Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/5/2002 4:59:19 PM EDT
check out this DU post. lol

http://www.democraticunderground.com/duforum/DCForumID60/15798.html

Detroit is an armed camp!
I have to make this quick since many of the computer servers in the Detroit area are not working correctly or at all. I cannot receive e-mail, and it took three hours to get back to DU.
Detroit is an armed camp. There are police stationed 500 yards from every polling place I've seen (and I did a tour of several of them). The police are stopping and ticketing drivers around polling places for the most minor of infraction. Of the two dozen (!!) drivers I saw pulled over this morning, perhaps 90-95 percent of them were Black ... and all the officers were white.

Now I understand why the Republicans backed off of sending their "challengers" (or, at least, that's what they appeared to do). The police are aiding in the disenfranchisement! This is an obvious intimidation tactic. There are never these many cops on the street unless they are doing a major bust. There weren't even this many during 2000!

Welcome to GWB's America, post-2002 -- an armed police camp!

Martin

P.S.: Long-distance phone service is working intermittently, and it seems that some shortwave radio signals are also being jammed (according to a HAM operator from Cleveland I know). I guess it's time to wear the tinfoil flak helmet!

edited to remove hotlink
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 5:08:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Of course, he is implying that there are voting improprieties and the evil Republicans are actually locking the telephones and internet, and jamming radio frequencies so the word doesn't get out.  This is so utterly preposterous that I just want to reach through my monitor and bitch slap this guy.

I can't get onto DU.  Tried a couple different connections (IPs), but I'm out.  Not that I really miss it.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 5:09:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I may have to register just to post this

"if this was true it would be all over the news, even fox would have it"
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 5:10:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!

That's some wacky dope this guy's been smoking.  He should write for SNL!
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 5:11:37 PM EDT
[#4]
And I thought only rightwingers were paranoid freaks.. Present company excluded of course...

Doesn't surprise me though. Dems are always claiming this stuff..
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 5:14:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Actually, a lazy-assed Dem will use anything as an excuse to stay home, smoke crack, and avoid voting.

The only time they get out to vote is when some member of the DNC agrees to give them a hit of smack or pack of smokes in exchange for their vote.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 5:15:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I seriously have no clue what made him write that. Having been banned, I can't exactly ask him either. Maybe he wasn't watching as the liberal press announced heightened security over TERROR CONCERNS. somone please troll/post this guy!
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 5:18:34 PM EDT
[#7]
In most states the police are stationed at poll location to prevent problems  but in Detrroit they must be there to keep the dems from voting.  Damn these folks are parinoid.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 5:22:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I may have to register just to post this

"if this was true it would be all over the news, even fox would have it"
View Quote

These guys are waaaaaay out in "left field" so to speak.  For example, they call all news channels and mainstream papers "mediawhores" because they believe that they are lying or covering up the truth about the utter evil of the GOP, going soft on Bush while they demonized Clinton over his wee-wee.  

They think there is a vast right-wing conspiracy that has all US media bought and paid for, except for founts of truth and honesty like www.democraticunderground.com, bartcop.com, buzzflash.com, indymedia.org, etc.

So just saying that if that were true the news would report it, they'll just dismiss your point saying that the "mediawhores" would never broadcast Republican voter fraud and intimidation. And then they'd ban you to prevent them from ever having to face reality.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 5:22:48 PM EDT
[#9]
I was just over there on the DU and those loonies are really going crazy.  They are so stressed out that I'm afraid they may hurt themselves!

It IS very funny to read their posts.  With each piece of news about a Republican victory, they get more and more freaked out.  The stuff they are posting is really vicious too.

Wonder if any of them need some help with ritual seppeku?  [;D]
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 5:26:56 PM EDT
[#10]
I thought we werent suppose to hot link to DU?
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 5:36:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I thought we werent suppose to hot link to DU?
View Quote

my bad
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 6:51:23 PM EDT
[#12]
DU quotes from tonight;

[b]
It's stunning...we may actually lose the Senate.

What did he do wrong?!

Shit, I am pissed, and getting drunk.
And we'll have to put up with media whores calling Bush the greatest president in history for bucking the mid-term trend. I'm physically sick

This can't be happening...

So - I've taken my 2 Xanax's so I can sleep and tomorrow…

I'm going to massage my bruised ego with Wild Turkey and Alka-Seltzer and try to get some sleep[/b]
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 6:58:06 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm telling you, there's nothing sweeter than watching those guys lose elections.  They invest so much of their hearts and hopes on freaking politicians, as if Gore Clinton and Wellstone were somehow saints or loving big brothers.  

I wish I could get in and watch this like I did during McKinney's primary defeat.  
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 7:00:12 PM EDT
[#14]
I will never be able to look at a wild turkey bottle quite the same way again...
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 7:06:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Can someone get those cops a doughnut?[:D]

If only we could get quality hippie/commie bashers down here.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 7:25:13 PM EDT
[#16]
some new topics on DU:

god f*ucked America
WE LOSE BIGTIME!

and the ever classic..THANK GOD I AM A WHITE MALE!!  

hahaha just go check out the chaos!

hope I am not gloating to soon
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 7:31:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
DU quotes from tonight;

[b]

What did he do wrong?!

And we'll have to put up with media whores calling Bush the greatest president in history for bucking the mid-term trend. I'm physically sick

I'm going to massage my bruised ego with Wild Turkey and Alka-Seltzer and try to get some sleep[/b]
View Quote

You know, I always thought it was an exaggeration when people said, "I laughed so hard I wet myself."  

Until right now.  Either I gave myself a hernia or just lost bladder control, but whichever is the case, that is a damned satisfying thing to read.  

"Let me taste your tears...mmmm, they taste so sweet!"
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 7:37:00 PM EDT
[#18]
[whacko][whacko][whacko][whacko][whacko]WOW.. Tin-Foil Hat anyone??? [whacko][whacko][whacko][whacko]

Hey.. that gave me a thought.... I figured out why some of these freaks are anti-gun...

They are jellous because that cant legally buy one.  The reason for that is when they fill out the 4473 they have to answer YES to the question that they are mentally defective
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 7:53:52 PM EDT
[#19]
omg..if I may paraphrase... "gonna sleep now...need drugs...gonna get drunk and sleep tomorrow" ...need a freakin job anyone? lay off the anti-depressants and go to work. Then, after a long day at work, maybe you'll have an easier time sleeping. I've known chihuahas that seemed less frantic.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 8:02:51 PM EDT
[#20]
then theres us "[b]Whoopie democraps losing left and right YEAH! this is the greatest time we have had in a while [/b]
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 8:17:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
THANK GOD I AM A WHITE MALE!!  
View Quote

I got a smile out of this one.  They seem to think the whole world is out to get the black man.  I live in a mostly black neighborhood and can tell you that if anything the black man is out to get us.  
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 8:36:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
THANK GOD I AM A WHITE MALE!!  
View Quote

I got a smile out of this one.  They seem to think the whole world is out to get the black man.  I live in a mostly black neighborhood and can tell you that if anything the black man is out to get us.  
View Quote

[sarcasm]YOU RACIST BASTARD! HOW DARE YOU![/sarcasm]

I wish people would realize that in nature everyone is out to get everyone and it is each individuals responsibility to protect himself.  If x race is being oppressed, and they have guns, how oppressed can they really get, unless they really don't mind the oppression.
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 5:49:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
DU quotes from tonight;

[b]

What did he do wrong?!

View Quote

You know, I always thought it was an exaggeration when people said, "I laughed so hard I wet myself."  

Until right now.  Either I gave myself a hernia or just lost bladder control, but whichever is the case, that is a damned satisfying thing to read.  

"Let me taste your tears...mmmm, they taste so sweet!"
View Quote

Actually, the saying is, "I think I crapped my pants."

After reading this thread and watching the DU this morning, I must say,

[b][size=3]I THINK I CRAPPED MY PANTS!!!!![/b][/size=3]
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 6:10:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Why does the Dumbo BS sound like a bunch of misguided pansies?? Or, did I just hit that one on the head??
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top