Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/5/2002 6:03:00 PM EDT
CNN - Clinton News Network has projected "Blow-guy-a-bitch" for IL Gov.

CRAP!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 6:08:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep. You might as well pack up and move to either California or New Jersey.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 6:13:17 PM EDT
[#2]
[puke]
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 6:16:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 6:26:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I was joking with my retired mother in Florida, that if this S.O.B. was elected, I was going to drive down and leave her some packages for safe keeping until I could relocate from the "armpit of the midwest". We both chuckled about it, but it looks like the nightmare is coming to pass. There are dark days ahead for the boys from illinois, 'cause the Chicago political machine will take our toys........
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 7:22:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I hope that [red][b]sheep breader[/b][/red] gets a terminal case of animal aids!!!

I know he will do a great, great job..................................

[size=6][red][b]FOR ME TO POOP ON!!!!!!!!!!!![/b][/red][/size=6]

[img]http://aol.eonline.com/News/Photos/t/triumph.dog.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 11/5/2002 7:31:56 PM EDT
[#6]
words alone do not fully describe how screwed we are in this state.

we might as well call comrade daley the governor, since that is who really runs things now.

listening to this ass clown on TV right now is making me sick.  he is going on about stopping corruption, what a load of crap.  he looks like a friggin monkey.  he should be in a zoo or something.  he is going on about change and said 'and we are going give them change' - he isn't lying.   wow, more talk about handing out more welfare - i guess that doesn't surpise me.

wow.  we are screwed.  i think it is time to pack up the dog and head south.

this sucks.  i am going to sleep.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 7:55:08 PM EDT
[#7]
It's time to stock up for a cold bitter winter. Looks like this winter will last for 4 years.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 9:04:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Those Quantico Arms and Tactical Supply Eagle Arms 5 for $550 stripped AR15 lowers advertised on this site are looking pretty tempting right now!

I am pretty bummed out.  The current Republican governor was pretty much anti, but did little as far as activism with state lawmakers to change gun laws.  I can guarantee that this governor along with other liberals here, including just elected Clinton cronie, Rahm Emanuel, will pass really restrictive laws.  They will have the votes.

Better stock up on "assault weapons", high capacity mags, and be prepared for the "one gun a month" scheme, among other things.  Get your pens ready for filling out the "state firearm registration forms" too.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 9:36:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Get your pens ready for filling out the "state firearm registration forms" too.
View Quote

I will NEVER register ANY of my firearm(s) and you had not better either.
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 2:12:16 AM EDT
[#10]
oh, this sucks.

watching the morning news and the new AG, lisa madigan was yelling about 'we will pass new guns laws'

yep

anyone in indiana want to invade us?
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 2:26:21 AM EDT
[#11]
[img]http://us.st5.yimg.com/store4.yimg.com/I/demotivators_1711_4691024[/img]
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 2:52:02 AM EDT
[#12]
I blame the GOP in Illinois. We elected this slime ball G. Ryan and he made a complete ass of himself. Then someone thought it would be a good idea to run another Ryan for governor. The republicans handed the governorship to Daley.
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 2:56:11 AM EDT
[#13]
You forgot to mention that the dems also have the House and the Senate in IL!  I guess it will be easy to figure out who the problem is.

Concealcarry, Inc. in IL is tentatively planning on have a Build Your Own AR15 Home Defense Weapon with no serial number day on January 18th.  Might I suggest you all do the same??

Steve
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 3:04:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Just to think, I thought we were screwed in MI!

There's something creepy about Blagojevich.  He reeks of organized crime.
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 5:22:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I blame the GOP in Illinois. We elected this slime ball G. Ryan and he made a complete ass of himself. Then someone thought it would be a good idea to run another Ryan for governor. The republicans handed the governorship to Daley.
View Quote

That's right.  The Republican Party of Illinois IS corrupt, and inept.  I couldn't support them this time (except in opposition to Madigan & Durbin).  How could the Republican party give us George Ryan (corrupt, liar, reversed on every campaign promise) and then give us semi-controversial candidates Jim Ryan & Birkett, run feeble campaigns, and expect to win.  We lost it, the Chicago machine won, and gun-owners lost big.

Richardson
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 5:46:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Y'all get your butts down here to Georgia.  Concealed carry, instant approval mechanism on gun purchases, warm weather in the winter, and not too hot in the summer (in the northern 1/2 of the state at least), pretty women for you single guys, great deer hunting and fishing, and good people to associate with.

C'mon down [:D]
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 5:52:17 AM EDT
[#17]
I would be willing to help some individuals emigrate to IA. Glad I only work on your side of the river.
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 6:01:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
oh, this sucks.

watching the morning news and the new AG, lisa madigan was yelling about 'we will pass new guns laws'

yep

View Quote

We probably won't invade, but we do welcome pro gun refugees. No concealed weapon laws here. Right to carry permits, high cap mags, you can own machine guns, etc.  Weather's about the same. We don't have Chicago and East St. Louis in our state, although Gary is about as bad.
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 6:12:31 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm moving to Indiana.
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 6:13:51 AM EDT
[#20]
I had a friend tell me that he voted in favor of like 500 dollar FOID cards, and all this other crazy stuff.  You know we are in deep shit when the governor is endorsed by the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgendered Community.  HOLY SHIT!  What kind of times are we living in where being endorsed by a queer goup helps you GAIN votes??
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 7:12:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
oh, this sucks.

View Quote

The Attorney General can't pass new gun control laws, they only enforce existing laws on the books. However the newly Democrat Party majority IL Senate can and our new Democrat Party governor will surely sign it.

Like I said, this year's Black Rifle Convention was the last in IL.
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 7:30:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Hi All,

As a fellow Illinoian I have to say lets wait and see what the storm brings. I know that the future is bleak but remember Chicago politiks! There has always been a lot of infighting between Daley, and Madigan, as well as Alderman Mell. Thought the Democraps wone the day they do not play well together. Furthermore, good ol' Blago the impailer made HUGE promises that many are going to keep him to and he can not satisfy them all. Now, add to that the fact that the State is in a defecit and he promised more money on top of the defecit. Harbor your strength and wait. Hell, lord knows I want to bug out too BUT, we need to try and make a stand somewhere and this is as good a place as any, for now....

Link Posted: 11/6/2002 7:34:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Get your pens ready for filling out the "state firearm registration forms" too.
View Quote

I will NEVER register ANY of my firearm(s) and you had not better either.
View Quote

Don't worry, I won't![;)]

A major problem in the state is, liberals are invading typically republican areas of the state in Chicago's suburbs and farm country and it's killing us.  These people work in Chicago or nearby and love all the arts and sporting events, etc. that Chicago has. However, when it comes time to [i]live[/i] in the murder capital of the country that's full of heavy traffic, filth, crime, etc., they choose to house themselves elsewhere.  That's when we get democrats able to squeak through elections and represent these highly republican areas.  Typical liberal hypocrites.

Doesn't hurt for these liberal candidates to never talk about raising taxes, gun control etc. either.  The news outlets in Chicago are basically full of liberal broadcasters that never ask any hard questions about these issues.
The debates were a joke.
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 7:48:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
A major problem in the state is, liberals are invading typically republican areas of the state in Chicago's suburbs and farm country and it's killing us.  These people work in Chicago or nearby and love all the arts and sporting events, etc. that Chicago has. However, when it comes time to [i]live[/i] in the murder capital of the country that's full of heavy traffic, filth, crime, etc., they choose to house themselves elsewhere.  That's when we get democrats able to squeak through elections and represent these highly republican areas.  Typical liberal hypocrites.

Doesn't hurt for these liberal candidates to never talk about raising taxes, gun control etc. either.  The news outlets in Chicago are basically full of liberal broadcasters that never ask any hard questions about these issues.
The debates were a joke.
View Quote

Yeah, the only gun control questions I heard from the debates was PBS asking Madigan and Birkett about Concealed Carry Inc's endorsement of Birkett.

I don't get the impression that the Democrat Party's win was because of their pro-gun control stance. IL voters don't seem to vote on gun issues (unfortunately neither do IL gun owners). It was corruption and the state deficit. Republicans crashed & burned and didn't try to get out. Pathetic. Maybe this will force out the dead wood and recreate the IL Republican Party.
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 8:19:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Yeah,

I'm glad I'm out of this state middle of next year.  I think it will take a little while to pass any new gun laws, and, hopefully the Dems will see the national trend and realize that only a major Fuc*up by the Repubs in putting Ryan on the ballot got them into power, and Madigan wouldn't have made it on her own--she had to rid on Blagovitch's coattails.  

I would predict a fast ban on:
.50 cals

A little slower ban on assault weapons and eventually more restrictions (7 day wait, new FOID) for handguns.

AFARR
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 9:35:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Yeah,

I'm glad I'm out of this state middle of next year.  I think it will take a little while to pass any new gun laws, and, hopefully the Dems will see the national trend and realize that only a major Fuc*up by the Repubs in putting Ryan on the ballot got them into power, and Madigan wouldn't have made it on her own--she had to rid on Blagovitch's coattails.  

I would predict a fast ban on:
.50 cals

A little slower ban on assault weapons and eventually more restrictions (7 day wait, new FOID) for handguns.

AFARR
View Quote

I think the 50 cal. ban will happen for sure, and your point about the stupid waiting period increasing is sure to happen too.
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 9:42:13 AM EDT
[#27]
If you live in Illinois, please visit the following website frequently:  [url]www.legis.state.il.us/[/url] and click on where it says legislation-status and text at the top of the page to keep up to date on what is proposed and how far along the legislation is.

There is usually a lot of anti-gun stuff proposed there.  Call or write you state rep. and state senator to oppose these things.
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 9:46:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
oh, this sucks.

yep

View Quote

WE WILL GLADY INVADE YOU AFTER THEY TAKE YOUR WEAPONS!
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 9:51:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Ban 50's, that'll stop the crime.  Most are committed with 50's (make me puke).  

They'll increase fees, attempt bans on military style rifles, high cap mags, ect, ect, ect while the thugs on the south side keep killing and the tax dollars from outside Chicago make their way into Daleys pocket.

I hope I'm wrong but somehow I doubt it!!!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top