Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/4/2002 2:44:43 PM EDT
Here I sit, in a hotel where I am staying while undergoing some enterprise computer training and this is what a little card attached to the phone says: "Residence Inn subscribes to AT&T long distance and operator services. A surcharge is applied to all long distance and international calls charged to the room. Surcharge is PRIME RATE plus 50% and this is equivalent to approximately $8.00 to $20.00 per minute for long distance and international direct dialed calls." Maybe I am just sensitive about my long distance, but this seems to be a tad excessive.
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 2:55:37 PM EDT
Dude, that's the reason I never leave home without a cellphone. For about the same dime as a minute of that garbage I get 3500 digital min with no long distance charges.
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 2:58:59 PM EDT
Yeah, I'm sensitive about getting sodomized, too. I particularly like places that charge you $2/min for local & toll-free calls.
Originally Posted By PosterChild: Maybe I am just sensitive about my long distance, but this seems to be a tad excessive.
View Quote
I'm with cmoth; go for the cell phone with nationwide roaming.
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 3:06:27 PM EDT
Forgot to add... I do have a cell phone which is the only redeeming factor. The other ass raping is the fact that they charge .50¢ for any local call so my dial-up Internet access would cost .50¢ every time I dialed up, so I set my e-mail program to check for mail every minute so it keeps the line active...2hrs. and 11 minutes now. Screw the hotel.
Top Top