Party votes came from DuPage and downstate Republicans who are fed up with corrupt Republicans and the state budget crisis. I can't say I blame them, but it's just replacing Republican corruption with Democrat corruption.

The Illinois Republican Party has to purge itself of corrupt, old people and reinvent itself. The Democrats will screw up the economy and raise taxes, the Republicans will have a good '06 ticket. Blagojevich has already said he's going to try and wage the IL minimum wage by $1 over the national rate. Right in a the middle of a recession. So now you'll have some minorities making $1 more an hour and other minorities getting pink slips.

As far as gun control, Blagojevich ran an almost pro-gun campaign and I'm curious to see whether he will risk alienating downstate, rural and DuPage voters by pushing too much gun control.
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 9:38:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
- lastly - $19 and 2 weeks and we had CCW permits.  11 years in Maryland and we couldn't get them.
View Quote

When/Where did you get your CCW permit?

I just went up to PA this weekend and got one in 20 minutes. I just showed them my VA CCL and my ID and the called Harrisburg for a background check. And Bada Bing, I've got a PA permit. Maybe I got mine because I paid more for it, mine was $20.50 [whacko]
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 9:43:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Every county is different. Maybe they did you a favor since you were from out of state. What county did you goto ?
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 10:10:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Nope, Bedford County does this for everyone. I called ahead of time and asked. But your right about the counties up there, they doodoo thier own thing. Two weeks sounded harsh for there though. Course I guess I couldn't complain, down here it is 6 weeks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top