BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 41
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 6:09:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not much class in GD.....but that is not a surprise.
View Quote

The joke isn't the replies dude.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 6:09:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Agreed.  Respectfully speaking, Troy can make their business decisions as they see fit, and I can make by buying decisions as I see fit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thank you for posting. We might not agree with every decision, but it matters that you stand and speak. I hope the other posters will be respectful.

Agreed.  Respectfully speaking, Troy can make their business decisions as they see fit, and I can make by buying decisions as I see fit.

This is how I feel. Not comfortable spending my cash on Troy stuff in the future.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 6:09:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He doesn't get it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 6:09:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Bye Troy

I will no longer buy any of your products.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 6:09:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Thank you for making up my mind.

NO MORE TROY PRODUCTS FOR ME.  EVER.
View Quote

I was waiting to hear both sides of the story and now that I have,

THIS

Link Posted: 8/26/2013 6:10:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I LOLed
View All Quotes

It would be funny, if they wouldn't seriously consider hiring her.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 6:10:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
In to see where this goes...
View Quote

Yeah.  This.  

And I'll still probably buy at least one more Troy BUIS set.  I like em and they work good for me.  YMMV of course.

ETA...holy piss this thread moved fuckin fast.

Yeah,  looking elsewhere now.  Damnit.  I need a one set of BUIS too.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 6:10:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 6:10:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Thank you, for making this statement.

Link Posted: 8/26/2013 6:10:44 PM EDT
[#10]
IN
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 6:11:09 PM EDT
[#11]
OST
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 6:11:15 PM EDT
[#12]
There are probably hundreds if not thousands of people more qualified for that job and troy decided to be contrsversial.  

Most of the time its the employees that bring a business down.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 6:11:16 PM EDT
[#13]
"On August 22, 1992, Dale was an HRT Operator tasked to a mission in
which he found himself facing armed adversaries. His thoughts were not
only on the situation at hand, but the tragic death of a child and a
U.S. Marshal. During this type of confrontation when people die, you
don’t have the ability to pick sides, they are drawn before you arrive.

Dale did what he was trained to do as a sniper / observer.
 He was
fortunate not to have to take a life at this engagement. Special Agent
Horiuchi made the regrettable shot, a mistake for which he will never be
forgiven.  Of the FBI Agents assigned to the Ruby Ridge tragedy, Dale
has been one of the most outspoken. He has delivered dozens of
presentations to more than 1000 civilians titled "Mistakes and Lessons
of Ruby Ridge”.  I weighed carefully the decision whether or not to
retain Dale and could find no ethical or moral reason to remove him.  
Dale has not committed a criminal act, he answered all questions
honestly, he did not cover anything up and he did not shoot anyone at
Ruby Ridge. Dale was asked to join TA for his critical incident
management expertise. Dale was never slated by TA for firearms
instruction."

Then you get to choose to go or not to go.

"We were only following orders" has never been very popular with me.

Thank you for your response. Now go think about why it will lose you business.

Link Posted: 8/26/2013 6:11:18 PM EDT
[#14]
In.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 6:12:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Sounds like someone needs to go to back through the crisis management, critical incident response, and tactical decision making sections of the training offered at Troy.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 6:12:19 PM EDT
[#16]
In before someone bandsaws their troy rails.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 6:12:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Getting my popcorn.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/26/2013 6:12:39 PM EDT
[#18]
In to see where this goes...
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 6:12:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
So then, are you going to hire Lon?

View Quote

Would you consider it?

If not, why?
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 6:13:50 PM EDT
[#20]
I appreciate the statement.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 6:13:50 PM EDT
[#21]
tough crowd here at arfcom. I file this one under shit happens. I don't own anything made by troy but they aren't off my list either
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 6:13:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Thanks for giving me yet another reason to give my money to Midwest Industries over Troy.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 6:14:02 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:...........

On August 22, 1992, Dale was an HRT Operator tasked to a mission in which he found himself facing armed adversaries. His thoughts were not only on the situation at hand, but the tragic death of a child and a U.S. Marshal. During this type of confrontation when people die, you don’t have the ability to pick sides, they are drawn before you arrive. Dale did what he was trained to do as a sniper / observer.  He was fortunate not to have to take a life at this engagement. Special Agent Horiuchi made the regrettable shot, a mistake for which he will never be forgiven...............A Shot in which Dale said he would have taken had Lou not fired first.
View Quote
in red

Link Posted: 8/26/2013 6:14:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Dale did what he was trained to do as a sniper / observer.
View Quote

Jawohl.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 6:14:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I appreciate having the opportunity to speak to members of this forum. Troy Asymmetric, part of the “World of Troy,” is a business entity with a director who until this past week, held exclusive hiring authority.  I am its owner, it bears my name and as we have witnessed in recent days, effects public opinion of all Troy divisions. Earlier this week, I terminated an instructor who did not support the Second Amendment as ardently as I and members of the community do.

Troy Asymmetric provides training to military and law enforcement personnel.  If you spend 5 seconds on the website you’ll see a graphical depiction of a bomb explosion - the primary focus of the company.  Take a moment to read the course list and you’ll note a common theme: training pertaining to explosions, bomb threats, post-blast crime scenes, incident command and crisis management.  Instructors’ primary areas of expertise lie in the “bomb world,” with EOD experience, critical incident response, and tactical decision making.  Some posters on the forum have said we only train “Jack Booted Thugs” and there is a secret agenda. These same posters conveniently ignore Troy Prepared: www.troyprepared.com. Troy Asymmetric to this date has offered no firearms training for Gov’t and LE, but in comparison, Troy Prepared has always offered firearms training to qualified civilians.  From a factual, non-emotional context, it is impossible to draw the conclusion that we somehow do not support the Second Amendment and are only training “secret army”.

On August 22, 1992, Dale was an HRT Operator tasked to a mission in which he found himself facing armed adversaries. His thoughts were not only on the situation at hand, but the tragic death of a child and a U.S. Marshal. During this type of confrontation when people die, you don’t have the ability to pick sides, they are drawn before you arrive. Dale did what he was trained to do as a sniper / observer.  He was fortunate not to have to take a life at this engagement. Special Agent Horiuchi made the regrettable shot, a mistake for which he will never be forgiven.  Of the FBI Agents assigned to the Ruby Ridge tragedy, Dale has been one of the most outspoken. He has delivered dozens of presentations to more than 1000 civilians titled “Mistakes and Lessons of Ruby Ridge”.  I weighed carefully the decision whether or not to retain Dale and could find no ethical or moral reason to remove him.  Dale has not committed a criminal act, he answered all questions honestly, he did not cover anything up and he did not shoot anyone at Ruby Ridge. Dale was asked to join TA for his critical incident management expertise. Dale was never slated by TA for firearms instruction.

We all know from our biggest failures come the greatest lessons in life.  Providing training that is relevant with experienced, qualified instructors can prevent a tragedy like Ruby Ridge. Dale will be able to deliver this powerful message and lessons learned in crisis management and incident command.  I am driven and passionate about bringing effective change through pertinent training and speakers that have lived through these nightmares. Many times I have seen posts in forums that state “if you weren’t there then SDASTFU”, with that same school of thought, there is no one better than Dale to speak about tragedies like Ruby Ridge.

I have been a longtime and outspoken supporter of the Second Amendment.  I always choose to do what’s right, even if my stance goes against others opinion.  I will not throw this man to the wolves as he has demonstrated throughout his life high integrity and honor.  I know most of those who would disagree are using this forum to voice your anger towards the United States Government. In some cases that anger is justified. The Ruby Ridge tragedy and the loss of life there make no bigger example of abuse of power and Government gone wrong.  However, I disagree with your personal attacks on my family and company as we are not the Government and we are not training “Jack Booted Thugs”.  I am a patriot and I swore to uphold and defend the Constitution of The United States, all of it. Those who have taken that same oath recognize the importance of keeping it. Thank you.  -Steve Troy
View Quote

define "qualified civilians"
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 6:14:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Last weekend, at Shoot Straight which is my local gunstore and where I spend quite a lot of money, I  picked up a Troy Drop In BattleRail and and a Troy folding backup sight and started walking to the cash register to pay for them but I just couldn't bring myself to buy them so I decided to put them back on the display rack.

That about sums up the situation for me.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 6:14:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

He doesn't get it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He doesn't get it.

I get that we can't discuss our displeasure without acting like children. I won't buy from a company who pays that kind of JBT on their payroll. I can do that with respect for a man standing up and speaking, even though I disagree.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 6:14:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 6:16:05 PM EDT
[#29]
If arfcom bandwagon boycotts actually worked, there wouldn't be a single gun/gun accessory manufacturer/dealer left in business.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 6:16:53 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

If arfcom bandwagon boycotts actually worked, there wouldn't be a single gun/gun accessory manufacturer/dealer left in business.
View Quote

Ask Jim Zumbo how that worked out for him.

Link Posted: 8/26/2013 6:17:19 PM EDT
[#31]
I planned on buying a lot of Troy products for my next three builds. BUIs, Rails, etc. But now you can go hire Joe Biden for all I care, I will go elsewhere.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 6:17:29 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Sometimes.  But "we" as gun owners spend a shit ton of money and don't like when gov agents kill us over bullshit things.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

We as gun owners are some of our own worse enemies.

Sometimes.  But "we" as gun owners spend a shit ton of money and don't like when gov agents kill us over bullshit things.

Do you really think they went up there to "kill" Randy and his family that day? Does every LEO that walks by you make you twitch?

Link Posted: 8/26/2013 6:17:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Thanks for the statement and posting in GD, I still disagree with the hiring and backing of Dale, especially after watching the C-Span hearing.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/26/2013 6:17:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Other members of the FBI on site realized the special ROE was basically an illegal 'kill on sight' order and chose to follow a more standard ROE.  Dale didn't.
Should have hired one of them, they have better decision making skills.
But you didn't, so no more money for you.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 6:18:02 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

We as gun owners are some of our own worse enemies.
View Quote
Especially if they support keeping a man who said he would have shot an unarmed woman holding a baby in the face.

Link Posted: 8/26/2013 6:18:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 6:18:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks for the statement and posting in GD, I still disagree with the hiring and backing of Dale, especially after watching the C-Span hearing.

+1

They will never see a cent of my money.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 6:18:34 PM EDT
[#38]
In to see where this goes
I will not be buying any more Troy products myself.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 6:19:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Yes Mr. Troy some here blame the government for what happened at Ruby Ridge. Dale was an agent of that government. As we all have been taught, one must stand up for what is right, especially public servants. Dale, did not stand up. We in the military and law enforcement know that an unlawful order cannot and should not be followed. Dale did follow orders. He stated in a public hearing before congress that he would have shot. He is stained with the blood of innocents who were targeted by the very government sworn to uphold the law, to protect life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Dale is the personification of a jack booted thug. He not only supported the actions of Horiuchi, he failed to take action to stop him.
Your continued support of this man only demonstrates your failure to see the lines being drawn between an ever more powerful federal government and the people it is sworn to protect. Fuck be upon Troy Industries for now and for ever.

Jim
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 6:19:10 PM EDT
[#40]
I was trying to decide between a troy rail and a diamondhead v-rs. guess which one I won't be getting now/
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 6:19:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
in red  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:...........

On August 22, 1992, Dale was an HRT Operator tasked to a mission in which he found himself facing armed adversaries. His thoughts were not only on the situation at hand, but the tragic death of a child and a U.S. Marshal. During this type of confrontation when people die, you don’t have the ability to pick sides, they are drawn before you arrive. Dale did what he was trained to do as a sniper / observer.  He was fortunate not to have to take a life at this engagement. Special Agent Horiuchi made the regrettable shot, a mistake for which he will never be forgiven...............A Shot in which Dale said he would have taken had Lou not fired first.
in red  

Was Lou the second gunman on the grassy knoll?
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 6:19:35 PM EDT
[#42]
I respect you standing up for what you believe in, I however, can NEVER buy another one of your products in good conscience.  It's a shame, I like my Troy rails and BUIS, but companies who employ "wanna' be" murderers will never see a dime from me.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 6:19:39 PM EDT
[#43]
While I do appreciate your response, I do feel compelled to let you know that, I feel that, I went through a "more thorough" vetting process, to get a job as a plumber.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 6:19:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Do you really think they went up there to "kill" Randy and his family that day? Does every LEO that walks by you make you twitch?
View Quote

They sure brought enough snipers if they weren't looking to shoot anybody.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 6:19:54 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

In to see where this goes
View Quote

it's not going where Steve thought it would go

Link Posted: 8/26/2013 6:20:06 PM EDT
[#46]
In and and no more of my cash will be spent with troy
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 6:20:24 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View Quote

This!

Link Posted: 8/26/2013 6:20:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Maybe I'm missing the point of this thread, but what someone did or did not do a generation ago in a truly bad situation seems a bit weird.

I own several sets of Troy sights.  They're excellent.  I'll buy more in the future.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 6:20:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

As should anyone who defends their "integrity".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone involved in Ruby Ridge should be black listed forever.

As should anyone who defends their "integrity".

Quoted:
"On August 22, 1992, Dale was an HRT Operator tasked to a mission in which he found himself facing armed adversaries. His thoughts were not only on the situation at hand, but the tragic death of a child and a U.S. Marshal. During this type of confrontation when people die, you don’t have the ability to pick sides, they are drawn before you arrive. Dale did what he was trained to do as a sniper / observer.  He was fortunate not to have to take a life at this engagement. Special Agent Horiuchi made the regrettable shot, a mistake for which he will never be forgiven.  Of the FBI Agents assigned to the Ruby Ridge tragedy, Dale has been one of the most outspoken. He has delivered dozens of presentations to more than 1000 civilians titled "Mistakes and Lessons of Ruby Ridge”.  I weighed carefully the decision whether or not to retain Dale and could find no ethical or moral reason to remove him.  Dale has not committed a criminal act, he answered all questions honestly, he did not cover anything up and he did not shoot anyone at Ruby Ridge. Dale was asked to join TA for his critical incident management expertise. Dale was never slated by TA for firearms instruction."

Then you get to choose to go or not to go.

"We were only following orders" has never been very popular with me.

Thank you for your response. Now go think about why it will lose you business.

Those are the parts that stood out to me, too.  Glaring.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 6:20:48 PM EDT
[#50]

If you're still hiring, why don't you consider these guys as instructors?  They have over 100 combined kills.
Page / 41
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top